Raiden is one of the playable and main characters in the Mortal Kombat franchise, he is the God of Thunder and the protector of Earthrealm.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-C | 5-B
Name: Lord Raiden or alternatively, Rayden, Haokah (as Nightwolf sometimes addresses him)
Origin: Mortal Kombat
Classification: God of Thunder; Protector of Earthrealm; Being of Pure Energy in his True Form, (former) Elder God
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Teleportation, True Flight, Lightning and Thunder Manipulation, Can use his electricity to heal others, Martial Arts Mastery, Expert at using his staff, Telekinesis, Immortality (Types 1, 3, and 4), Regeneration (Mid-Low in Restricted Mortal Form. Low-Godly in Unrestricted Form), Reality Warping (Created a large temple in the Himalayan Mountains), Can send telepathic visions to his past self, Dimensional Manipulation (Destroys the dimensional gates connecting Outworld with Earthrealm in his MK2 ending), Non-Corporeal (The image above is just a mortal form he has to use per Elder God rules), Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Prevented Shao Kahn from stealing the souls of his chosen warriors)
Attack Potency: Town level (When attempting to destroy the Dragon King, Onaga, in a self-sacrificial blast, the effect was like a mini-nuke, destroying the massive palace Raiden was in. In the MKX canon comics, Raiden creates and controls, a thunderstorm) | Planet level (Nearly destroyed the Earth in his battle with Shinnok. Shook the Earth to its very core in his battle with Shao Kahn)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic | Massively Hypersonic+ (He's the definitive god of lightning and thunder in the MK universe as decided by the Elder Gods)
Lifting Strength: Class K+ (In MK Comics, Raiden is strong enough to catch a falling plane and fly away while carrying it with ease) | Class M
Striking Strength: Town Class (Can easily destroy superhumans, cross through a solid bridge) | Planet Class
Durability: Town level (Survived his own suicide attack) | Planet level (Immortality, regeneration, and being pure energy in his true form make him difficult to kill)
Stamina: Very high | Limitless (Due to his regenerative ability and being able to reform his energies, fought a battle with Shinnok that lasted centuries)
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with projectiles. Tens of kilometers with weather manipulation. | Planetary
Standard Equipment: Staff, the Amulet of Raiden, which has allowed him to receive messages from his future self, warning him of Shao Khan's impending invasion.
Intelligence: He's an extremely skilled tactician and wise mentor.
Weaknesses: He loses his powers if he enters a realm not under his jurisdiction, he can't fight a mortal being in his unrestricted form due the Mortal Kombat rules | None notable
- Teleport: At will, Raiden vanishes and reappears behind his opponent.
- Sparkport: Will have Raiden appear behind the opponent and quickly teleporting back in front.
- Electricity: Raiden sends a bolt of lightning flying at his opponent.
- Bolt: Raiden fires two bolts, one behind and one in front of him. The one behind him wraps around the map hitting the opponent in the back.
- Torpedo: Raiden flies at his opponent and pushes them against the wall. He could perform the move in the air.
- Thunder Fly: This increases the attack's speed and damage.
- Shocking Touch: Raiden grabs his opponent and holds them in the air while electrocuting them, then punches them to the ground.
- Shocker: Raiden grabs his opponent and electrocutes them. This is the enhanced version of Shocking Touch. This lets Raiden grab the opponent one step farther.
- Vicinity Blast: Raiden performs a closer range version of his lightning, but with more knockback and a wind effect to it, which can be charged up.
- Vicinity Burst: This knocks the opponent back.
- Projectile Cancel: Raiden cancels out his Electricity or Vicinity Blast when charging it.
- Reverse Electricity: Raiden sends a bolt of lightning in the other direction hitting an opponent from behind. This appears partially as the enhanced version of Electricity.
- Electric Slide: Raiden slides across the floor and hits his opponent with his shoulder, electrocuting them in the process.
- Shock Therapy (MK9): Raiden sends a beam in close range (when and if it connects), blinding the opponent. Then he teleports behind the opponent and elbows their back damaging their spine, heart, and ribs. Raiden then teleports in front of them and delivers a chop directly at his opponent's forehead, damaging the skull. Raiden finally sends a bolt of electricity through his opponent's head, making them fall down.
- Shock Therapy (MKX): Raiden shoots his opponent into the air with a blast of lightning. The victim flies up through the clouds, and Raiden follows, grabbing hold of the victim's spine and releasing a powerful electrical current through the opponent. He then summons lightning to shoot the opponent back down the ground. The opponent then bounces off the ground and a few feet into the air. Raiden then teleports under his enemy and brings his knee into the opponent's spine, breaking it in half.
Key: Restricted Mortal Form | Unrestricted
Note: Not to be confused with the character of the same name from Metal Gear.