Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B physically. Higher with pyrokinetic strikes. Up to 8-C with magic
Name: Randall Flagg, Walter Padick, Walter O'Dim, Marten Broadcloak, Richard Fannin, Ramsey Forrest, Bill Hinch, The Man in Black, numerous others
Origin: The Dark Tower
Age: Unknown, over a thousand years old at the very least (Stated in multiple works to have lived this long)
Classification: Immortal sorcerer, son of the goddess Selena and the demon Maerlyn, former leader of the Vegas Survivors, emissary of the Crimson King
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Marksman (shot a man through the eye with a crossbow, and did so from across a battlefield while wielding the weapon with only one hand), Magic, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Immortality (Type 1), Shapeshifting, Necromancy, Possession, Dream Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Transmutation, farcasting, Illusion Creation, Portal Creation (via Chalk Doors), Pseudo-Invisibility (via Dimness), Time Travel, Teleportation, Mind Reading, Mind Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Lightning Strikes, Pyrokinesis, Biological Manipulation (His commands can be used to stop a person's breathing, and can presumably be used to cut off other vital functions as well), Empathic Manipulation, Animal Manipulation, Light Manipulation (via blinding flashes), cross-universal travel, Poison Manipulation, Magic Barriers, A third eye which allows him to remotely spy on others
Speed: At least Subsonic with Supersonic reactions (Crossed from one side of a room to another at FTE speeds. Caught a bullet between his thumb and forefinger. Turned three gunslingers into dogs faster than they could react. Slightly faster than Roland Deschain.)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Wall Class (Strong enough to shatter bones. Split a man's head in two with an axe. Stated to have performed hundreds of decapitations during his time as an executioner in Delain. Capable of harming Roland Deschain while in both his humanoid and animal forms.) Higher with pyrokinetic strikes. (Completely obliterated a reinforced castle door with a single blow.)
Durability: Wall level physically (Capable of withstanding the force of his own strikes. Survived being shot directly through the eye with an arrow, but was in pain afterwards.), At least Small Building level+, likely Building level with Magic Barriers (Effortlessly deflected and redirected multiple consecutive bullets fired from Roland Deschain's guns, which are capable of this. Should be somewhat comparable to his own offensive magic.)
Stamina: Superhuman. Traveled across the U.S. on foot. Traversed the same desert as Roland during their chase, and was stated to have eaten no food whatsoever. Was later seen scaling a large mountain with his bare hands.
Range: Standard melee range physically. Up to thousands of kilometers with most magic. Multi-Universal with projections and commands.
Standard Equipment: A crystal and a few pieces of chalk. (for creating doors)
Intelligence: Very high. Extremely manipulative and cunning. Possesses great knowledge on poisons and magic, as well as the nature of the Dark Tower. Said to have written numerous speeches for others that incited riots and violence amongst their respective audiences. Successfully poisoned a king and framed his rightful heir, and was directly responsible for plunging the kingdom into the dark ages soon after. Stated to have been involved in both the organized killing of a Cabinet member and the kidnapping of Patty Hearst, and has served in numerous armed factions including the U.S Marines and the Viet Cong.
Weaknesses: Arrogant, often as not to underestimate his foes. (which was his downfall)
- Dimness: Functioning as a sort of 'pseudo-invisibility', this forces others to become distracted from Flagg's presence, allowing him to avoid being seen.
- Transmutation: Flagg can transform items and living beings into whatever he wishes with a wave of his hand, whether it be turning weapons into fruit, enemies into harmless animals, or other beings into clones of himself.
- Shapeshifting: Flagg can change his own shape as easily as he can change the shape of others. Most common uses for this include turning into a raven and changing his appearance to that of other people, though this is far from the limit to his abilities in this area.
- Pyrokinesis: Flagg is capable of manipulating fire, and has been shown applying his pyrokinetic abilities in order to suit various needs. The scale of these abilities can range from lighting campfires to incinerating enemies into nothing but ash.
- Pyrokinetic Strikes: Flagg is able to enhance his physical attacks with pyrokinesis, having demonstrated the ability in Eyes of the Dragon when he destroyed a locked and reinforced castle door with a single flaming strike.
- Lightning: Flagg can generate deadly orbs of electricity from his hands, as well as strike his foes with bolts of lightning straight from the sky. He is capable of controlling the former mid-flight, as well as summoning the latter when traveling in non-humanoid forms. (Such as that of a raven)
- Third Eye: Flagg can send out his third eye and use it to spy on people from remote distances. While vaguely defined, the range at which the Eye can monitor others is considerable, as it allowed him to spy on a group of his enemies from across the U.S.
- Teleportation: Flagg has shown the ability to teleport, both as an evasive maneuver and as a means of escape. The range of this teleportation ability is left vague; some instances have shown short-range teleportation, while others (such as those featured within The Stand) have depicted him teleporting miles away. Most notable was the instance in which he escaped an exploding nuclear bomb that destroyed the entirety of Las Vegas, managing to teleport himself outside of the explosion's radius and onto a beach located an unknown distance away. Some minor details even go as far as to imply that Flagg is capable of teleporting into other universes and higher/lower levels of the Tower.
- Telekinesis: Flagg possesses telekinetic powers, and has used them to weaponize glass shards, lead pipes, fallen debris and even steel beams. He has effortlessly lifted Roland high into the air with nothing but telekinesis, and can use it to fire objects with enough force to pierce flesh.
- Chalk Doors: By drawing on hard surfaces with chalk, Flagg can create doorways leading to any location he desires. While the limits of this ability have not been fully shown, he has been seen traveling miles across a given world using these doors, and has stated himself that the doors allow him 'to go where he will'. He is also capable of allowing others to travel through these doors should he desire to do so.
- Magic Barrier: A magical forcefield which surrounds Flagg and deflects physical attacks. He uses this numerous times to deflect Roland's bullets the moment they're fired.
- Mind Reading: Flagg is able to read the minds of his opponents, as well as access their memories in the process of doing so. He remains entirely beneath the victim's notice while doing this, even managing to read Roland's mind at one point before the latter became immune to his psychic powers.
- Blinding Flash: A flash of light which Flagg uses to blind enemies. Most often used in conjunction with his teleportation in order to escape.
- Psychic Blasts: Flagg is capable of firing blasts directly into his foes' minds from his own, mentally asserting himself over them in the process. He used this ability to overpower the telepath Alain Johns, and later used it to mentally overpower Sheemie Ruiz and force him into a dream-state. Much like his ability to summon lightning, he can make use of these attacks regardless of the form he has taken.
- Projections: Flagg is able to send intangible projections of himself to other locations in order to interact with distant targets. He possesses the ability to do this across universes, as he was able to project himself from Mid-World to Keystone Earth in order to speak to Roland.
- Firearm Nullification: Flagg can bewitch his opponent's firearms with a spell that causes them to misfire when used against him.
- Commands: Through the use of spoken commands, Flagg is capable of assuming complete control over his foes, and can do so with little to no effort on his part. Once under his thumb, Flagg's victims are subject to whatever command he has set in place for them, regardless of their own physical ability to perform the task in question. He is also capable of assuming control of multiple people at once with a single command, as well as controlling victims from across universes.
- Mind Control: Flagg's powers grant him access to the minds of others. He can extract information from people, directly manipulate emotions and even force victims to turn their attention to one event or object. More lethal uses of this ability include forcing enemies to attack and kill others (or themselves) on-command.
- Animal Control: Flagg's influence can extend to animals. He is capable of bending them to his will with minimal effort, and has been shown forcing them to sleep/wake at his request as well as summoning them to attack his foes. The Stand implies that this ability can be taken even further, allowing him to see through their eyes as he controls their actions.
- Death: Flagg's commands are capable of killing victims by shutting down their bodies' vital processes (such as the victims' ability to breathe), and he has even shown the power to kill victims simply by saying the word 'Goodbye'.
- Strain: Even among psychics with the power to resist Flagg, the act of struggling against his magic can lead to great physical harm, with one victim eventually falling unconscious after the strain caused her to start bleeding from the nose. Those with a strong enough resistance to his powers are able to avoid these effects, however.