|“||The stars can be plucked from the sky so easily, so why are you so desperate to reach them? It’s not even remotely logical, but humans are creatures filled with that sort of passion, aren’t they? That movement of your hearts is the one thing I’m honestly jealous of.||„|
Nephthys (ネフティス, Nefutisu) is a "bizarre magician", a magic god, who dwells in a territory beyond a certain layer of the world. Nephthys was the goddess said in Egyptian mythology to have shed large tears upon the death of Osiris, but strangely enough, no other stories were known about her. For that reason, some speculated her divinity had been built up by human hands based on the “crying woman” hired to attend funerals. She later on weakens herself by splitting up her infinite power into infinite parts, so that she can exist in the real world without destroying it.
Nephthys was created through the combined efforts of thousands of slaves and servants buried alive inside their pharaoh's tomb.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 1-C | High 1-C | At least 6-B, likely higher, possibly High 6-A with a one-use High 1-C action
Origin: To Aru Majutsu No Index
Age: At least 4000 years
Classification: Magic God
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Reality Warping, Time Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Teleportation, Matter Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Sensory Manipulation, Changing the laws of nature, Death Manipulation, Existing in non-existent places, Mathematics Manipulation, Durability Negation, can turn her body into sand, her crying can cause matter to vibrate and turn to ash and it can also manipulate emotions, Regeneration (Mid, possibly up to High), and Immortality (Types 1, 3 and 4) | All prior, except existing in non-existent places | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, can turn her body into sand, her crying can cause matter to vibrate and turn to ash and it can also manipulate emotions, and Immortality (Type 1)
Attack Potency: High Complex Multiverse level (Much more powerful than Othinus, would accidentally destroy the world by moving an arm or a leg since she's too big of an existence for the world) | High Complex Multiverse level (Restricted to 1/∞ of her strength so as to not accidentally break the world) | At least Country level (Niang-Niang and Nephthys stated that a fight between them and High Priest would likely at least sink all of Japan into the ocean, comparable to other nerfed Magic Gods), likely higher; possibly Large Continent level (High Priest easily defeated Fiamma of the Right, though Fiamma didn't use his Holy Right; Tezcatlipoca's attacks are described as possibly being capable of destroying the Windowless Building, which tanked Accelerator's throwing 5 minutes worth of Earth's rotational energy at it) with a one-use High Complex Multiverse level (She can user her Phase Manipulation powers once) action
Speed: Immeasurable (Exists in the hidden world, in which the concepts of time and distance don´t apply) | Unknown | Unknown
Lifting Strength: Unknown. At least Superhuman, likely much higher
Striking Strength: Unknown.
Durability: High Complex Multiverse level | High Complex Multiverse level, hard to kill due to layering her existence infinitely | At least Country level (The nerfed Magic Gods can fight between them without killing each other, treating it more like a way to play and release stress), likely higher, possibly Large Continent level
Stamina: Limitless | Limitless | Superhuman
Range: Multiversal+ | Universal+ | Likely at least hundreds of kilometers, possibly planetary
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Very high, as a Magic God Nephthys has completely mastered magic. Magic Gods can visualize and comprehend things above human understanding
Weaknesses: None notable | None notable | Has lost most of her access to her Reality Warping powers and the abilities derived from that, being only able to use them once
- Crying: Nephthys is able to emit a shrill cry which can selectively cause matter to vibrate intensely and turn to ash. According to Niang-Niang she can also use her crying to manipulate the emotions of other people, be it through tears of joy, anger, sorrow, awe, etc.
- Mummy Body: Due to her secondary organs being separate from her main body, Nephthys is capable of making use of them to escape if something happens to her main body, such as being 'exiled' by World Rejecter, with part of her consciousness split off, though having more than 99% of her body exiled away still took away almost all of her remaining strength, and her escape merely delayed her death.
- Sand Body: As her body is a collection of the dust that mummies become as they vanish into the flow of time, Nephthys is capable of turning her body into a small sandstorm that can change at a microscopic level.
- Zombie's Existence Layering Spell: A spell that allows a Magic God to walk in the world without destroying it, which works by infinitely dividing their power in order to deliberately weaken themselves. Even though this spell weakens a Magic God, it essentially makes them unkillable as their existences are eternally layered, preventing from truly getting killed unless all of the infinite layers of their existences are killed. This spell can only be used by Zombie, but it was used on the other magic gods before they all entered the world, giving them the same attributes.
- Dividing Power: Due to her divinity originating from the crying woman from funerals - in particular the thousands of servants buried alive in a pyramid for a pharaoh's burial, Nephthys differs from other Magic Gods in that while others thoroughly honed their powers as an individual, she specializes her power as something which can be separated, split apart, cut away and swapped out. Because of this, even after being weakened by Aleister's spell, Nephthys is still capable of destroying the world and shifting the phases once.
Key: Base | Under Zombie's Spell | After Aleister's Hijacking Spell