|“||A being awakened by Kuja's fear, despair, and hatred...||„|
|~ Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania|
Necron (永遠の闇, Eien no Yami?, lit. Eternal Darkness) is the final boss of Final Fantasy IX, appearing in the area Hill of Despair and represents death itself. Necron's ultimate goal is to reduce everything to nothingness. Its appearance is somewhat of a mystery, as it arrives unexpectedly at the end of the game and its character is never fully explained.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 5-A
Origin: Final Fantasy IX
Classification: An entity of Eternal Darkness, as it represents death itself
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Elemental Manipulation, Flight, Barrier Creation, Energy Blasts, Healing (Mid-Low), Telekinesis, Summoning of meteors, Immortality (Types 1, 2, and 8. One can banish it temporarily, but it's far from dead when one does)
Speed: Relativistic+ (Easily kept up with the party)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Dwarf Star Class
Durability: At least Dwarf Star level (Took attacks from Zidane's party right after they fought Kuja, extremely difficult to kill off permanently on account of being some physical representation of death)
Stamina: Extremely high
Range: Extended melee range. Planetary with magic.
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Necron resolves to destroy the Crystal, and thus revert everything to a “Zero World” of perpetual nothingness, he watches and observes everything and makes his decision based off of the actions of others. In combat, it proves its power by wielding all of the most powerful elemental spells in the game along with the devastating Grand Cross and Neutron Ring spells.
Weaknesses: Necron is vulnerable to Holy-elemental and Wind-elemental attacks.
- Blizzaga: Freezes his opponents in a massive shard of ice to deal heavy ice-elemental damage.
- Blue Shockwave: Forces an opponent onto their last legs, regardless of their remaining stamina and overall durability.
- Firaga: Launches a powerful fireball to deal heavy fire-elemental damage.
- Grand Cross: Randomly inflicts any status effect in the game with a burst of light, including poison, freezing, blindness, muteness, paralysis, delayed or instant death, slowing or stopping time around an opponent, petrifying, or overheating the opponent so that they die upon their next action.
- Neutron Ring: Realigns the plants of the solar system into a ring, generating a space-time distortion that annihilates all of them to deal massive non-elemental damage.
- Protect: Generates a barrier that reduces the damage taken from incoming physical attacks.
- Shell: Generates a barrier that reduces the damage taken from incoming magical attacks.
- Thundaga: Summons a huge thunderstorm to deal heavy lightning-elemental damage.