Paper Mario is Mario as he appears in the Paper Mario series. Due to organization purposes and radically different stats, a separate page is made for the character. This page is focused on the first three installments in the series.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-A | 2-B
Name: Paper Mario, Mario
Origin: Mario Bros
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled in hand to hand combat, Skilled at wielding a hammer, Pyrokinesis (With fire flower), Time Manipulation, Reality Warping and Earthquake Manipulation (With Star Rod), Transmutation (Up & Away), Sleep Manipulation (Lullaby and Sleep Stomp), Healing (Happy Heart, Refresh etc.), Size Manipulation (Shrink Stomp), Probability Manipulation (Pretty Lucky, Lucky Day, Close Call etc.), Intangibility (Repel Gel), Power Nullification (Star Beam) Eliminated Bowser's Star Rod Powers, Electricity Manipulation (Volt Shroom and Zap Tap), Attack and Defense Buff (Jump Charge, Defense Plus etc.), Resistance to Poison Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, and Size Manipulation (Feeling Fine and Feeling Fine P), Possibly Time Paradox Immunity (As the Pure Hearts are of similar power to the Chaos Hearts)
Attack Potency: Multi-Solar System level (The Crystal Stars tremendously increase Mario's previous power) | Multiverse level with Pure Hearts (Overpowered Super Dimentio and prevented him from destroying all worlds, timelines, and possibilities within the Marioverse)
Lifting Strength: Class G | Unknown
Striking Strength: Multi-Solar System Class | Multiversal (Super Dimentio was severely harmed by his physical attacks)
Durability: Multi-Solar System level (Contended with Shadow Queen, who was at his same level of power) | Multiverse level (Tanked several attacks from Super Dimentio and was stated/shown to be overall superior to him physically)
Stamina: Very high (Can run around worlds, fight large amounts of enemies at once go on adventures even with lethally low health) | Limitless
Range: Depends on power up. Can be anywhere from standard melee range without power-ups to tens of meters with power-ups
Standard Equipment: Varies
Intelligence: Skilled in hand to hand combat and was suspicious of Dimentio's loyalty to Count Bleck. Not much else notable
Weaknesses: None notable
- Flip: Taught by Bestovius in Super Paper Mario. Mario flips into a realm called the "3D dimension", rending attack from enemies in the 2D realm useless and vice versa if he is in the 2D realm. However, he takes damage if he remains in the realm for long.
- Hammer: Whacks one enemy with a super-strong hammer. Damages multiple enemies if executed well with shockwave. (can be repeated 3x)
- Slaphammer: Strikes a single foe from the side with a super strong whack.
- K.O hammer: Whacks a single enemy from the side with a super-strong hammer. Damages multiple enemies if executed well.
- Eekhammer: If you're good, strikes a single foe many times with super strong whacks.
- Hurlhammer: Hurls a huge hammer into the air that plunges down and strikes all foes with super strong force, Also hits flying foes. (can throw smaller ones 3x or one big/huge hurl hammer)
- Baahammer: Makes all foes very/extremely sleepy with significant damage.
- Blazehammer: Looses a giant flame on impact, burning/scorching/charbroiling most foes well done.
- Chillhammer: Releases a frigid blast, freezing most foes with a powerful/arctic chill.
- Super Boots: Spin Jump which can break through wooden floor panels and reveal hidden panels.
- Ultra Boots: Tornado Jump which retains its previous ability and allows Mario to get some extra height for his jumps. They also upgrade the strength of his jump attack.
- Spring Jump: Mario jumps high into the air and lands on the enemy with tremendous force.
- Jump: Stomps a single enemy with a super-strong jump up to 5 times. (can be repeated 3x)
- Line Jump: Stomps all enemies in order with a super-strong jump—forward and backward with perfect execution.
- Hopslipper: Quickly stomps a single enemy with super power, up to 10 times. (can be repeated 3x)
- Iron Jump: Stomps even spiked enemies with a super-strong jump. (can be repeated 3x)
- Spin Jump: Stomps a single enemy—spiked or not—with a strong metal drill. Damages many enemies if executed well.
- Clone Jump: Cloned Marios stomp a single foe with a super strong jump.
- Infinijump: Stomps a single foe many times. This sticker is mega strong if you can keep stomping.
- Super Boot: Avoids enemy attacks with a jump, As a bonus, any increased attack power of subsequent jump-type stickers a fair bit.
- Tail: Strongly counters enemy attacks with a tail swipe. Has no effect against attacks from above
- Frog Suit: Dodges enemy attacks by jumping over them, As a bonus, and increased attack power of subsequent stickers a fair bit.
- Spike Helmet: Protects against and powerfully counters attacks from above with the helmet's spike.
- Fire Flower: Throws very hot fireballs at multiple foes.
- Ice Flower: Throws pretty strong balls of ice at multiple foes.
- Leaf: makes every attack or block, successful. (as if automatic)
- POW block: Deals pretty serious damage to all foes when hit. Can also crumple foes.
- (Green/Red/Blue) Shell: Hits ground-bound foes with a pretty strong sliding shell.
- Snowball: Launches a giant snowball that snares all ground-bound foes. Doesn't reach high-flying foes.
- Spike Ball: Provides a spiked ball that can be thrown at a single foe. Doesn't reach high-flying foes.
- Barrel: Provides a barrel that can be hurled at a single foe.
- Wrench: A wrench that can be chucked at a single foe.
- 'Bone: Throwable bone that can hit a single foe.
- Boomerang: A boomerang that hits all foes in its flight path.
- Bomb: Calls forth a tossable bomb that can explode and hit multiple grounded foes
- Sombrero: A throwable hat that can hit a single foe.
- Throwing Star: throwing star that can hit a single foe.
- Lullaby: Puts foes into sleep.
- Star Storm: Creates a star shower to attack all enemies.
- Chill Out: Greatly weakens the foe's attacking power.
- Time Out: Stops time to freeze all enemies for awhile.
- Up and Away: Turns enemies into harmless stars and sends them into the sky.
- Sweet Treat: Replenishes HP and FP, as well as curing all status effects.
- Earth Tremor: This power creates an earthquake that can do damage against all enemies.
- Clock Out: If, successful, immobilizes all enemies temporarily.
- Power Lift: Boosts attack and defense power for a short time.
- Art Attack: Any amount of damage can be done depending on how many times encircled around the enemies.
- Sweet Feast: Replenishes HP and FP, as well as, curing all status effects to a greater degree.
- Showstopper: If, successful, destroys enemies in a single blow.
- Supernova: This attack does damage to all enemies in a shattering explosion.
Key: With Crystal Stars | With Pure Hearts
Note 1: Despite the confusion of the Mario Bros franchise canon due to its 5th installment of the Mario and Luigi series, Paper Jam, several games such as Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 5, and other installment has made several connections to the Paper Mario franchise which establish the series to be part of same verse. It should be noted that the Paper Mario series has made several connections to other games as well with an interview of the creator confirming that the overall franchise having no canon to speak of. As such, both versions of Mario are still considered the same character. As a result, since Paper Mario is technically Mario due to lack of continuity, his stats without the weapons stay the same as his counterpart.
Note 2: For Mario's stats based around the Super Mario Bros and other series in the franchise, click here.