Rito Yuuki is the main male protagonist of To Love-Ru series, and its sequel, To Love-Ru Darkness. He is a normal 16-year-old student of Sainan High, who has a big crush on Haruna Sairenji, to whom he attempted numerous times to confess to but has met failure each time. It was only by accident that he encountered Lala Satalin Deviluke, an alien princess he accidentally became engaged to. Rito used to be on the soccer team in junior high and was quite good, but quit because he was constantly helping his father with his manga duties, thus did not want to leave his little sister Mikan Yuuki alone in the house. Mikan comments he is very good at the most "useless little things", like crane and festival games (e.g. hoops, catching fish, squirt guns). Along with the numerous useless little things Rito is good at, he is also an accomplished florist, gardener and horticulturist.
Rito's nature is an extremely loving one, yet also somewhat clumsy, where he always ends up molesting or groping the many girls in the series (unintentionally, of course). He is generally very kind, thoughtful and has a lot of respect for women, though mostly by intention, and not so much by success. Due to his shyness around girls, he is very clumsy around women and has great difficulty maintaining his composure around any sort of stimulating situation. Even without interference from Lala's inventions, Oshizu's psychic powers, or Celine jumping into his face, Rito is individually clumsy enough to trip over absolutely nothing, and possesses an extraordinary skill in accidentally reaching his hands or face into the breasts or other private parts of any girl within reach when he is falling. He is constantly viewed as a "pervert" but unknowingly, his kindness is what wins him the affections of most of the female characters in the series.
Over time he also comes to love Lala and knowing his feelings for Haruna, she suggests for him to be with both of them, because due to being engaged to her, he is next in line for the throne of Deviluke, which would make polygamy legal for him. In To Love-Ru Darkness, Lala's little sister Momo also falls in love with Rito and expands Lala's initial idea into her harem plan, where she and all the other girls who love Rito can be with him.
As of Chapter 61 of Darkness, Rito became Nemesis' Trans-Fusion host after he offered her his body as a temporary home until she recovered enough power to retain a physical form.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Likely 10-B, possibly 10-A
Name: Rito Yuuki/Riko Yuusaki (female alter-ego)
Origin: To Love-Ru
Attack Potency: Likely Human level, possibly Athlete level
Lifting Strength: Average Human
Striking Strength: Human Class
Durability: Large Building level (Survived a clash between Lala and Yami, and multiple attacks from the two)
Stamina: Above average
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: None
Weaknesses: Normal Human Weaknesses, Accidental Pervert
As a human boy of the most ordinary kind, Rito has no superhuman abilities of any kind. Among some of his minor talents are gardening, sports, and manga illustration, the latter skill he uses to assist his mangaka father. It was mentioned that he was also good at soccer. As his sister described, he's only good at basically useless things, such as sports, festival games, and video games. Oddly for an average human, Rito apparently has a few skills that no normal human boy would have. His most significant physical skills however, are often seen in comedic and perverted effect.
- Weaponized Body: Comically, Rito can be used as a very effective weapon for Haruna when she panics in fear and blindly attacks whatever scares her by either swinging him around and/or throwing him.
- Durability: As far as physical skills go, Rito has good resilience to physical attacks; a very useful characteristic for a boy regularly harassed by troublesome characters around him.
- Speed: Haruna has mentioned that he is a very fast runner, as he was able to outrun four people ahead of him and win the sports festival race for his class. The extent of his speed is further seen when dodging incoming attacks, as noted by Yami in episode 11.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Even though he gets punched and hit continuously, he is seen to be able to dodge life-threatening attacks, such as Zastin's sword attacks and Yami's bladed transformations, even when she was still serious about killing him. This is referred to later on when Rito is seen narrowly dodging multiple sword slashes by Rin Kujouwhen she is possessed by the demonic sword Bladix; Yami notes that due to avoiding her own attacks at him over the year, Rito's ability to dodge deadly attacks has increased to the point which an Earthling shouldn't be able to avoid, showing that he has also gained great reflexes. Oddly, despite this skill, he is still clumsy on a regular basis.
- Immunity to Seduction: Alongside Gid Lucione Deviluke, Rito has proven to be completely immune to the power of the Charmians, which supposedly can make all individuals of the opposite gender, regardless of species, lose their minds and lust over them, although, when Sephie had asked him why he wasn't affected by her charm power, Rito states that "he hasn't lost his senses yet", meaning that he could may not as well be immune completely but is rather capable of resisting it and controlling himself quite fine for a long period of time.
- Woman Pleaser: Despite being a generally innocent boy without perverted intentions, Rito appears to have sexual talents which he himself is not "entirely" aware of. Nemesis complimented his "technique" on pleasuring women when she ordered him to massage her shoulders. Momo believes the same thing about him when he fondles her in his sleep, which she greatly enjoys, and has made it a goal of hers to bring out his "inner harem king". Other times, whenever Rito trips and falls into a girl, some of the ways he manages to accidentally touch them seem to overtake them with an overwhelming sense of aroused euphoria before they notice what's just happened.
- Accidental Pervert: Rito's most remarkable and infamous "skill" is his ability to "accidentally" grope any girl within his reach almost every time he falls. Rito is often a victim to streams of otherworldly mischief and chaos around him, such as Lala's inventions, Oshizu's psychic powers, or Celine's pollens. But even without such interferences throwing him around, Rito is already often clumsy enough around women to trip over minor obstacles or absolutely nothing, and when he does, he rarely fails to accidentally reach his hands or face into the breasts or other private parts of any girl in close proximity to him. In To LOVE-Ru Darkness, his clumsiness becomes even more frequent and violating as well as strangely inventive and surreal. He has shown to be able to accomplish difficult feats, such as reaching his hands or various objects into the clothing and undergarments of girls or partially strip off their clothing, and grab several private parts of several girls all at once, all of which purely by accident. His clumsiness is even able to "defeat" stronger opponents, such as when he caught Nemesis off guard and landed himself in her privates, and when he predictably tripped and "defeated" Rin's attempt to dodge him and managed to pull her underwear. While his unique clumsiness is not exactly a true skill which he would ever be proud of, it's nonetheless become one of his trademark characteristics, the frequency and coincidence of which are nothing less than extraordinary.
Godly Indecency: Rito is often a victim to streams of otherworldly mischief and chaos around him, such as Lala's inventions, Oshizu's psychic powers, or Celine's pollens. But even without such interferences throwing him around, Rito is already often clumsy enough around women to trip over minor obstacles or absolutely nothing, and when he does, he never fails to accidentally reach his hands or face into the breasts or other private parts of any girl in close proximity to him.
In To LOVE-Ru Darkness, his clumsiness becomes even more frequent and violating as well as strangely inventive and surreal, allowing him to molest and violate in ways nobody thought possible by accident. While his unique clumsiness is not exactly a true skill which he would ever be proud of, it's nonetheless become one of his trademark characteristics, the frequency and coincidence of which are nothing less than extraordinary.
Doctor Mikado suspects that Rito's strange and godly "acts of god" manifested because of the way Rito's overly sincere nature restrained himself with the girls without knowing how to cope with the increasing amount of stimulation, causing his "libido" to accumulate frustration and release in the form of accidentally groping girls' bodies and all other perverted accidents that happened so far. This appears to explain how his accidents appear to almost selectively "aim" at the private parts of girls and women.
The more he suppressed himself, the more extreme and unbelievable his next "accidents" would become. His libido can act freely when Rito's own consciousness weakens, and the most prominent example is how he becomes frisky during his sleep, molesting Lala and Momo in the process.
Doctor Mikado called his act Cataplectic Indecency Syndrome, not a disease, but something else entirely. Currently, according to her, it is incurable nor can it be treated, but instead, she suggests that it could be a "talent" and encourages him to put it to good use.