|“||No pain, no gain!||„|
|~ Paul Phoenix|
Paul Phoenix is a character who appears in the first Tekken game and has been a staple ever since. He consistenly enters the King of Iron Fist Tournament in order to prove that he is the strongest fighter in the universe. He saw Kazuya Mishima as his one true rival after they fought to a draw in the first tournament. Another fierce rival of his is Kuma, a grizzly bear who is also the pet and bodyguard of Heihachi Mishima.
While Paul is often characterized as barbaric and overconfident, he is a martial artist with a great deal of experience, having trained with both Lee Chaolan and the Law family.
Powers and Stats
Name: Paul Phoenix
Age: 25 - 48 (as of Tekken 7)
Classification: Human, Martial Artist
Speed: Supersonic+ (Kept up with Kuma, Kazuya Mishima and Ancient Ogre)
Lifting Strength: Class 5
Durability: City Block level (Took hits from Ancient Ogre and Kuma)
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Above Average (A skilled martial artist, however, he seems to prefer "punching though his problems" above anything else)
Weaknesses: While Paul has strength that can deal damage to the likes of Feng, his overconfidence can interfere with his ability, which was demonstrated by his loss to Kuma.
- Hammer of the Gods: Paul delivers a fierce lashing that damages the opponent.
- Shoulder Smash: Paul attacks and sends the opponent away with his shoulder.
- Incomplete Somersault: Paul tries to use Marshall Law's Somersault Kick, but he ends up falling in the ground since can't get the landing right.
- Rage Art: Paul starts with a Hammer Punch that bounces the opponent off the ground and into the air, then he finishes the move with a massive Burning Fist as the opponent falls to the ground.
- Burning Fist: Paul uses his entire body to thrust into a powerful punch. He used this move to destroy both a brick wall and a rockslide. This move is also powerful enough to knock out foes in the Tekken-verse with a single punch if it is a counter hit.