Piedmon, is the second to final villain of Digimon Adventure, only being usurped by Apocalymon.
A ghost Digimon completely covered by a cloth over its head. As it is a wicked being born from darkness, it is said that computers possessed by Bakemon instantly have their systems destroyed. Everything within the cloth is wrapped in mystery, and it is rumored that a portion of the shadow of its true form has become a black hole. It dislikes direct attacks because its fighting strength isn't great.
|“||So I'm a clown? Then I'll act like one.||„|
Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknown | At least High 4-C | 3-C | At least 3-C
Name: Piemon (Dub: Piedmon)
Origin: Digimon Adventure
Gender: Technically genderless, referred to as Male
Age: Varies between media
Classification: Demon Man/Wizard Digimon, Mega level, Dark Master
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Can absorb data, can become more powerful by absorbing data, Hypnosism, Life Force Absorption, Poison Manipulation, Dimensional BFR (Can drag beings to Hell i.e the Dark Area), One Hit Kill via Death Charm, Self Information Manipulation and Reactive Evolution via Overwrite. | All previous abilities, Soul Manipulation (Can attack and annihilate the soul directly), Death Manipulation, Scythe Mastery, Precognition | All previous Abilities, Data Manipulation, can manipulate the barrier between the Real and Digital Worlds, Matter Manipulation (Piedmon and the Dark Masters matter warped the Digital World into a mountain), can survive in space, Teleportation, Shapeshifting, has the power to change other objects including humans and other Digimon into various objects including key chains (Transmutation), Telekinetic powers, can create an energy shield around his hand to reflect attacks, Afterimage Creation, Illusion Creation, use Spells and Energy Blasts, Reality Warping, Transmutation and Power Nullification with Texture Blow, One Hit Kill, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Mind Reading, Body Control, Durability Negation (By teleporting his swords within others)
Attack Potency: Unknown (Does not tend to participate in direct combat and mostly relies on hax) | At least Large Star level (Comparable to other Ultimate level Digimon) | Galaxy level (Should scale to other Mega Digimon such as WarGreymon) | At least Galaxy level (The leader of the Dark Masters, who were able to warp and control the digital world to their desire. Revealed in the light novel, Digimon Adventure 02, and Digimon Adventure Tri to have battled and sealed Azulongmon and the other Digimon sovereigns alongside the other Dark Masters. Bested both WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon in single combat. Stronger than even MetalEtemon)
Speed: Unknown, likely Massively Hypersonic+ via powerscaling | Relativistic (Via scaling to other Ultimates) | Relativistic with Relativistic+ reactions ( Can keep up with WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon)
Lifting Strength: Class M+ via power-scaling
Striking Strength: Unknown | At least Large Star Class | Galactic Class | At least Galactic Class (He can easily trade blows with WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.)
Durability: Unknown | At least Large Star level | Galaxy level | At least Galaxy level (Can get back up after a direct hit from Wargreymon's Gaia Force)
Range: Extended Melee Range normally, several meters with Clown Trick, Several hundred kilometers with Trump Swords
Standard Equipment: He fights with his four swords of 'Heart', 'Spade', 'Diamond', and 'Club', which are projected from the Magic Square on his back
Intelligence: True to his nature as a clown, Piedmon is a trickster by nature. He fights pragmatically, attempting to steal the Crests before the DigiDestined could use them and teleporting around his opponents before turning them into helpless keychains. He is also skilled in close-combat, easily fighting WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon on even ground. However, due to his nature as a sadist, he becomes overconfident when he has the upper hand and becomes sloppy, allowing T.K. to get the Crest of Hope to Digivolve Patamon into MagnaAngemon.
Weaknesses: Something of a sadist and like to fool around with his opponents due to his nature as a clown, somewhat overconfident when he has the upper hand. Vaccine Digimon. It is possible to deceive Piedmon in Masks Square if you register false commands in your mind.
Overwrite: All Digimon can rewrite their data, so that they are able to react to various situations that were once problematic for it. This usually causes a gigantic increase in power and sometimes new skills and resistances are gained. However, the more emotional the Digimon is, the more violent the overwrite becomes.
- Hell's Hand: Extends a giant decaying hand from underneath its cloak to attack the enemy and pulls the captured enemy all the way to hell.
- Death Charm: Casts an evil spell of darkness that washes over the enemy and saps away its life.
- Nightmare Wave: Emits a dark wave that hypnotizes the enemy, amplifying their doubts and driving them mad.
- Poison Breath: Blows out a poisonous smoke.
- Soul Chopper: Swings at the opponent with its scythe. Those who suffer this technique have their souls completely annihilated.
- Shi no Senkoku/Father Time: Summons a magic circle of dark power kills an opponent with a word of death.
- Clown Trick: This attack has been used to cover several attacks:
- He throws a giant tablecloth at the opponent. If it touches the opponent it transforms them into a key chain.
- Conjures a ring of fire to attack opponents
- Creates a large ball and has it come out of the ground beneath the opponent to trip them up.
- Disguises himself (made himself look like a normal clown in Episode 40)
- Reflects an opponent's attack back.
- Ending Snipe: Emits electricity from both hands to electrocute his opponents.
- Final Spell: Generates a massive explosion wide enough to cover several city blocks
- Mask's Square: Creates a field in which all communications can be read by Piedmon and allows it to teleport itself and its attacks anywhere at will. Piedmon's Reality Warping is heavily strengthened in this realm and he has complete control over the realm. Masks Square also allows him to read his opponent's mind as well as listen to every conversation. He can also control his opponent's body, preventing them from even attacking.
- Trump Sword: Piedmon flings his four swords at his opponent to skewer them. When he gets serious he creates illusionary swords to distract foes from the real ones before teleporting them into the target directly.
- Toy Wonderness: Creates powerful gusts of wind with a swipe of his hand.
- Texture Blow: Forcefully turns the opponent into a sprite while nullifying their abilities.
- Destruction: A darkness based attack that has a chance of instantly killing the opponent.
Keys: Bakemon | Phantomon | Piedmon (Official Databook) | Digimon Adventure
Note: For more detailed information on Masks Square see this blog.