|“||The most fearsome thing in this world is to be defeated by an attack using an unexplainable power coming from an incomprehensible place while you have no way of thinking up a counter measure. The attack is vague and you cannot assign conditions to it and you don’t even know if there is a direction you can go to avoid it or if you could even avoid it after getting tens of thousands of kilometers away. You now know how horrible that is firsthand.||„|
Ollerus (オッレルス Orrerusu) is a character introduced in Toaru Majutsu no Index. He is an enigmatic fellow that once had the chance to become a Magic God, but has failed to do so. Still, as an incomplete Magic God he is one of the strongest characters in the series, and was once pursued by various magical organizations seeking his power and knowledge, but he has managed to elude all of them with ease.
Initially just a side character in the original series, he made an appearance at the end of World War III when he and his companion Silvia saved Fiamma of the Right after he had been left for dead after being defeated by Aleister Crowley. He and his small group of allies started preparing for the arrival of Othinus, the person who had stolen Ollerus's chance at becoming a Magic God. Ollerus and his group played a big role in the world's efforts against Othinus and Gremlin, but ultimately their efforts failed when Othinus managed to fulfill her goal of making Gungnir. The battle with the Magic God left Ollerus a shadow of his former self after Othinus hit him with the same spell he had created to defeat her.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 5-B
Origin: To Aru Majutsu No Index
Classification: Human, Magician, Impure Magic God
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown
Durability: At least City level (Took the attacks of two saints in a heavily weakened form), likely Planet level via power-scaling
Stamina: High, should be superior to most normal magicians, including Saints, due to being an Imperfect Magic God
Range: Unknown, at least a few meters (Has only fought at short ranges, but he should have much higher range due to being one of the strongest magicians alive. Hliðskjálf has no apparent source and no clear mechanics, so its actual range is unknown)
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: High, especially in subjects related to magic; he almost became a Magic God and has absorbed the knowledge of several grimoires
Weaknesses: None notable
- Hliðskjálf (北欧王座 Hokuō Ōza (Furizusukyaruvu), lit. "Nordic Throne"): Named after Odin's throne, it is Ollerus' power to change his life energy and normal magical power into an unexplainable type of power. The power by its nature cannot be described, can't be explained, and can't be comprehended. The Hliðskjálf doesn't have any offensive function normally, but by forcefully using Hliðskjálf as an offensive power makes it even more unexplainable. He uses Hliðskjálf due to the fact that his own mana is too special and can't be used with normal magical powers, even if he applied knowledge of various grimoires. When used offensively, Hliðskjálf takes the form of an invisible spell that blows the enemy backwards. It does equal damage to every part of the body including internal organs. It has no identifiable source. According to Ollerus, this attack cannot be defended against, as the enemy cannot even begin to mount a defense against an attack using an unexplainable power coming from an incomprehensible place while not leaving them a chance to form a countermeasure.
- Wall of Explosions: When fighting against Othinus, Ollerus proved to be capable of summoning an endless barrage of several hundreds of millions of strange explosions to match Othinus' similar technique, seemingly filling all the air between them.
- Shapeshifting: Ollerus can take the form of other people, with his disguise being capable of fooling even Othinus. He was also capable of recreating Thor's magic.
- Regeneration: After Othinus severed his right arm while he was disguised as Thor to infiltrate Gremlin Ollerus proved to be capable of reconnecting the arm by merely pressing it against his shoulder, with the narration noting he didn't need to chant a spell or use any kind of talisman or spiritual item.
- Turn into a Fairy: An anti-god spell based out of the historical fact on how pagan gods were turned into fairies during the rise of Christianity. The spell appears as a glowing stake that comes out of the user's open palms and is used by piercing the target's chest. The spell, if working properly, is able to thoroughly destroy the interior of the target's body and otherwise depower the target. For example, Othinus Magic God's powers were tilted towards 0% chance of success after being hit by the spell, and while it took a long time, the spell eventually almost destroyed her if not for outside interference. Ollerus himself was reduced to the level of a normal magician after Othinus used his own spell against him.