|“||Repeat this after me, I'll never take on a god again!||„|
|~ Rugal Bernstein|
Rugal Bernstein (ルガール・バーンシュタイン, Rugāru Bānshutain) is a recurring boss in SNK Playmore's The King of Fighters fighting game series and is often considered one of the most difficult bosses in the entire series. On their anniversary website, SNK has stated that Rugal was originally based on the concept of the "mightiest and most evil boss character ever".
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-B | At least 7-A
Name: Rugal Bernstein, Omega Rugal, God Rugal
Origin: King of Fighters
Classification: Human Martial Artist, Arms Dealer
Speed: Massively Hypersonic | Massively Hypersonic
Lifting Strength: Unknown | Unknown
Striking Strength: City Class | At least Mountain Class
Durability: City level | At least Mountain level
Stamina: High; survived the explosion of his ship | Lower; extended use of this form proves to be fatal
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with projectiles.
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Very skilled combatant and capable of copying moves
Weaknesses: Rugal Bernstein is highly overconfident | Using the Orochi power can consume him
- Kaiser Wave: Rugal can fire projectiles of energy from his hands.
- Genocide Cutter: Rugal can create a cutting aura around his legs.
- Gigantic Pressure: Rugal can slam a foe out of pure hatred, producing a pillar of dim light with a large skull inside, this attribute sometimes manifests itself in a burst of deep crimson as well.
- Gravity Smash: Channeling gravitational power, Rugal can create a ball of electricity around his body and then fires it.
- Dark Barrier: Rugal can create a barrier that reflects projectiles.
- Energy Punch: Rugal can charge up dark energy into himself and rush forward with a powerful punch imbued with said energy.
- Slashing hands: Rugal's hands can cut and pierce an enemy.
- Super Speed: Rugal can run and strike at incredible speeds.
- Orochi Power Surge: By piercing his enemy with his Slashing Hands power, he can let loose his Orochi power within them, poisoning them from the inside.
- Orochi Energy: Rugal can inject his opponents with Orochi energy which explodes soon after.
- Gather energy: Rugal can channel energy from Gaia and other sources, including Orochi's power.
Key: Base | Omega Rugal
Note: His Omega form is a subset of Orochi power, granted to him by Goenitz after being defeated by him and losing his eye.