|“||My true name is Joan of Arc. In the name of my Lord, I shall stand as your shield! Though this entire planet has become the battlefield of the Holy Grail War, though the world has been brought to ruin, though countless formidable foes block your path, the end has still yet to be determined by anyone. Now, let us begin our fight, Master.||„|
|~ Ruler to her Master in Fate/Grand Order|
Ruler (ルーラー, Rūrā), the Standard-Bearer who Correctly Guides the Holy Grail War (聖杯戦争を正しく導く旗手, Seihai Sensō wo Tadashiku Michibiku Kishu), and the Ruler-class Servant in the Great Holy Grail War of Fate/Apocrypha. She is a special class of Heroic Spirit summoned to serve as the Arbitrator in the Holy Grail War between Yggmillenium and the Mage Association due to its unique circumstances.
Ruler's True Name is Jeanne d'Arc (ジャンヌ・ダルク, Jan'nu Daruku), also known as Joan of Arc, the Saint of Orleans. A Catholic saint born in Domrémy, France, and the heroine of France who liberated Orléans in the Hundred Years' War. She is also noted to have more than a passing resemblance to a certain British king.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A, Unknown with La Pucelle
Name: Ruler, Jeanne D'Arc, The Saint of Orleans
Age: 19 at the time of her death, likely the same as the girl she possessed
Classification: Ruler Class-Servant, Arbiter of the Great Holy Grail War, Heroic Spirit, Saint
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Swordswoman, Virtually Invulnerable against Projectile Magics due to her Magic Resistance she is unaffected by things such as Mind Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Petrification, Limited Precognition through Revelation, Minor Mind Manipulation through Charisma, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Stat Amping via Command Seals, Intangibility and Invisibility in Spirit Form (Lost when possessing Laeticia). Forcefield Creation via Luminosite Eternelle, Fire Manipulation with La Pucelle, Can exorcise spirits and spiritual beings on the conceptual level with the Baptism Rite, Conceptual Manipulation and Fire Manipulation with La Pucelle (Destroys anything of her choosing at the conceptual level with incalculable offensive power), Can discern the true name and abilities of anyone she sees.
Attack Potency: Mountain level (The Ruler position requires sufficient combat power to be able to fight most Servants, could render Jack the Ripper unable to continue fighting with a single strike. Blocked attacks from Spartacus), Unknown with La Pucelle (La Pucelle is an EX Rank Noble Phantasm and a Conceptual Attack that can "annihilate anything in existence" with "pure destructive power that cannot be calculated")
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Mountain Class
Durability: Mountain level, At least Island level via Luminosite Eternelle (tanked Spartacus's self-destruction that annihilated half of the Yggmillenium fortress as well as the surrounding countryside), far higher against projectile magic (Tanked numerous EX rank magic blasts from Hanging Gardens Enhanced Semiramis)
Stamina: High with a spiritual body. At least superhuman when possessing Laeticia. Is able to fight for long periods of time against other Servants but is limited due to the unusual nature of her summoning, forcing her to eat, sleep, drink, and breathe.
Range: Extended melee range with weaponry, Barrier can extend to several meters around her
Standard Equipment: La Pucelle, the sword that embodies her burning at the stake, and her Battle Standard, Command Seals
Intelligence: Ruler is an accomplished commander who led many battles to victory against the superior British forces and an expert swordswoman and spear wielder, allowing her to match other Servants with nothing but the tip of her signature battle standard. She is However, she never learned to read or write and what she knows about the modern world is limited by the knowledge possessed by Laeticia. She is also terrible at mathematics.
Weaknesses: Somewhat naive and trusting at times, her Magic Resistance only applies to herself and thus any allies will still be affected by wide-range attacks and it fails against illusionary Noble Phantasms as well as the sacraments of the Church. Due to her abnormal summoning she does not have a spiritual body and thus can't enter spirit form like other Servants and most of her abilities gained as a Ruler does not function properly. She must eat, sleep, drink, and breathe when possessing Laeticia. Luminosite Eternelle is limited in its capacity to absorb damage since the damage accumulates within the flag, causing it to begin to tear as she uses it and she must stand her ground unmoving to use it. The full activation of La Pucelle will end her life after its completion.
|“||Here is the work of our Lord! My flag, defend our brethren! Luminosite Eternelle!||„|
|~ Ruler using her Noble Phantasm|
- Luminosite Eternelle: God is Here With Me: is the battle standard of Joan of Arc and her primary Noble Phantasm, the holy battle flag that she kept by her side all her life. It is her main weapon, kept in place of a sword on the battlefield, but is still potent enough to easily destroy Dragon Tooth Warriors, block strikes from enemy Servants, and pierce through obstacles with its tip. She activate its effect as a Noble Phantasm by planting it into the ground, converting her EX-rank Magic Resistance into protection against all harm both physical and spiritual. It is potent enough to shield Ruler, Sieg, and Astolfo from even the powerful final strike of Berserker of Red's Noble Phantasm, Crying Warmonger, that devastated the land and destroyed half of Yggdmillennia's fortress without any harm coming to them. It was even able to nullify the vast majority of Jack the Ripper's Noble Phantasm, only suffering minor injuries and discomfort from the otherwise instantly fatal attack. However, it has its limits, as it would have proved useless against Karna's Anti-Country Noble Phantasm Brahmastra Kundala. In addition, the damage Ruler would have taken from the attack is gradually accrued in the flag, causing it to tear and wither away with continual damage.
- La Pucelle: The Crimson Holy Virgin: Ruler's holy sword that she never once swung in her lifetime. Normally it is a C-Rank Noble Phantasm without any defining traits aside from its durability, but upon activation it becomes an offensive subset of a Reality Marble, the materialization of her burning at the stake and becoming one with God. Upon activation, it becomes a Conceptual Weapon that annihilates anything of her choosing with its unimaginable offensive power without harming anything she does not target.
- Magic Resistance: An ability that provides protection against magecraft, nullifying the effects oncoming magical attacks outright rather than simply resisting them. Ruler's unwavering piety has granted her EX-Rank Magic Resistance, allowing her to withstand spells from the Age of Gods that could annihilate the bodies of Servants and entire cities completely unscathed. However, Ruler's version of Magic Resistance only diverts magic rather than eliminating the spell itself. As such, in the face of a wide-scale magical bombardment, only Ruler will survive. In addition, due to its ties to the Christian God, the Church's Sacraments will bypass Ruler's Magic Resistance, and powerful illusionary Noble Phantasms like Shakespeare's First Folio will still be effective against her.
- True Name Discernment: The privilege granted to Ruler as the administrator of the Great Holy Grail War, it allows her to instantly discern the identities of Servants and others before her for as long as they are sufficiently well-known and powerful enough to enter the Throne of Heroes. As such, she learns their True Name, their abilities, personality, and skills, as well as their position at any given time. However, this ability fails against those who have been recorded in history as "nameless", such as Archer and will require a luck check against those with concealment abilities.
- God's Resolution: The other Class Skill of the Ruler class, granting her two Command Spells to issue commands to each Servant participating in the current Grail War. These commands can be used to forcibly order a Servant to perform a specific action, but sufficient Magic Resistance and strength can allow one to resist its effects to an extent. Alternatively, a Command Spell can be used to strengthen a Servant if they and Ruler are in agreement on their next objective. These Command Spells will also fail if the Servant becomes something that is sufficiently different from their original summoning, such as Vlad III's transformation into the Nameless Vampire after being forcibly merged with Darnic's soul.
- Revelation: is a Skill similar to Instinct, a sixth sense regarding battles that shows the outcomes of particular actions Ruler might take. However, "Revelation" also encompasses all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling).
- Charisma: The ability to command others and lead them into battle, boosting their morale and combat performance in the process. Due to the famous images of Joan of Arc leading the French forces into the battlefield with battle standard in hand, Ruler possesses a C Rank in this skill, allowing her to easily convince others of the contents of her Revelations without physical evidence.
- Saint: A skill that indicates a Servant's status as a Christian saint. When summoned as a Servant, Ruler is able to use her status for a variety of effects, such as "raising the effectiveness of sacraments", "automatic HP recovery", "1 Rank-Up to Charisma" and the production of a Holy Shroud.