|“||The spider hides all manner of rituals, certain to reveal nothing, for true enlightenment need not be shared.||„|
Rom, the Vacuous Spider controls the barrier that prevents normal Yharnamites from seeing the true horrors around them, such as the Lesser Amygdalas crawling around the Cathedral Ward. Rom was once a scholar of Byrgenwerth whom at some point went through metamorphosis into Kin courtesy of Kos, according to dialogue given by Micolash.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 4-C
Name: Rom, the Vacuous Spider, the Byrgenwerth Spider
Classification: Great One, Kin
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Energy Projection, Ice Manipulation, Immortality (Type 1), Summoning (Specifically of meteors and her children), Teleportation, Illusion Creation, Reality Warping (Per being a Great One), Curse Manipulation (Curses in Bloodborne are the result of inciting the anger of Great Ones), Invisibility (Great Ones and Kin are completely invisible to those lacking Insight, or knowledge of their existence)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Star Class
Durability: Large Star level (Capable of surviving attacks from the Hunter, a character capable of deflecting "A Call Beyond")
Range: Several meters with physical attacks, Several dozen meters with ranged attacks
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Unknown (Her title suggests she's mindless, but her presence in the plot is the entire reason the School of Mensis and Oedon are having trouble with their specific aims, Great Ones are described as being on a higher plane of thought than humans)
Weaknesses: Somewhat weak to magic, fire, and electricity
- Arcane Sky Barrage: Rom stands up and casts a spell causing a multitude of ice crystals to fall towards the general location of the opponent.
- Arcane Ground Barrage: Rom rolls over and curls up in a ball, causing bigger ice crystals to rise out of the water around her, which are indicated by glowing blue spots on the surface.
- Arcane Blast: Rom bends her head back and tail forward to charge up a short range blast that covers a wide area.
- Flail: Rom will flail erratically when the opponent is too close in melee range.
- Frenzy: Like all Great Ones, Rom can cause madness to those who look at it.