Petey Piranha, known in Japan as Boss Pakkun, is a character from the Mario franchise who debuted in Super Mario Sunshine, who reprise his role in the series as a boss. He sports a unique physique and special abilities that widely contrast him from other Piranha Plants. Although he occasionally fights the Mario Bros under the orders of the Koopa Troop, he doesn't appear to be associated with anyone and rather attacks anyone who he sees or provokes him.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 4-C, likely 4-A
Name: Petey Piranha, Boss Pakkun
Origin: Mario Bros
Classification: Piranha Plant
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Can create tornadoes, Can grow large vines, plants, and piranha plants, Can spit out toxic sludge that can spawn enemies, Can create sound waves and shockwaves, capable of burrowing in the ground, etc.
Lifting Strength: Class G (Usually portrayed to be physically stronger than Mario)
Striking Strength: At least Large Star Class+, likely Multi-Solar System Class
Stamina: Very high
Range: Extended melee range. Tens of meters with attacks.
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Below average (While capable of learning from mistakes and expressing himself, he mainly reacts on animal instinct)
Weaknesses: The sheer weight of his head can make him quite clumsy and his round belly is vulnerable to attacks when exposed.
Notable Attacks and Technique:
- Tweester: With a might wave from his arm, Petey creates and hurls a tornado larger than himself at the foe.
- Toxic Goop: Petey will fire a ball or stream of toxic sludge from its mouth, which can summon enemies such as Swoopin Stus and Polluted Piranha Plants.
- Sound Wave: Petey will create soundwaves by screaming real loud which can push and damage his opponents.
- Mud Slinger: Petey will regurgitate a large amount of mud. Anyone hit by the mud or treading the mud across the ground will slow down significantly.
- Bulbed Petey Pirahna: Petey's Mega Strike. After he grows a flower underneath him, the plant will grow absurdly high. From the plant, he then spits projectiles at the target that has great re-entry force.