|“||I came! I saw! Well, victory just comes naturally after that.||„|
|~ Caesar after a successful battle.|
Saber (セイバー, Seibā) is a Saber-class Servant able to be summoned by the Protagonist in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order.
Saber's True Name is Gaius Julius Caesar (ガイウス・ユリウス・カエサル, Gaiusu Yuriusu Kaesaru). One of the greatest heroes of ancient Rome, he earned his fame in the Gallic Wars and his campaign into Britannia. He was a skilled military commander. It is said that Caesar descended from the goddess Venus, Caesar was a womanizer said to have fathered offspring with Feyfolk.
Powers and Stats
Name: Saber, Gaius Julius Caesar
Origin: Fate/Grand Order
Age: 56 based on the time of death of his real-life counterpart
Classification: Saber-class Servant, Heroic Spirit, First Citizen of Rome
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Swordsman, Limited Fate Manipulation (Crocea Mors guarantees successful hits until he fails a Luck check), Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy), Limited Mind Manipulation, Resistance to Magic and any magic-based hax such as Petrification, Spatial Manipulation, and Causality Manipulation, Can enter Spirit Form, Superhuman Charisma, and can ride virtually any modern vehicle to superhuman speeds
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman
Striking Strength: Mountain Class via power-scaling
Durability: City level (Has B-Rank Endurance, putting him on par with Saber under Shirou), Immune to conventional weapons
Stamina: Virtually tireless for as long as he has sufficient mana
Range: Extended melee range with Crocea Mors
Standard Equipment: His Noble Phantasm, Crocea Mors
Intelligence: While prone to arrogance and making a show of himself, Caesar is renowned for his tactical and political brilliance, leading successful campaigns into Gaul and Brittania despite major setbacks and later converting the Roman Republic into an Empire. Despite his figure, he's shown to favor quick, hard-hitting attacks, overwhelming foes with surprisingly fast displays of swordplay that bewilder those who judge him by his appearance and is considered one of the Rome's greatest heroes as a result. However, his arrogance often proves to be undoing, as he was assassinated due to failing to notice the movements of his opponents and former allies upon becoming First Citizen and often refuses to draw and use Crocea Mors' ability just to gauge an opponent and judge if they're worthy of it or not.
Weaknesses: Caesar is rather arrogant and is often too lazy to draw Crocea Mors and use its ability in the first place, Crocea Mors' effect will fail if Caesar he leaves melee combat or if he fails a Luck check after the first, automatic hit.
|“||I came, I saw, now all that's left is to conquer! Crocea Mors!||„|
|~ Saber using his Noble Phantasm|
Crocea Mors: Yellow Death: (黃の死クロケア・モース, Kurokea Mōsu: Ki no Shi) The golden sword of Gaius Julius Caesar. When its True Name is released, Caesar is granted one automatic, clean hit. Afterwards, a Luck check will be run with each consequent attack, supplying an additional free hit with each consecutive success until he finally fails this Luck check, resulting in a "super-consecutive attack". It is also notable for its destructive power in single combat, with official statements saying that there is "no doubt it has the power to search and destroy" and certainly fulfill Caesar's decree: "I came, I saw, I conquered." However, he personally doesn't like to draw the sword in the first place if he can help it, as he still remembers the day he lost it in an opponent's shield.
- Magic Resistance (対魔力, Tai-Maryoku, localized as "Anti-Magic"): A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Caesar's C-Rank Magic Resistance nullifies all spells below two verses but will falter completely in the face of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
- Riding (騎乗, Kijō, localized as "Dragoon"): The class skill of Riders and Sabers, the ability to ride mounts. Caesar can handle most vehicles with above average skill. However, he cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.
- Military Tactics: (軍略, Gunryaku) A skill that embodies one's aptitude for taking command of troops in large scale combat situations rather than one-one fights, providing bonuses when using an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when being on the receiving end of one.
- Charisma (カリスマ, Karisuma): A skill that embodies one's natural ability to lead an army or other large groups of people. It is said that a B-Rank in this skill allows one to lead a country, making one's words far more convincing and endearing them to the masses. Caesar has a C-Rank in this skill, making it far easier for him to convince others of his arguments and raise the morale of his allies, but due to his untimely death he cannot command groups on the level of a country. When combined his Incitement skill, he can use his Charisma to make a mental attack on his opponents.
- Incitement: (扇動, Sendō) A skill that allows one to know exactly the right words to lead the citizens and masses. It serves as a mental attack when employed against a specific individual, shattering their ideals and viewpoints with his legendary oratory, allowing Caesar to have an EX Rank in this skill.
- Divinity: (神性, Shinsei) A skill that serves as a measurement of one's divine blood. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast increases. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. due to being worshipped as a god after his death and having supposedly descended from the son of Venus, Aeneas, Caesar has a D-Rank in this ability despite his lack of immediate divine parentage.