|“||Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world.||„|
|~ Night of Wallachia|
Night of Wallachia (ワラキアの夜, Warakia no Yoru), originally Zepia Eltnam Oberon (ズェピア・エルトナム・オベローン, Zuepia Erutonamu Oberōn), is the thirteenth Dead Apostle and the ancestor of Sion Eltnam Atlasia. Zepia was a great alchemist, but he ultimately drove himself insane through his predictions, realizing that there was no future in which humanity would not be exterminated, and sought to oppose this law. To this end, he became a Dead Apostle, and through a deal with Altrouge Brunestud and the Crimson Moon, he was transformed into TATARI (タタリ, TATARI), a living phenomenon. In this form, he would appear in pre-calculated areas, given shape and power by the rumors and fears within the community, until the Crimson Moon would finally reappear and return him to his original form.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-B
Name: Zepia Eltnam Oberon, Night of Wallachia, TATARI
Origin: Melty Blood
Age: Unknown, presumably at least 500 years old
Classification: 13th Dead Apostle Ancestor, Living Phenomenon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Magecraft, Precognition, Shapeshifting, Darkness Manipulation, Reality Warping, can materialize the fears of others as physical beings, can empower people, Mind Manipulation, Information Manipulation (Manifests through "Malignant Information" and absorbs and reconstructs the information of those he kills), Immortality (Types 1, 3, 6, 7 and 8), Regeneration (Mid-Godly; Even if TATARI is completely destroyed, it will return as long as certain conditions are met. Not even the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception can destroy it), Non-Corporeal (Exists as an abstract phenomenon)
Attack Potency: At least City level (While his abilities are not based around destruction, Dead Apostle Ancestors are comparable to Servants, and he can manifest himself in various forms of varying strength based on fears and rumors, such as Nrvnqsr Chaos, Kouma Kishima, and an Arcueid that has given into her bloodlust, though he lacks the power to manifest her at the full extent of her power).
Speed: Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic combat speed (Dead Apostle Ancestors can keep up with Servants, such as Saber). Likely Nigh-Omnipresent as TATARI (His spiritual essence is dispersed across the world and he manifests wherever, as long as the conditions for his manifestation are met).
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least City Class.
Durability: At least City level. His nature as a non-corporeal abstract phenomenon makes him very difficult to kill.
Stamina: Virtually infinite.
Range: Kilometers (Can affect the entirety of a city).
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable.
Intelligence: Extremely high. Wallachia is a highly capable alchemist and mage, the former head of the Eltnam family. In his time, his alchemical knowledge and skill was unparalleled. He became a Dead Apostle through his own research, and was able to calculate TATARI and all the locations in which it would appear.
Weaknesses: Wallachia is arrogant and insane. The appearance of the Crimson Moon (the Moon from 1000 years of the future) will seal away all of his TATARI-related powers, rendering him much weaker. He requires a strong concentration of fears and rumors in the area to even surface.
Dead Apostle: Wallachia is a Dead Apostle, a superhuman, immortal, vampiric undead being that has refined their inherent human beings throughout their unnatural lifespan, allowing them to reach supernatural levels of strength. Due to the nature of his Reality Marble, he is nearly impossible to kill. While immortal, he must continuously feed on blood to maintain this immortality, otherwise his body will turn to ash.
TATARI is Wallachia's Reality Marble. TATARI allows for the manifestation of a region's rumors and fears into physical entities. Unlike a normal Reality Marble that is an inner reality with a constantly fixed form, differing from the outside world, TATARI is something that "takes form from nearby humans" and applies it to the surrounding area. As a type of Reality Marble, the contents of it are still separate from the world around it despite seemingly being integrated with it. Even the strongest Dead Apostle can not maintain a Reality Marble for more than a single night, so Wallachia's activity is only limited to one night after it is activated.
Wallachia exists as a phenomenon with "nothing" at its core. His body normally exists in a dispersed state. It would normally be that the soul's separation from the body causes it to fall into nothing, but the diffusion of his strong spiritual elements allowed them to remain in this world. Once certain conditions are met, Wallachia's dispersed spiritual elements can converge upon rumors and fears, effectively allowing him to be born anew.
It is not something that exists within the world, but it is different than those of the Twenty-seven that cannot be said to truly exist or have died but still exist after having lost their bodies. The Night of Wallachia does not exist in any sense. It is a Dead Apostle that cannot exist unless certain conditions are met, but will live forever as long as they are met.
- Malignant Copies: A physical manifestation of a rumor. If the focus of the rumors are alive, it will imitate them, possess them, and change into them. They take on either the complete will of the original, only skewed towards the basis of the rumor, or sometimes may take on a mix of both the original and TATARI. They still act familiar with those close to them, but use TATARI's knowledge and mannerisms in latter cases. If only one person holds the materialized fear, it will not have enough strength of rumor for a full conceptualization. Sion mentions anyone could beat it in that state, even if it is a Dead Apostle Ancestor. The strength the copies can reproduce is limited by Wallachia's strength, so he can only draw on around thirty percent of the unhinged Arcueid's potential. Extreme strength can also lead to copies with complete free will upon manifestation.
- Receivers: It is possible that TATARI itself will not directly manifest, and will instead have a person act as an antenna for its abilities. It can sometimes reside in those humans who share the same wavelength. Those possessed exhibit no outward change, but everything proceeds along according to their thoughts. Those around the main receiver channeling TATARI will act as antennas that gather rumors from the Receiver acting as a "third party." They will gain abilities depending on what the thoughts are about, but it will only be an extension of their abilities. They will completely become TATARI at midnight if they aren't defeated.
- Night on the Blood Liar: A rapidly swirling torrent of virtual information resembling a black tornado of such magnitude that is even capable of having an effect on the physical world. It allows him to suck blood in such quantities as massive as entire cities, allowing others to call him a blood drinker.
Alchemy (錬金術, Renkinjutsu) is a school of magic that aims at the study and manipulation of the flow of matter.
- Memory Partition: The ability of the alchemists of Atlas. Through this power, Wallachia can process multiple different thoughts at once and can predict the future through sheer intelligence and mental calculations. He used this ability to calculate TATARI and predict all the places in which it would appear in the future. It is also the root of his insanity, as, in all of his predictions, he could not find one in which humanity did not perish.
- Thought Acceleration: The main magecraft of Atlas alchemists. It is fairly simple in function, merely speeding up the thought processes of its user by a considerable amount, allowing them to effectively use Memory Partition to its full potential.