|“||Take care with this world. What is made can be unmade.||„|
Widely considered one of the most adept sorcerers on Runeterra, Ryze is an ancient, hard-bitten archmage with an impossibly heavy burden to bear. Armed with immense arcane power and a boundless constitution, he tirelessly hunts for World Runes—fragments of the raw magic that once shaped the world from nothingness. He must retrieve these glyphs before they fall into the wrong hands, for Ryze understands the horrors they could unleash on Runeterra.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C, likely 7-C, possibly higher, 6-C with the World Rune
Name: Ryze, the Rune Mage, The Archmage
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Over 1000
Classification: Magically Altered Human, Warlock, Nomad
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Energy Projection, Forcefield creation, Runic Magic, Portal Creation, Reality Warping, Teleportation, His spells absorb a small portion of the opponent's life force (Via Desperate Power)
Attack Potency: Small Town level+, likely Town level (Can fight on-par with Garen, and similarly powerful champions, As one of the most powerful mages on Runeterra he should be considerably more powerful than other mages such as Annie, Lux, and Lulu), possibly higher (The scroll on his back is said to contain an immensely powerful spell, but whether he would be willing to use it is unknown, as is the true extent of this spell's power), Island level with the World Rune (A World Rune destroyed a stretch of land that would take more than a day to travel, the equivalent of approximately 40 to 50 km, instantly, World Runes are described as being capable of reshaping the landscape of entire nations)
Lifting Strength: Athletic Human
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+, likely Town Class
Durability: Small Town level+, likely Town level, possibly higher
Range: Dozens of meters with most spells, Several kilometers with Realm Warp, Dozens of kilometers with the World Rune
Standard Equipment: Spellbook, Scroll, World Rune
Intelligence: Very high (Described as one of the most skilled mages in the world)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic), Will refuse to use the power of the World Rune unless absolutely necessary
- Basic Attack: Ryze fires a bolt of arcane magic at the opponent, dealing physical damage.
- Arcane Mastery: Ryze gains Arcane Mastery for 6 seconds every time he uses an ability, stacking up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, Ryze becomes supercharged for 2.5 seconds, gaining a shield that blocks incoming damage and causing his ability casts to reduce his other ability cooldowns. Also, Ryze's maximum mana is increased by 5% per 100 AP.
- Overload: Ryze unleashes a runic blast, dealing magic damage to the first enemy struck in a line. Arcane Mastery's supercharged effect passively gains increased duration.
- Flux: Overload deals increased damage, based on Spell Flux's rank, and spreads the damage to other nearby enemies marked with Flux. Casting Rune Prison and Spell Flux reset Overload's cooldown and generates a Rune for 4 seconds, up to 2. Casting Overload will consume Ryze's current Runes. If Ryze consumes 2 Runes, he gains a shield and bonus movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Rune Prison: Ryze traps the target enemy in a cage of magic, dealing them magic damage and rooting them for a short time.
- Flux: The root duration is increased to 2 seconds.
- Spell Flux: Ryze hurls an orb of runic energy at the target enemy, dealing magic damage and marking them with Flux for 3 seconds, causing his next basic ability against them to consume the mark and gain bonus effects. Enemies killed by any of Ryze's abilities while marked with Flux also spread Flux to nearby enemies.
- Flux: Spell Flux spreads to all nearby enemies, applying its damage and marking them with Flux.
- Realm Warp: Ryze targets a location and opens a portal around him. After a 2 second delay, all allied champions within the portal are teleported to the target location. The delay on Realm Warp is interrupted by both silencing and immobilizing effects.
- Desperate Power: For 6 seconds, Ryze gains spell vamp, bonus movement speed, and causes his abilities to deal half of their damage to all enemies around the main target for the duration. Ryze also permanently has cooldown reduction.