|“||Isn't it remarkable, Steven? This world is full of so many possibilities. Each living thing has an entirely unique experience. The sights they see, the sounds they hear. The lives they live are so complicated...and so simple. I can't wait for you to join them. Steven, we can't both exist. I'm going to become half of you. And I need you to know that every moment you love being yourself, that's me, loving you and loving being you. Because you're going to be something extraordinary. You're going to be a human being.||„|
|~ Rose Quartz in a video diary|
Rose Quartz was the founder and former leader of the Crystal Gems. Enthralled by the beauty of Earth, Rose led her friends and allies in a rebellion against the Gem Homeworld around 5,500 years before the events of the series, successfully driving the invading Homeworld Gems off the planet and saving the life inhabiting it. Rose eventually got into a romantic relationship with a human, Greg Universe, before giving up her physical form to give birth to their son, Steven, who inherited her gemstone.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 6-C
Name: Rose Quartz
Origin: Steven Universe
Gender: Genderless (Though appears as and commonly referred to as female)
Age: Over 6000 years old
Classification: Gem, Founder and Former leader of the Crystal Gems, Mother of Steven
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Low-High), Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Shapeshifting, Size Manipulation, Body Control, Biological Manipulation, Can fuse with other gems to become more powerful, Can contain gems in bubbles of energy, Automatic-adjustment to different strengths of gravity, Does not need oxygen to survive, Skilled Swordswoman and Shield Wielder, Bubble Shields, Healing Tears, Plant Manipulation, Levitation, Resurrection
Speed: Relativistic+ in Combat Speed, Reactions, and Short Burst Speed (At least comparable to Garnet, blitzed a fused ruby fusion)
Lifting Strength: Class 50
Durability: At least Large Island level (Should be at least comparable to Garnet), at least Moon level with her shield and bubbles (Her son, Steven, after not even completely mastering the shield was capable of protecting himself and his friends from the force of a double Mach water free-fall, that used all the world's water as a source of its immense power. Rose beyond a reasonable doubt should have mastered her shield's abilities)
Stamina: Limitless so long as her gem isn't damaged or destroyed
Range: Extended melee range with sword
Intelligence: Incredibly High (Rose Quartz is a tactical genius, regarded as the most intelligent of the Crystal Gems, led her small rebel force to victory over the Homeworld forces despite being heavily outnumbered and outgunned to the point that the combined forces of three Diamonds were forced to flee)
Weaknesses: Sufficient damage to her physical form can revert her back to her vulnerable gem form, which can be broken and destroyed
- Healing: Rose manifests her ability to heal through her tears. Her tears could heal broken Gems/gemstones, and heal other creatures of general injuries.
- Resurrection: Rose's healing abilities can also resurrect living beings that have died. In doing so, the being develops a pink hue and has the power to create a pocket dimension if the said being has hair. The pocket dimension portals can connect with other beings that have been resurrected by her or Steven.
- Phytokinesis: Rose had the ability to grow sentient flora that acted as her guardians.
- Shield Proficiency: Rose had the ability to summon her shield to protect loved ones.
- Levitation: In "Steven Floats", it is revealed that Rose was able to control the speed of her ascent and descent.