|“||From its cocoon, the Butterfly flutters away.||„|
Orochi (オロチ, Orochi) in The King of Fighters is one of the series' main villains and the main antagonist and final boss of The King of Fighters '97. It and its followers are another interpretation of the mythical eight headed serpent, Yamata no Orochi. In the KoF series, Orochi was sealed 1,800 years ago by the three sacred treasures of Japan. The three clan's descendants are charged with protecting the seal over it.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 7-A, likely 6-C
Name: Yamata no Orochi
Origin: King of Fighters
Gender: Genderless (Can adapt its gender depending on who it possess)
Age: Over 1800 years
Classification: Deity, Beloved of Gaia
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Elemental Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Teleportation, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Holy Manipulation, Possession (Of any of its followers), Energy Manipulation, Regeneration (High-Mid), Immortality (Types 1, 4 and 8)
Attack Potency: At least Small Island level (Stronger than Goenitz, one of his many servants, who can do this), likely Island level (Despite being restrained by Orochi Iori, Chizuru said that its power was still too strong)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Small Island Class, likely Island Class
Durability: At least Small Island level (The combined might of the three sacred treasures isn't enough to finish him off, just seal him), likely Island level (More durable than Orochi Iori)
Stamina: High, can fight even while heavily injured
Range: Standard melee range. Hundreds of meters with projectiles. Tens of kilometers with holy manipulation.
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Very skilled combatant and created its own clan
Weaknesses: Orochi can be sealed by the three sacred treasures (The Yata Mirror, the Yasakani Jewel and the Kusanagi Sword). It also needs a catalyst to manifest himself and can be stopped before awakening.
- Kon/Marukare (Blend/Rounding Reaper): Orochi generates holy light that damages any foe.
- Ookami/Oomiwa (Great God/Great Survey): Orochi glows with pale purple energy and pulls the opponent towards itself until Oomiwa wears off. If the enemy gets too close, Orochi will immediately stab them with its hand and pull out a piece of their life force, in the form of a purple orb. It will then crush the orb, inflicting severe damage as the victim is blasted away.
- Kaijo/Harae (Cancellation/Exorcism): Orochi casts a mote of bluish-white light forward that creates a void rift as it travels.
- Karankou/Ho no Susori (Fire Orchid Descent/Rinse of Fire): Orochi creates a pillar of energy from the ground up and viceversa.
- Destroy Souls: Orochi can penetrate the enemy's soul and destroy it.
- Elemental/Orochi Empowerment: Orochi can grant control of the elements to any of his followers on top of superhuman stats, while he can grant use of his powers to humans, the prolonged use of his powers without a blood relation to him is fatal.
- Telepathy: Orochi can project thoughts and talk to people with his mind. He can freely read the minds of his enemies, with no hindrances.
- Telekinesis: Orochi can move objects with his mind.
- Translocation: Orochi can translocate himself.
- Teleportation: Orochi can teleport people from a different dimension.
- Possession: Orochi can fully possess any of his followers.
- Regeneration: Orochi can regenerate and heal himself.