SMG-IInd (スーパーメカゴジラ - 秒) is a G-Force mecha created by Toho that first appeared in the 1999 video game, Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact. In order to combat the atomic menace known as Godzilla, the United Nations Godzilla Countermeasures Center (UNGCC) started development on a next-generation combat mecha - a "G-type high-mobility combat robot" called SMG-IInd. The aim of development was to create a machine that utilized both great mobility and offensive power. In order to achieve this, the robot required its high-speed hover drive system to be exhibited to its full potential. However, progression ended up screeching to a halt as the manned machine was unable to utilize its advanced mobility wholly, as it was found to be a hazard to occupational safety, and the reaction speed of the unit suffered as a result.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B
Name: Super Mechagodzilla Second
Origin: Godzilla (Universe)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Superhuman size, Enhanced Senses, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Absorption, is protected by the Heat-resistant Alloy NT-I coated with artificial diamond. It is equipped with a laser cutter, double maser cannons, plasma shell, plasma cannon and wire claw attack. SMG-IInd is also equipped with an anti-beam force field.
Attack Potency: At least City level (SMG-IInd is powered by a laser nuclear fusion reactor)
Lifting Strength: At least Class M+ (Weighs 150,000 metric tons)
Durability: At least City level.
Range: Hundreds of meters with Projectile Attacks.
Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence called "BH-3"
- Laser Cuter: A deadly laser attack. SMG-IInd opens its mechanical maw and fires a focused yellow laser while swiftly sweeping its head from left to right. When focused to its maximum limit, it can cut through its enemies in one shot.
- Double Maser Canon: A dual energy attack. SMG-IInd fires two blue streams of energy from the mounted Maser Ray Cannons on its shoulders. While not very powerful, this technique is typically more effective at close range.
- Plasma Shell: A projectile attack. Briefly withdrawing plasma from its nuclear fusion reactor, SMG-IInd fires up to four energy bullets consecutively, two from each hand. What this attack lacks in punch it makes up for in impressive range, as the energy bullets can travel for miles without losing momentum or power. SMG-IInd also has incredible accuracy, capable of sniping a target with this move from great distances so long as the target remains stationary.
- Plasma Canon: SMG-IInd's most powerful technique. Continually draining plasma from its nuclear fusion reactor, a destructive beam of energy is emitted from SMG-IInd's abdomen. This attack has astonishing range and size, making it very difficult to avoid at close range, and is still just as deadly from afar. However, while this move is powerful, it has a drawback: the state of SMG-IInd's reactor's core becomes unstable.
- Wire Claw Attack: A swift physical attack. SMG-IInd flips its arms backward and fires two anchors attached to wires from its elbows. With the anchors attached to its target, SMG-IInd proceeds to spin in place to its maximum speed using its high-speed hover drive system, then detaches its anchors, sending the foe flying.
- Force Field: A protective, circular green barrier. When in a pinch, SMG-IInd can create this shield instantaneously, preventing it from taking any damage from projectile attacks. Despite appearing over its face, the barrier is deceptively large, protecting SMG-IInd down to its feet and on the sides of its body. However, SMG-IInd cannot counterattack whenever the shield is deployed.