Reyn (Japanese: ライン, Rain, Rein; English dub: /ˈraɪn/) is one of the seven playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles and one of Shulk's childhood friends. He is the second character introduced into the game after Shulk. Although he is a member of Colony 9's Defence Force, he can often be seen at Shulk and Fiora's side. Reyn is the stereotypical fun-loving boisterous joker of the group. He uses an oversize shield-gunlance, which can switch from shield mode into gun or lance mode. Riki implies that he snores but it is unknown if that is true or not. Reyn is always rolling his right arm in anticipation for action.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 8-C | 5-C
Attack Potency: Large Building level (Can fight off and destroy mid-level Mechon, who can take artillery fire head on and survive, killed monsters that are around this size) | Moon level (Managed to damage Dickson)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Building Class (Can tear apart mid-level Mechon) | Moon Class (Parried attacks from Dickson)
Durability: Large Building level (Can take beatings from Faced Mechons and survive) | Moon level (Can tank hits from Dickson)
Range: Extended melee range
Standard Equipment: His Driver (A combination of Lance and Shield).
Weaknesses: Low agility compared to other party members despite his high defence.
- Mad Taunt: Temporarily increases a single enemy's aggro (the focus of the enemy) towards Reyn.
- Hammer Beat: Hits the enemies like a hammer, damaging enemies in a circle around the target and increases their aggro.
- Wild Down: Attacks and topples the enemy.
- Guard Shift: Enters a stance where he will block all Physical Attacks.
- War Swing: Spins around and damages the enemies.
- Sword Dive: Impales the opponent knocking it back.
- Berserker: Buffs his attacks, but lowers his defense.
- Shield Bash: Hits his opponent with his shield, dazing it when toppled.
- Engage: Taunts the enemy.
- Last Stand: Boosts the Party's Gauge.
- Rage: Boosts his defense but lowers his attack.
- Magnum Charge: Boosts the next talent art's damage.
- Bone Upper: Uppercuts the opponent.
- Dive Sobat: Kicks the opponent causing paralysis and lowers its agility when used after Bone Upper.
- Aura Burst: Reduces the enemy's strength.
- Lariat: Damages the opponent in a cone formation.
Key: Mid Game | End of Game