Born in Queens, New York, William Baker made a lot of bad choices that got him expelled from high school and gradually became a small time crook to steal money to pay for his ill daughter's medical treatments. Eventually, going by the alias Flint Marko, he was eventually arrested and imprisoned on Riker's Island. But after escaping from prison, Marko accidentally stumbled into an experimental particle accelerator that molecularly binded him with sand, becoming a supervillain known as "The Sandman".
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: William Baker (also known as Flint Marko), The Sandman
Origin: Marvel Comics
Age: Likely around 30 - 40
Speed: Massively Hypersonic combat speed (Comparable to Spider-Man)
Lifting Strength: Unknown (When transforming his body parts into sand, he gains superhuman strength, being able to lift heavy weights and hurl it. He can also absorb sand and grow in size, which increases his strength)
Striking Strength: Small Town Class
Durability: Small Town level. Due to Sandman's density control, he is extremely hard to damage. He can either turn himself into rock-hard sand so that heavy impacts won't harm him, or loosen himself up so that other powerful attacks will simply pass through him without causing damage.
Range: Due to his ability to change size at will and shape-shift, he can make his body parts longer which gives him a tremendous range advantage.
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: At least average
Weaknesses: Water is one of his most common weaknesses. Water can soften his sand granules therefore, Sandman cannot control them and has to wait for them to dry (but he sometimes overcomes that). A really hot temperature can turn him into crystal.
- Shape-Shifting: Since he can turn his different body parts into sand, he can transform his body parts into weapons or transform his entire body into anything he can imagine (he usually combines this ability with his density contol and super strength by creating hammers, big hands or maces to make his attacks more powerful.)
- Size Alteration/Sand Conversion: Due to his ability to shape-shift, he can change size, he also does this by absorbing sand around him.
- Sand Blasts: He can project his sand particles outward at high velocity and, when in the shape of a bulky object, with the impact of a large sandbag.
- Glass Generation: Sandman has more recently learned some new tricks from the Wizard, including altering the formation of his sand particles and transforming them into glass. This grants him the ability to reflect light and energy off of him.
- Reformation: Sandman maintains mental control of the particles of which his body is composed so that he can reform his scattered grains unless a substantial portion of his body mass has been isolated.
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.