Psycho Mantis was a member of FOXHOUND that possesses powerful psychic abilities and a villain from Metal Gear Solid. He participated in the armed takeover of Shadow Moses Island in 2005. He wore a gas mask to help prevent people's thoughts from "forcing their way into his mind."
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B via feats. 8-B via power-scaling
Name: Psycho Mantis (codename), original name unknown
Origin: Metal Gear
Age: Likely in his 30s
Classification: Human, Psychic, Former KB/CIA Agent, FOXHOUND member, informal member of the Sons of Big Boss movement
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman strength, and durability, Telepathy, Mind control, Possession, Mental illusions, Precognition, Telekinesis, Levitation, Forcefield, Teleportation, Can shoot fireballs and ball lightnings, Can break the fourth wall
Attack Potency: Wall level via feats. City Block level via power-scaling (Destroyed his hometown although the length of time he took is unknown, his power was also considered at the scale of "national disaster")
Lifting Strength: Regular Human. At least Class 1 to possibly Class M via telekinesis
Striking Strength: Wall Class
Durability: Wall level. City Block level via telekinetic shield
Range: At least hundreds of meters, can also reach beyond the Fourth Wall
Standard Equipment: Gas mask, Stealth Camo
Intelligence: Nothing notable
Weaknesses: Overconfident and likes to play around with his opponents.
- Optic camouflage: Makes him invisible against his surroundings (could be spotted through thermal vision)
- Mindreading: With his psychic powers he reads the mind of his enemy to anticipate his actions, avoiding gunfire and other attacks.
- Mind Control: Psycho Mantis can control his enemies with his mind. While direct control has obvious telltale signs, he could also perform brainwashing on hundreds of Genome Soldiers at once.
- Telekinesis: Psycho Mantis can move and throw around objects. He prefers to have several objects orbiting him while in battle.
- Ball Lightning: Psycho Mantis generates ball lightning which flies towards the target.
- Fireball: Psycho mantis can generate orbs of fire to attack his enemies. Prefers the ball lightning though.