For detailed information about the series, see the One Piece Wiki.
One Piece is a popular Shonen Jump manga written by Eiichiro Oda. It is an Action Adventure Manga about Monkey D. Luffy, a pirate who ate the Gomu-Gomu No Mi fruit, a Devil fruit that turned him into a Rubber Man. His goal is to become the Pirate King, and be the man with the most freedom on the seas. He meets many people during his travels, with several of them joining his crew.
For detailed information about the series: see the One Piece Wiki
Devil Fruits: Mystical fruits found in the One Piece world that can give the eater a variety of abilities depending on the fruit. There are three known types:
- Paramecia: The most common of the three, they give the user various superhuman abilities and/or traits. Other Paramecia can alter features of the body, such as stretching one's own limbs, or the people, objects, and environment around them. Finally, there are users that generate substances, such as poison.
- Logia: Normally the rarest of the three, Logias allow the user to transform into an element or even into a materialization of a abstract concept, such as darkness. This can render them intangible to physical attacks as well as be able to absorb said incoming attacks. Logia users also gain abilities that relate to their element.
- Zoan: This type allows the user to transform into an animal and acquire every trait associated with that animal. The users can also transform into human-animal hybrid forms or a twin-beast hybrid. Additionally there is a subtype of Zoan much rarer than even Logias, the Mythical Zoan.
Haki: A mysterious power found in every living being in the One Piece world, while not too different from the normal senses, most are not able to tap into this ability. Currently, most Haki users are limited to two types of Haki with a select few being capable of the 3rd Haki type, Haoshoku (Color of the Conquering King)
- Haōshoku Haki (Color of the Conquering King): The ability to knock out someone else or a large group. While inexperienced users are restricted to intimidating one being or blindly knocking out any with weak wills around them, those with more expertise can pick out weak willed individuals in a large group to knock out.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): A form of Haki that allows the user to create an "invisible armor" around themselves. With that, they can protect himself from attacks, and if trained well, use it to deliver stronger attacks. Besides the increase of strength, it is the only form of attack that doesn't involve Kairouseki that can hit any Devil Fruit user, being able to hit the user's original body even if it's a Logia user. It can also be used in weapons.
- Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.
One Piece characters are physically strong, but they lack versatility. Many of its top tiers severely lack it, and can only throw physical attacks, albeit enhanced by Haki. Some characters (mostly devil-fruit users) have abilities that ignore or enhance durability (ex. Hancock turns things she touches into stone, Law can spacial slice seemingly anything (To an extent, his powers were stopped by Doflamingo's strings), Luffy is resistant to blunt attacks, Buggy is immune to cutting attacks, Kuma can repel anything, including pain, Magellan's Venom Demon which makes him virtually impossible to land a blow due to the effects of his poison, Caesar's Devil Fruit which allows him to remove the oxygen in a limited area, etc.) Many characters, especially the higher tiers in the verse operate on the fundamentals of haki, which is a spiritual energy possessed by every living creature in the verse.
Regarding versus match-ups: For cross-verse matchup battles, logia Devil Fruit users are susceptible to attacks that are capable of catching them off guard, bypassing their regeneration, countering their elemental intangibility (ex: fire melting ice) or directly attacking the soul. Verse equalization does not grant an opponent from another verse the ability to utilize haki against a logia user. It was discussed here.
Regarding the canon: In terms of canon material, this wiki uses the manga strictly. The anime is considered non-canon here. In the case of anime, it contradicts statements, feats, personalities, and abilities of characters in many cases. This happens with censorship, filler content in canon material, and pacing.
Examples of censorship-based contradictions: Luffy's skull was pierced through the back by one of Jango's attacks, but in the anime, he catches it with his mouth. Red-leg Zeff cuts off his leg to escape from wreckage in the anime, but in the manga, he cuts it off and eats it to survive. During his fight with Absalom, Sanji was pierced completely through the chest by a blade and dropped Nami in order to keep blood off of her dress, whereas the anime simply had him pummeled with punches, and thus couldn't hold onto Nami anymore. These are just to name a few. There are dozens to hundreds of these cases both pre time-skip and post time-skip.
Examples of contradictions in the anime for abilities and powerscaling: Fujitora vs Luffy has different statements and displays Ferocious Tiger as bending space in the anime, which differs greatly from the manga. Smoker was shown capable of holding his own against Doflamingo and only fell once he attempted to protect his comrades, but the manga displays Doflamingo one-shotting him without any fight occuring. Mont-D'or's power is displayed as putting Luffy within a book in the anime and being susceptible to outside assaults without realizing it, but the manga only displays this when Luffy is staring at the pages of the book and very quickly returns to his senses once Nami calls out to him.
- Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki
- Lord Kavpeny
- Awesome Betterhero
- Valar Melkor 2
- Naruto The Bujin
- Celestial Pegasus
- eldritch abomination
- The man with the Midas touch
- Sword guy Z
Straw Hat Pirates
Straw Hat Grand Fleet
Red Hair Pirates
Black Cat Pirates
New Fishman Pirates
Big Mom Pirates
Impel Down Staff