|“||Their bodies may return to ash, but their spirits still hear my call! These men are my legendary heroes – my loyal followers! They’re my true friends - breaking the rules of space and time to fight once more at my side. They are my greatest treasure, my path of kingship! They make up Iskandar's mightiest Noble Phantasm – Ionioi Hetairoi!||„|
|~ Rider using his trump card|
Rider (ライダー, Raidā) is the Rider-class Servant of Waver Velvet in the Fourth Holy Grail War of Fate/Zero.
Rider's True Name is Alexander the Great (アレキサンダー大王, Arekisandā-daiō), the King of Conquerors (征服王, Seifuku-Ō), summoned as the adult aspect known by the name Iskandar (イスカンダル, Isukandaru) rather than the youthful aspect known as Alexander (アレキサンダ, Arekisanda). Known by many names, Alexander, Iskandar, and Alexandros, he was the young prince of the small kingdom of Macedonia in the 4th Century BC, said to have been the son of Zeus in many stories despite absence of clear evidence.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B with physical strikes, likely 7-A with Gordius Wheel, higher with Via Expungnatio
Name: Rider, Iskandar, Alexander the Great
Age: 32 years old at the time of the death of his real-life counterpart
Classification: Heroic Spirit/Servant
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight (via Gordius Wheel), Magic Resistance (Rank D), Summoning, Skilled Swordsman and Chariot Rider, His bulls can call forth lightning, Can turn into spirit form, Can create a Reality Marble that overwrites reality to allow his soldiers to appear on the battlefield, Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their magical energy)
Attack Potency: At least City level with physical strikes (has the same Strength ranking as Saber, who traded blows with Berserker), likely Mountain level with Gordius Wheel(Almost knocked out Berserker in one charge), higher with Via Expungnatio(Much more powerful than his regular charge and as an A+ rank Anti Army Noble Phantasm it should be comparable to Excalibur Galatine)
Speed: At least Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions, higher with Via Expungatio(Crossed a distance of 100 meters in an instant and could almost match Excaliburs activation speed)
Lifting Strength: Likely Class 25+ (Considered equal in strength to Saber)
Striking Strength: At least City Class (The pressure of his attacks alone can rend steel, should be comparable to Saber)
Stamina: Tireless as long as he has mana
Range: Extended melee range; hundreds of meters with Gordius Wheel
Standard Equipment: Gordius Wheel, Sword of the Kupriotes
Intelligence: As the famed King of Conquerors, Rider is an extremely accomplished military commander, having conquered most of Europe and East Asia during his reign and engraving his name in history with his campaigns. An able and charismatic leader, his ability to gather followers forms the basis for his ultimate Noble Phantasm and greatest trump card. He is also a capable fighter on his own, leading his army into battle and cleaving foes in half with his sword and nearly managing to hit Gilgamesh after Ionioi Hetaroi was dispelled. True to his class, Rider is particularly skilled at mounted combat, handling his Divine Bulls and managing to dodge Enuma Elish when it was aimed at the Reality Marble and his army rather than himself.
Weaknesses: Rider abhors cheap tricks and prefers to face his foe head-on, his actual martial prowess is not as pronounced as other Servants due to being a king first and a warrior second, is fully willing to disclose his identity and is somewhat hot-blooded and fool-hardy at times.
- Gordius Wheel: Wheel of Heaven's Authority (ゴルディアス・ホイール: 神威の車輪, Gorudiasu Hoīru: Shin'i no Sharin): A large antique war chariot with two prows that is led by two Divine Bulls with rippling muscles. Its dimensions are greater than that of an average truck and it has two large, curved sickles on its sides used to demolish surrounding obstacles and hurl the debris at enemies. The bulls and the chariot tread atop lightning strikes, manifestations of Zeus, allowing it to also move through the air just as easily as it travels atop the ground. They create thunderous sounds and webs of lightning with each "stomp" as they travel, and each lightning strike generates the amount of magical energy Saber or Lancer would use in an attack that utilized every ounce of their strength.
- Via Expugnatio: Distant Trampling Domination (ヴィア・エクスプグナティオ: 遥かなる蹂躙制覇, Via Ekusupugunatio: Harukanaru Jūrin Seiha): It is a powerful trampling attack performed using Gordius Wheel. The damage is decided by two factors, damage from the eight strikes from the hooves of the bulls and the damage from being struck by the wheels of the chariot, with both physical damage and the effects of the lightning strikes taking effect with each attack roll. If the target is not strong enough and fails a strength check, additional damage will also be dealt. The power emitted is significantly greater than its normal charge after Rider calls out its true name. Its speed is also very significant, reducing a distance of one hundred meters to zero the instant after its activation, almost matching the speed with which Excalibur is activated.
- Ionioi Hetairoi: Army of the King (アイオニオン・ヘタイロイ: 王の軍勢, Aionion Hetairoi: Ō no Gunzei): A Reality Marble that embodies Alexander the Great's dreams and philosophies as a king and the bond formed with his subjects, his life sublimated as a Noble Phantasm. Like how Saber's Excalibur can be called the physical actualization of her ideals as a king, Ionioi Hetairoi is the actualization of Alexander's commanding abilities and his kingship. It is an irregular Reality Marble compared to those used by others. Normally only a magus or something beyond normal reality like Demons are capable of materializing the environment inside their minds, and as Alexander is neither, reproducing it alone is impossible for him. It comes about through the combined efforts of his personal guard, who all shared his dreams and pledged allegiance to him after many victories and defeats, even after death and becoming Heroic Spirits on their own as well. They and their king recreate the land in which they once marched and shared many joys and sorrows, as it is imprinted upon the heart of each soldier, allowing them to bring about a sand-filled expanse roaring with hot and dry desert winds under the scorching sun and cloudless, clear skies without anything to obscure the everlasting horizon.
They are all Master-less Servants, but they each have the rank E- equivalent of the "Independent Action" skill, meaning that they cannot leave the Reality Marble under normal circumstances and can only remain materialized for "thirty turns." They lack Skills and Class designations due to being summoned through Rider's ability, making it unnecessary to assign them anything based on the rules of the Holy Grail War, and, due to the limit of Rider's abilities, their Noble Phantasms cannot be materialized. There are also some Heroic Spirits that are stronger than the summoner himself, as while his deeds were great, it is not a testament of his personal martial prowess. The army numbers in the tens of thousands, allowing them to easily overwhelm the less than one hundred Assassins without the bulk of them having to act.
The generated land is Alexander's preferred battlefield due to the wide plains allowing him to best display his numerical superiority and his preference of facing enemies directly. He generally leads the army at the front of the vanguard while atop Bucephalus, but he can also freely use Via Expugnatio within the confines of the Reality Marble if he wishes.
It is within the boundaries of ordinary space to summon a single soldier into the normal world without them being crushed by its corrective impulses. This allows Rider to summon Bucephalus without needing to deploy the Reality Marble, and if he needs to communicate with the outside after it has been deployed, he can send a single soldier, such as Mithrenes, outside of it briefly to receive and relay messages. It takes a great deal of energy to maintain it, and like most Reality Marbles, it can only be utilized for a few minutes at a time. Both the activation cost and the summoning of the Servants are taxing, but he claims that it wouldn't cost as much if most of the army isn't brought out. Due to Waver Velvet being unable to provide enough mana for its maintenance, he has to rely on his own reserves. Using it two nights in a row brings him to the point where he is forced to take spiritual form to conserve as much energy as possible, and even after receiving boosts in energy from three Command Spells, he still can only use it one more time. Once activated, it is maintained by the collective magical energy of the entire army, which means that it will not remain stable if a large portion of the army is destroyed in a single attack.
- Magic Resistance (対魔力, Tai-Maryoku, localized as "Anti-Magic"): Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Rider's D-Rank proficiency in this skill only cancels spells with only a single verse, making it marginally useful at best.
- Riding (騎乗, Kijō, localized as "Dragoon"): The ability to ride mounts. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank, and A-rank can allow for Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts to be mounted. Rider's A+ rank in this skill allows him to control the bulls, powerful Phantasmal Beasts described as "Children of Zeus", that drive his chariot.
- Charisma (カリスマ, Karisuma): The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, and an ability inherent to Servants of the Saver class. It is said that a rank of B in this skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its King. With a rank of A, Rider can be said to have reached the greatest level of popularity as a human being, allowing him to easily lead entire armies and empires and boosting the effectiveness of his army while using Ionioi Hetaroi.
- Divinity (神性, Shinsei): The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. Rider's rank in this skill is C due to being a self-proclaimed son of Zeus.
- Military Tactics (軍略, Gunryaku): The tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Rider has an A-rank in this skill as a result of his vast military conquests during life, furthering increasing Ionioi Hetaroi's effectiveness.