|“||Rayquaza lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth's ozone layer, never descending to the ground. This Pokémon appears to feed on water and particles in the atmosphere.||„|
|~ Pokédex, Pokémon Ruby|
Rayquaza (Japanese: レックウザ Rayquaza) is a dual-type Dragon/Flying Legendary Pokémon. Along with Kyogre and Groudon, Rayquaza is a part of the weather trio, serving as its trio master who soothes the conflict between Kyogre and Groudon.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 5-B | 5-B
Origin: Pokémon (Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, their remake Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
Age: Hundreds of millions of years
Classification: Legendary Pokémon, Sky High Pokémon, Super-Ancient Pokémon, Pokémon, Dragon Lord
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Weather Manipulation (Negates any weather condition in its presence), Air Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Immunity to Earth Manipulation attacks, Resistance to Water, Grass, Fire, Bug, and Fighting attacks, Statistics Amplification, Independent Mega Evolution (It does not need a Mega Stone at all, only needing to know Dragon Ascent), Ice Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Healing, Possibility for Status Effect Inducement, Statistics Reduction | Same as base, but with additional abilities to create high-power wind in its presence, to dampen its weakness to Ice-based attacks and to remove its weakness to Rock-based attacks, Resistance to Electricity-based attacks.
Attack Potency: Planet level (Overwhelmed both Groudon and Kyogre 1,000 years ago) | Planet level (On top of the aforementioned feat, destroyed Grand Meteor Delta, which would completely obliterate the planet)
Speed: At least Sub-Relativistic, likely higher (Was superior to both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre 1000 years ago) | At least Sub-Relativistic, likely higher (Is also vastly superior to its previous self)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Planet Class | Planet Class
Durability: Planet level | Planet level
Stamina: Extremely high (Rayquaza has lived for hundreds of millions of years in the ozone layer and remained very powerful throughout those times, even directly fighting against Groudon and Kyogre)
Range: Extended melee range. Planetary with certain moves of various types.
Standard Equipment: Dragon Scale (A tough inflexible scale), Life Orb (Boosts Rayquaza's overall power by 30% in exchange for 10% of its total health for each successful hit), Dragon Fang (Boost the power of Dragon-type moves by 20%)
Intelligence: High, as it knows when balance is endangered, it can communicate with both Groudon and Kyogre, and is attentive to its surroundings of humans and other Pokémon.
Weaknesses: Supposedly Rock, Dragon, Fairy, and especially Ice Type moves. Although it's uncertain how effective they truly are, given that it is paired off in a trio with Pokémon that have ignored aspects of the elemental cycle. Outrage leaves it confused although it will eventually snap out of it. | Apparently only Ice, Dragon, and Fairy Type moves thanks to its ability Delta Stream, which negates its weaknesses on behalf of its Flying Type. The Outrage weakness still applies.
- Air Lock: Eliminates the effects of weather.
- Delta Stream: Mega only. Affects weather and eliminates all of the Flying Type's weaknesses.
- Nomad: One of a series of Abilities that appeared in Pokémon Conquest. It raises Rayquaza's attack in proportion to the distance moved.
- Dragon Ascent: Rayquaza flies high into the air. Its body then becomes outlined in a green aura, and it dives into the opponent with great speed.
- Ice Beam: Rayquaza fires an icy blue beam of energy that can freeze the opponent. It can also be used to create ice in general and freeze water.
- Hyper Beam: Rayquaza fires a black and purple beam of energy from its mouth. Unlike most Pokémon Rayquaza lacks the need to recharge afterwards.
- Dragon Pulse: Rayquaza fires a multicolored beam of dragon-shaped energy at the opponent.
- Draco Meteor: Rayquaza fires an orange sphere of energy into the sky. The orb then explodes into meteors of energy that come crashing down onto the opponent. Oddly Rayquaza does not appear to suffer the usual special attack drop the move normally causes.
- Twister: Rayquaza surrounds the opponent in a twister that can cause them to flinch.
- Scary Face: Rayquaza makes a scary face at the opponent to lower their speed.
- Ancient Power: Rayquaza manipulates nearby rocks with an ancient power and hurls them at the opponent. This may also raise all of Rayquaza's stats.
- Crunch: Rayquaza coats its fangs in a dark energy and then crunches its opponent with them. It may also lower their defense.
- Air Slash: Rayquaza fires off blades of compressed air that have a chance of causing the opponent to flinch.
- Rest: Rayquaza falls asleep and heals itself back up to peak condition. This leaves Rayquaza asleep for a bit, however.
- Extreme Speed: Rayquaza charges at the opponent with speed that is normally almost impossible to properly react to.
- Dragon Dance: Rayquaza performs a mystic and powerful dance to boost its attack and speed.
- Fly: Rayquaza flies high into the air before diving into the opponent from above.
- Hyper Voice: Rayquaza lets off an extremely loud roar to damage the opponent. It also bypasses moves like Substitute.
- Outrage: Rayquaza rampages and attacks for a while. If there are multiple opponents each series of attacks will be directed at a random one. This leaves Rayquaza confused afterwards.
Key: Base | Mega