|“||So I'm a clown? Then I'll act like one.||„|
Piedmon, also known as Piemon in the Japanese version, is a Wizard Digimon. Strange-looking and elusive, it is completely shrouded in mystery. As Demon Man Digimon have many mysterious qualities, and since Demon- and Undead-species are basically beings from another dimension, their true identities are not totally understood. It is unclear why Piedmon appeared and what the purpose of its existence is, and there are currently no means of clarifying these questions. However, since its strength is without equal, if you happen to stumble across Piedmon, you probably won't be able to do anything but curse your fate. It has four swords pierced through the "Magic Box" on its back.
Piedmon is the second to final villain of Digimon Adventure, only being usurped by Apocalymon.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 3-C | At least 3-C
Name: Piemon (Dub: Piedmon)
Origin: Digimon Adventure
Gender: Technically genderless, referred to as Male
Age: Varies between media
Classification: Demon Man/Wizard Digimon, Mega level, Dark Master
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Can absorb data, can become more powerful by absorbing data, Hypnosism, Life Force Absorption, Poison Manipulation, Dimensional BFR (Can drag beings to Hell i.e the Dark Area), One Hit Kill via Death Charm, Self Information Manipulation and Reactive Evolution via Overwrite, Soul Manipulation (Can attack and annihilate the soul directly), Death Manipulation, Scythe Mastery, Precognition, Data Manipulation, can manipulate the barrier between the Real and Digital Worlds, Matter Manipulation (Piedmon and the Dark Masters matter warped the Digital World into a mountain), can survive in space, Teleportation, Shapeshifting, has the power to change other objects including humans and other Digimon into various objects including key chains (Transmutation), Telekinetic powers, can create an energy shield around his hand to reflect attacks, Afterimage Creation, Illusion Creation, use Spells and Energy Blasts, Reality Warping, Transmutation and Power Nullification with Texture Blow, One Hit Kill, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Mind Reading, Body Control, Durability Negation (By teleporting his swords within others), Sealing (Could seal one of the 4 Holy Beasts in a short period of time), Electricity Manipulation, Animal Manipulation (Can create and control bats) Blood Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Portal Creation (Can create portals out of bats), Petrification, Weather Manipulation, Madness Inducement (Can drive others to utter insanity) Regeneration (High), Absorption (Can absorb other Digimon to strengthen himself), Resurrection (Has the ability to revive data), Hacking, Can drain people of all their blood, may have the ability to merge worlds (requires prep), Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Existence Erasure, Ice Manipulation, Debuffing, Mind Control, Life Draining, Fire Manipulation.
Attack Potency: Galaxy level (Should scale to other Mega Digimon such as WarGreymon) | At least Galaxy level (The leader of the Dark Masters, who were able to warp and control the digital world to their desire. Revealed in the light novel, Digimon Adventure 02, and Digimon Adventure Tri to have battled and sealed Azulongmon and the other Digimon sovereigns alongside the other Dark Masters. Bested both WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon in single combat. Stronger than even MetalEtemon)
Speed: Relativistic, with Relativistic+ reactions (Equal to other Mega Digimon), possibly Infinite (One of his Pre-evolutions is Myotismon, a Dark Area Digimon) | Relativistic with Relativistic+ reactions (Can keep up with WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon)fi
Lifting Strength: Class M+ via power-scaling
Striking Strength: Galactic Class | At least Galactic Class (He can easily trade blows with WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.)
Durability: Galaxy level | At least Galaxy level (Can get back up after a direct hit from Wargreymon's Gaia Force)
Range: Extended Melee Range normally, several meters with Clown Trick, Several hundred kilometers with Trump Swords
Standard Equipment: He fights with his four swords of 'Heart', 'Spade', 'Diamond', and 'Club', which are projected from the Magic Square on his back
Intelligence: True to his nature as a clown, Piedmon is a trickster by nature. He fights pragmatically, attempting to steal the Crests before the DigiDestined could use them and teleporting around his opponents before turning them into helpless keychains. He is also skilled in close-combat, easily fighting WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon on even ground. However, due to his nature as a sadist, he becomes overconfident when he has the upper hand and becomes sloppy, allowing T.K. to get the Crest of Hope to Digivolve Patamon into MagnaAngemon.
Weaknesses: Something of a sadist and like to fool around with his opponents due to his nature as a clown, somewhat overconfident when he has the upper hand. Vaccine Digimon. It is possible to deceive Piedmon in Masks Square if you register false commands in your mind.
Overwrite: All Digimon can rewrite their data, so that they are able to react to various situations that were once problematic for it. This usually causes a gigantic increase in power and sometimes new skills and resistances are gained. However, the more emotional the Digimon is, the more violent the overwrite becomes.
- Clown Trick: This attack has been used to cover several attacks:
- He throws a giant tablecloth at the opponent. If it touches the opponent it transforms them into a key chain.
- Conjures a ring of fire to attack opponents
- Creates a large ball and has it come out of the ground beneath the opponent to trip them up.
- Disguises himself (made himself look like a normal clown in Episode 40)
- Reflects an opponent's attack back.
- Ending Snipe: Emits electricity from both hands to electrocute his opponents.
- Final Spell: Generates a massive explosion wide enough to cover several city blocks
- Mask's Square: Creates a field in which all communications can be read by Piedmon and allows it to teleport itself and its attacks anywhere at will. Piedmon's Reality Warping is heavily strengthened in this realm and he has complete control over the realm. Masks Square also allows him to read his opponent's mind as well as listen to every conversation. He can also control his opponent's body, preventing them from even attacking.
- Trump Sword: Piedmon flings his four swords at his opponent to skewer them. When he gets serious he creates illusionary swords to distract foes from the real ones before teleporting them into the target directly.
- Toy Wonderness: Creates powerful gusts of wind with a swipe of his hand.
- Texture Blow: Forcefully turns the opponent into a sprite while nullifying their abilities.
- Destruction: A darkness based attack that has a chance of instantly killing the opponent.
Notable Inherited Skills
- Hell's Hand: Extends a giant decaying hand from underneath its cloak to attack the enemy and pulls the captured enemy all the way to hell.
- Death Charm: Casts an evil spell of darkness that washes over the enemy and saps away its life.
- Nightmare Wave: Emits a dark wave that hypnotizes the enemy, amplifying their doubts and driving them mad.
- Poison Breath: Blows out a poisonous smoke.
- Soul Chopper: Swings at the opponent with its scythe. Those who suffer this technique have their souls completely annihilated.
- Shi no Senkoku/Father Time: Summons a magic circle of dark power kills an opponent with a word of death.
- Demi Darts: Throws syringes filled with viruses at the enemy. This attack also drains life force to heal Piedmon.
- Akuma no Sasayaki (Evil Whisper): Emits hypnotic waves from its eyes.
- DemiDevi Claw: Attacks with the claws on both feet.
- Bat Flutter: Hits the enemy with its wings, or shoots a stream of tiny bats at the enemy.
- Attack Break: Lowers the opponent's Attack Potency by 10%. Can stack.
- Panic Wisp: A fire magic attack that confuses the opponent.
- Evil Wing: Piedmon can absorb the countless digital data with his wings that he can rip up in the arena.
- Hell's Contract: Piedmon can fire a large energy blast made out of evil energy.
- Touch of Evil: He can stick his arm into the ground and have it appear from behind the opponent, grabbing them and allowing Devimon to brainwash them.
- Laser Wing: He can shoot laser beams out of his wings which are strong enough to destroy large buildings.
- Death Claw: Piedmon stretches his hand to pierce through his enemy's heart.
- Devil Laser: Piedmon fires laser blasts from his devil sign on his chest.
- Destruction Cannon: Blasts the foe with Dark Energy.
- Hell Crusher: A wide range AOE attack of Dark Energy.
- Physical Drain: Drains the foes life force to restore stamina.
- Grisly Wing (Night Raid): Piedmon surprises foes by unleashing a swarm of bats from his cape to attack them.
- Crimson Lightning (Bloody Stream): Uses a stream of electrified blood like a whip.
- Nightmare Claw (Dead Scream): Sends out a black, ghost-like entity that turns the victim black and paralyzes them.
- Nightmare Wave: Fires electricity which amplifies the target's doubts and mistrust.
- Concert Crush (Love Serenade): Plays his guitar and sings, either dedigivolving enemy Digimon in hearing range, or damaging them badly and losing their will to fight.
- Fireball: Flares up both of its arms, knocking away the opponent.
- Roaring Fire: Uses crimson flames to burn the opponent.
- Fire Fist: Engulfs its hand in fire and punches the opponent.
- Magma Blast: Emits magma rocks which rain upon its opponents.
- Burning Fist: Engulfs both of its hands in flame, then throws them in the form of fireballs.
- Attack Charge: Boosts his Attack Potency by 10%.
- Ice Phantom: Inflicts burns on the opponent with super-chilled air by punching them with a freezing fist made of ice.
- Cold Flame: Fires small ice flames multiple times.
- Vision Blinder: Blinds enemies with bright blue flames.
- Frost Knuckle: Punches the enemy with a fist made of ice.
- Ice Bomb: Drops a huge ball of ice and causes a large explosion.
- Mental Point Alchemy: Recovers Digimon's MP points used to fight by absorbing MP used by the enemy.
Keys: Piedmon (Official Databook) | Digimon Adventure
Note: For more detailed information on Masks Square see this blog.