Orphan is an antagonist and the final boss of Final Fantasy XIII. He is a wheel-like fal'Cie and the source of Cocoon's power, who rests within Orphan's Cradle in an area known as Narthex Throne. Residing within a pool in a deep sleep in a state of unbirth, Orphan is the main power source to fal'Cie Eden, enabling it to siphon power from other fal'Cie to keep Cocoon afloat.
Powers and Stats
Origin: Final Fantasy XIII
Age: Likely 1,300 years old (Should be as old as Cocoon)
Classification: Cocoon fal'Cie
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Flight and Levitation, Energy Blasts, Elemental Manipulation (Of the fire, ice, lightning and water variety via being born of a fusion with Barthandelus), Telekinesis (In the form of energy binding rings), Teleportation, Barrier Creation, Transmutation, Shapeshifting, Regeneration (Mid-Low), can instantly transform l'Cie into Cie'th, Paralysis Inducement
Attack Potency: Moon level+ (His power is responsible for holding Cocoon in the sky, which is confirmed to be the size of North America by the creators, the fal'Cie themselves were hyped to be able to destroy Cocoon themselves)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Capable of fighting and reacting to the party and Incomplete Ragnarok)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Moon Class+ (Comparable to Incomplete Ragnarok)
Durability: Moon level+ (Comparable to the party that can survive its Merciless Judgment, also implied to have fought and withstood blows from Incomplete Ragnarok [Which plowed through Orphan's magical barrier in four strikes] before Etro decided to intervene and revert Fang back to her l'Cie form [The implication existing due to the fact that Orphan needed to heal Fang after she was reverted by Etro on top of Orphan's disappointment as opposed to shock at an unexplained and abrupt reversion, indicating a brief fight went on off screen])
Stamina: Extremely High (Has perpetually kept Cocoon floating in the sky for over a thousand years)
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Unknown, but likely Considerably High (Considering how it assimilated Barthandelus by the events of the game)
Weaknesses: None notable
- Merciless Judgment: Orphan raises its body to reveal its lower half resembles a sword, before swinging itself downwards.
- Consummate Light: Orphan begins to heal itself continuously.
- Consummate Darkness: Orphan focuses more on direct damage to the foe, infecting them with several debuffs.
- Opposite Extremes: Orphan basically combines Consummate Light and Consummate Darkness, healing itself while fighting the enemy at the same time.
- Progenitorial Wrath: Orphan raises its hand and generates an orb in it, having a 50% chance of instantly killing the target.
- Dies Irae: Orphan places its hands together to create a small ball of fire and release it in the surrounding area.
- Doom: Orphan places a timer above its enemy's head, killing them when it runs out.
- Kaleidoscopic Ray: Orphan flips its facial sphere to reveal a large eye, before hitting its enemies with a magical blast.