|“||Willump and I have a whole world to explore. Don't get in our way!||„|
As unlikely a pair as anyone could find, Nunu and Willump relied on courage and tenacity to drive them through countless troubles in the Freljord. The boy and his Yeti searched far and wide for a place they’d both be welcome, and eventually found a home among the Avarosan.
Sometimes bonds of friendship become stronger than even bonds of blood. When those bonds link a fearless boy to a fearsome Yeti, the bond becomes a force to be reckoned with. Given the responsibility of taming a terrifying beast, Nunu forged a friendship where others would have forged chains. Now Nunu and his burly pal Willump are an inseparable pair who combine youthful exuberance and brute strength with the mythical powers of the Yeti to overcome obstacles insurmountable to any ordinary duo.
Nunu had only the vaguest memories of his parents or the time before he was part of the reclusive Frostguard tribe. Never welcome among his caretakers, Nunu's wanderlust and compassion often put him at odds with the tribe's elders and the boy frequently dreamed of places far beyond the shadow of the Frostguard citadel. Sometimes he would do more than just dream, much to the frustration of his minders. This was never more apparent than when Nunu was apprenticed to the tribe's beast master and charged with the care of the creatures under his yoke.
The Frostguard held a menagerie of the Freljord's wildlife at their beck and call, but unique among their collection was the Yeti: an uncommon creature with mystical qualities and raw physical strength. The beastmaster taught Nunu that it was only a lean diet of plants and regular whippings that kept the vicious beast tame, but the more time Nunu spent caring for the creature, the more he learned that the Yeti was no feral monster.
As he saw his new friend Willump growing weaker and sicker, Nunu began to sneak the Yeti scraps of meat, hoping to restore his health. Day by day, Willump grew stronger and not the slightest bit savage contrary to the beastmaster's claims. Nunu had hopes of convincing him that the Yeti possessed no danger, but it wasn't meant to be. The next time Nunu came to deliver Willump a meal, he found the Yeti's cage shattered, with only a crude drawing inside signaling the Yeti's farewell. Without hesitation, Nunu rushed into the wilderness in search of his friend.
When Nunu finally caught up to Willump, he found the Yeti cornered by the beastmaster alongside a group of Frostguard warriors. Afraid that the men would hurt his friend, Nunu threw himself between the Yeti and the beastmaster's lash, but the brutal man would not stay his hand. As the furious beastmaster raised his whip once more, the Yeti swelled up with uncharacteristic fury. Even after so much mistreatment, it wasn't concern for himself but for the boy who'd shown him kindness that finally pushed Willump too far. The Yeti raged and left the man bloodied in the snow.
Terrified by Willump's fury, the remaining Frostguard warriors fled. Nunu realized there was no going back. He yelled at Willump to run before the men returned to kill him, but the Yeti refused to leave the young boy. Nunu was faced with a hard choice: abandon his sole friend and lead a life of captivity with the Frostguard, or strike out into the harsh wilds and leave behind the only home he knew. Nunu chose the only path that made sense. Leaping onto the back of the mighty Yeti, Nunu joined Willump in his great escape. The pair took their first steps into the wide world from which they had been kept for so long.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Nunu, the Yeti Rider, Willump the Yeti
Origin: League of Legends
Classification: Human and Yeti
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled in hand-to-hand combat, Regeneration (Mid-low), Ice Manipulation, Willump can eat certain animals/monsters and absorb a portion of their power, Self Healing, Rage Power (Willump only), Can induce rage in his allies, Can increase his speed (Via Consume and Blood Boil), Size Manipulation
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Small Town Class
Durability: Small Town level+
Range: Melee range, Dozens of meters with ice magic
Standard Equipment: None notable
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Willump beats the opponent with his fists.
- Visionary: Nunu's next ability has no mana cost after 5 Visionary stacks, each basic attack grants 1 stack of Visionary.
- Consume: Nunu commands Willump to take a bite out of the target enemy minion or monster, dealing them true damage and healing himself. Casting Consume on a large monster grants Nunu a Well Fed stack, granting him 10 out-of-combat bonus movement speed, 2% maximum health, and increased size, stacking up to 5 times for a maximum 50 out-of-combat bonus movement speed and 10% maximum health. Well Fed stacks last for a duration, refreshing with each Consume cast.
- Blood Boil: Nunu grants the target ally or himself bonus attack speed and movement speed for 12 seconds. If cast on an ally, Nunu also gains the effect of Blood Boil, and if he targets himself, Blood Boil is also applied to the nearest allied champion within range.
- Ice Blast: Nunu throws a ball of ice at the target enemy, dealing them magic damage, slowing their attack speed by 25% and their movement speed for 3 seconds.
- Absolute Zero: Nunu channels for 3 seconds, slowing all nearby enemies' movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 25% as he does so. Upon completing the channel, he deals magic damage to all enemies in the area, reduced if the channel was interrupted, based on how long Nunu channeled. Moving ends its effects immediately.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Doran's Ring: Grants bonus health, mana regeneration, and ability power. Restores 4 mana upon killing an unit.
- Ninja Tabi: Grants bonus armor and movement speed. Reduces incoming damage from all basic attacks by 12%.
- Cinderhulk Tracker's Knife: Grants bonus health, lifesteal, and mana regeneration, and deals magic damage every second to nearby enemies. Basic attacks against monsters deal bonus damage, and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring health.
- Warding: Consumes a charge to place a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 150 seconds. Holds up to 2 charges which refill upon visiting the shop.
- Sunfire Cape: Grants bonus health and armor, and deals constant magic damage to nearby enemies.
- Frozen Heart: Grants bonus armor and cooldown reduction, and cripples nearby enemies' attack speed by 15%.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.