Ryo Akiyama is a major recurring character in the Digimon Franchise, originally depicted as a "Chosen Child" (DigiDestined in dub) in the Wonderswan series of games. After the rest of the Chosen Children were defeated and kidnapped by an unbelievably powerful and mysterious enemy, Taichi's Agumon called countless children seeking help, with Ryo being the only one to come.
At some unspecified time later, Ryo became good friends with Ken Ichijouji and the two watched Omegamon defeat and kill Diablomon afterwards, he and Ken were visited by V-Mon (yes, Daisukes V-Mon) who took the two boys into the Digital World to defeat Diablomon. V-Mon defeated the Diablomon with ease but it all turned out to be a ruse by Millenniumon to draw Ryo back into the Digital World.
After traveling the Digital World and collecting the "Digimentals" Ken and Ryo were able to enter Moon=Millenniummons "Soul World" and finally confronted the Dark God himself. The two kids were able to defeat the Wicked God but at a grave cost, with his last breath Moon=Millenniummon shot several Dark Seeds that were meant to hit Ryo but hit Ken instead, causing him to grow deathly ill. They two boys returned the Real World. One year later, Ken traveled to the Digital World after receiving a mysterious E-Mail and went to the Dark Ocean and bathed his Digivice in its waters, causing Ken to become the Digimon Kaiser.
Eventually, after two more adventures Ryo was given a choice on what Universe to travel too, Ryo being very stressed and angry at being used as a tool by the Digimon Sovereigns decided to travel to a Universe he's never been too before the Tamers verse.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-C | At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C | 2-C | Unknown. Possibly High 2-A | 10-B | At least High 4-C | At least 3-C
Name: Ryo Akiyama
Origin: Digimon Wonderswan and Tamers
Age: 11 in Anode/Cathode Tamer, around 13 in Tag Tamers through Brave Tamer, 14 in Tamers
Classification: Human, Chosen Child/Digidestined, Digimon Tamer, General
Powers and Abilities: Can purify Digimons' hearts and make them join his cause, Fire Manipulation, Life Draining, Lightning Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Flight, Several unique powers from "Variable" skills.
Attack Potency: Below Average level | At least Universe level+, likely Multi-Universe level (Defeated Universal threats such as Millenniummon, who was said to have warped and even destroyed the timeline of the Digital World) | Multi-Universe level (Far superior than The Four Holy Beast. With the aid of Ken Ichijouji, he managed to defeat the likes of Moon=Millenniummon, albeit not in a permanent victory) | Unknown. Possibly High Multiverse level+ (Defeated the Dark Clones of Taichi, Daisuke and Takato, each with three very powerful VR Digimon, all of which fought Ryo near the final battle. Battled against ZeedMillenniummon, though couldn't really injure him, instead had to forcefully Jogress with him) | Human level (A relatively strong boy) | At least Large Star level (Easily defeated Majiramon, who was implied be one of the stronger Devas. Should be comparable with Wargrowlmon, Taomon and Rapidmon. Due to orginating from the Adventure timeline, he should be at least comparable to the likes of Wendionmon) | At least Galaxy level (Fought against some of the strongest D-REAPER agents such as REAPER, should be on par with Megagargomon and Sakuyamon. Fought side-by-side Gallantmon during the battles against the Mother Eater. Should be comparable to Beelzemon). Higher with Sakuyamons gifted power (Essentially doubled his power, managed to defeat the REAPER)
Speed: Normal Human | Infinite, possibly Immeasurable (His Digimon were able to keep up with Millenniummon) | Immeasurable (His Digimon were able to keep pace with Zeedmilleniummon) | Normal Human, possibly higher (Comparable to Takato, who reacted to Beelzemons bullets, though this may be an outlier) | FTL (Should be comparable with other Perfect/Ultimate level Digimon) | FTL (Should be on par with Gallantmon)
Lifting Strength: Normal Human | Possibly Universal (Clashed with Millenniummon) | Possibly Universal | Possibly Immeasurable (Fought off VR Taichi, Takato and Daisuke) | Normal Human | At least Class K (Comparable to WarGrowlmon, who physically overpowered Vikaralamon) | At least Class K
Striking Strength: Below Average Class | Universal+ | Multi-Universal | Unknown. Possibly Multiversal+ | Human Class | At least Large Star Class | At least Galactic. Higher with Sakuyamons power
Durability: Human level | At least Universe level+, likely Multi-Universe level (Fought Milleniumon, who can create and destroy dimensions containing space-time) | Multi-Universe level (Fought Moon=Millenniummon twice, with Moon getting considerably stronger in their second confrontation) | Unknown. Possibly High Multiverse level+ (Survived a battle against ZeedMillenniummon) | Likely Street level (Managed to survive in the "kill or be killed" Digital World) | At least Large Star level (Fought against countless Digimon, including Majiramon and D-REAPER agents), possibly Multi-Continent level (Should be on par with Rapidmon) | At least Galaxy level (Should be on par with Gallantmon, managed to fight against the REAPER and other strong D-REAPER agents)
Stamina: Very High
Range: Ryo and his various Digimon are typically in the extended melee range, though in Anode/Cathode tamer his Digimon could strike across entire battlefields
Standard Equipment: Digivice, D-3 Digivice, D-POWER and various Digi-Modify cards.
Intelligence: Ryo is very smart, he's very knowledgeable about the rules and laws of the Digital World and knows a lot about the individual quirks of several Digimon. Cyberdramon is, however, a bloodlusted beast since he's the fusion of Monodramon and ZeedMillenniummon.
Weaknesses: Ryo is still a human and would make an easy target. Cyberdramon is a complete berserker. Like other characters from Tamers, Ryo needs to be nearby his Digimon for it to fight a full force. These weaknesses are no longer valid when Cyberdramon and Ryo merge into Justimon.
- Digivice Purify: Attempts to purify the hearts of evil/corrupted Digimon and converts them to his side
- Digi-Modify Goliath: Increases Cyberdramon's size and strength
- Digi-Modify Avenging Knight: Gives Cyberdramon twin lances
- Digi-Modify Bio-Merge Digivolution: Merges with Cyberdramon to digivolve into Justimon
- Pepper Breath (Baby Flame): Spits flame breath from its mouth to attack the opponent.
- Claw Attack ("Sharp Claw"): Attacks with claws.
- Spirit Fire (Spitfire): Shoots a small blast of fire from its mouth.
- Cross Fire (Cross Fight): Gathers power and then either bites foe and slashes them with claws.
- Battle Hawk
- Triple Bird Flame (Triple Baby Flame): Performs "Pepper Breath" alongside two other Agumon, fusing the three flames into a gigantic fireball.
- Vee Punch (Bunbun Punch, lit. "Buzzing Punch"): Swings both of its arms in circles, striking the opponent.
- Vee Headbutt (V-mon Head): Knocks down the opponent with an intense headbutt.
- Hopping Kick
- V-mon Cluster Head
- Long Sword
- Cracking Bite (Crack Bite): Bites the opponent, fragmenting their data and collapsing them into malfunction based on where they were bitten.
- Beat Knuckle: Assaults with earth-shattering force and wallops the opponent with its powerful claws.
- Desolation Claw (Erase Claw): Produces a super-oscillatory wave from both of its arms that destroys configuration data, completely erasing each of the opponents in the surrounding space without leaving behind a single scrap of data.
- Cyber Nail
- Trinity Arm: Transforms its right arm into the "Accel Arm", "Blitz Arm", or "Critical Arm".
- Thunderclap (Accel Arm): Slams the Accel Arm to the ground, generating shockwaves.
- Justice Burst (Blitz Arm): Fires orbs of lightning from the Blitz Arm.
- Voltage Blade (Critical Arm): Slashes at the opponent with the Critical Arm.
- Justice Kick: Delivers a kick with the force of 45 tons.
Key: Ryo (Wonderswan) Base | Anode/Cathode Tamer | Tag Tamers, D1 Tamers | Brave Tamer | Ryo (Tamers) Base | Cyberdramon | Justimon
Note: This page assumes that everything in Ryo's various journeys are canonical
Note 2: Due to Ryo's huge amount of Digimon, this page only covers his main "Partner" Digimon throughout the series