|“||Much like you, I too have a god who comforts my heart. I am one of the Gold Saints who protect the Goddess Athena. I am Sagittarius Aiolos! I wish to uphold peace on Earth. And for that, I risk my life in combat, much like you. It matters not if the fire of my life is to fade away, for my Cosmos shall remain eternal on Earth... I believe in the creation of peace.||„|
|~ Sagittarius Aiolos|
- "To the young men who here arrived, I entrust Athena to your care."
- — Sagittarius Aiolos' dying will
Sagittarius Aiolos (射手座サジタリアスのアイオロス Sajitariasu no Aiorosu) is the Gold Saint of the Sagittarius Constellation, and the older brother of Leo Aiolia. Alongside Gemini Saga, Aiolos was a senior of his fellow Gold Saints, donning his armor while the others were still only small children. In contrast to his younger sibling who had an aggressive, fiery and passionate self, Aiolos was calm and collected, yet warm and gentle to those around him, but above all he held undying loyalty to Athena.
Aiolos possessed all the qualities of an ideal Saint: Strength, courage, wisdom and complete selflessness, and alongside Saga he was loved and revered as a Saint above all others. During those times Aiolos fought against numerous great opponents, such as the armies of the Sun God Ra, the giant Typhon, and the Egyptian deity Apophis, with his great victories over his every foe leading to him being considered the most powerful of the Gold Saints. Due to all of this, he was selected by Shion to be his successor as the Pope of the Sanctuary.
However, when Gemini Saga became corrupted by evil, overthrowing the old Shion and attempting to assassinate the newborn Athena, Aiolos unflinchingly renounced all his glory. He rescued the baby goddess and fled the Sanctuary, being declared a traitor and sentenced to death. He was confronted by Capricorn Shura, who had been ordered to slay him, and though his strength was inferior Aiolos' kindness made him incapable of attacking his fellow Saint. He was mortally wounded by Shura's Excalibur, and died soon after escaping the Sanctuary and bestowing Athena to Mitsumasa Kido. However, his Cosmos remained on Earth even after death, and throughout the following years his spirit would aid both his younger brother Aiolia, and his successor Seiya numerous times.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 3-B, likely higher
Name: Sagittarius Aiolos
Origin: Saint Seiya
Age: 14 at Death, 27 - 31 if he were alive
Classification: Human, Gold Saint of Sagittarius, Saint of Athena
Powers and Abilities: 7th and 8th Sense User, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Regeneration (High), Matter Manipulation (Atomic-level creation, manipulation, destruction and restoration), Energy Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Lightning Manipulation, Heat Manipulation (Can surpass the temperature of the sun's core), Soul Manipulation, Resurrection, Healing, Flight / Levitation, Teleportation, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Reactive Evolution (Can comprehend an enemy attack's components, identify its weaknesses and fully adapt to it after seeing it once), Can kill souls, Existence Erasure (Can destroy the very origin of life's flow, completely erasing the opponent on a physical and spiritual level), Acausality, Has complete control over his soul with 8th Sense, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Illusions, Dream Manipulation, Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Existence Erasure.
Attack Potency: At least Multi-Galaxy level, likely higher (Stated as being the strongest Gold Saint by Aries Mu, Capricorn Shura and Virgo Shaka. Said to be the strongest Gold Saint by WoG 4 times over two consecutive pages. Has been stated to have strength superior to Saga's. His power is superior to that of the Sun God Ra, knocked sealed Typhon back into slumber with one attack, channeled Atum's light and killed the God of Chaos Apophis with one arrow)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Powerscaling)
Lifting Strength: Multi-Stellar+
Striking Strength: At least Multi-Galactic, likely higher
Durability: At least Multi-Galaxy level, likely higher
Stamina: Nearly limitless (Gold Saints can fight for 1000 days)
Range: Intergalactic, Universal / Cross-Dimensional with his abilities
Standard Equipment: Sagittarius Gold Cloth, Sagittarius Arrow
Intelligence: Aiolos is a genius in combat and a master archer, and taught Leo Aiolia all that he knows. He is also a very wise individual, with a strong sense of honor and leadership, and as such was chosen by Shion to be his successor as the Pope of the Sanctuary. Can read the movement and alignment of the stars and know the future.
Weaknesses: None notable.
Notable Attacks / Techniques:
- Sagittarius Golden Arrow: Much like the Libra Saints who can carry the 12 Libra Weapons, and the Capricorn Saints who wield Excalibur, the Sagittarius Gold Saint is allowed to use a weapon in combat, in his case a bow and arrow. Aiolos draws his bow, concentrating and burning his cosmos around the arrow which glows with a golden aura, and upon firing flies towards its target as a beam of light. At full power the Sagittarius Arrow can harm even the gods.
- Atomic Thunderbolt: An anime-exclusive technique. Aiolos charges a great quantity of cosmos over his right fist, and upon thrusting releasing an array of hundreds of lightning attacks.
- Lightning Bolt: A technique he taught to Leo Aiolia. Aiolos focuses his cosmos on his fist, and upon punching at faster-than-light speeds splits the air open, creating a perfect vacuum. As he unleashes his fist, a potent wave of cosmos is fired towards the opponent.
- Lightning Plasma: Another technique he taught to Leo Aiolia. Aiolos focuses a great quantity of his Cosmos around his fist, and upon punching releases a volley of over 1,000,000,000 faster-than-light lightning attacks at the opponent during the span of 1 seecond.
- Infinity Break: Saggitarius Aiolos' most powerful attack. Burning his Cosmos to its limit, Aiolos waves his hands and releases millions upon millions of Arrows of Light, which seek and destroy their targets. Upon contact, the "origin of life's flow" is disrupted, and the opponent is wiped from existence completely, both their body body and soul being completely erased. With this attack, Aiolos single-handedly eradicated the Sun God Ra's entire army.