|“||When lost in utter darkness, there is nothing left but forward.||„|
Once, Nautilus was a sailor commissioned by the Institute of War to explore the uncharted reaches of the Guardian's Sea. This expedition took him deep into unknown waters where he and his crew found a vast section of the ocean's rich blue waves were replaced by a black, oozing liquid that none of the crew could identify. Though their job was to investigate anything new that they found, no man aboard was willing to brave the murk except Nautilus. Only moments after he donned the hulking diver's suit and climbed over the ship's rail, something lurking in the muck grabbed hold of him. He clung to the side of the ship, but the thing below pulled him fiercely, rocking the entire ship. The other sailors grew afraid and made a terrible decision. As he stared and pled for help, they wrenched his grip free of the rail. He tumbled to the ink, grabbing the anchor in futile desperation. As he sank, he could do nothing but watch as the dark outline of his ship faded away. Then everything went black.
When Nautilus awoke, he was something different. The great iron suit was now somehow part of him, he could not tell where it ended and he began. All the details of his memory were fuzzy and indistinct but one fact remained clear: he was left here, alone in the sunless depths, to die. In his hands he still clutched the anchor that belonged to the men who had condemned him. Having no other purpose, he took this clue and trudged - too heavy to swim or run – in search of answers. He wandered without direction or sense of passing time in what felt like an eternal dream. By the time he stumbled upon the shores of Bilgewater, he could find no traces of the man he was. No house, no family, no life to which he could return. Terrified sailors who'd heard his tale directed Nautilus back to the Institute, but the summoners refused to relinquish the names of the others they commissioned. By then Nautilus had learned about the League of Legends and there he saw an opportunity to discover and punish those responsible for the time and life he lost.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 6-C | At least High 6-A
Name: Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Likely in his 40s or 50s)
Classification: Magically Altered Human, Wanderer, Former Sailor and Ocean Diver
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Can survive without oxygen, Very skilled with an anchor, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Forcefield creation, Limited Water Manipulation, Can create large shockwaves in the ground, Can fire depth charges from his body
Attack Potency: Island level (Singlehandedly defeated half of the Black Mist that was going to destroy Bilgewater, the equivalent of the combined force of Miss Fortune, Gangplank, and two entire armadas) | At least Multi-Continent level (Comparable to Worldbreaker Trundle, who froze all of the oceans of Runeterra solid)
Striking Strength: Island Class | Multi-Continent Class
Durability: Island level (Survived fighting half of the Black Mist) | At least Multi-Continent level
Range: Extended melee range to several meters with anchor, Dozens of meters with spells | Hundreds of meters via size, likely planetary
Standard Equipment: Anchor
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Nautilus slams the opponent with his anchor. Augmented by Staggering Blow and Titan's Wrath.
- Staggering Blow: Nautilus's basic attacks deal bonus physical damage and root his target. This effect cannot occur on the same target more than once every few seconds.
- Dredge Line: Nautilus hurls his anchor forward in a line. If it hits an enemy, Nautilus drags them to him and simultaneously dashes to them, dealing them magic damage and briefly stunning them. If the anchor hits terrain, Nautilus dashes to the very end of its path and halves Dredge Line's cooldown.
- Titan's Wrath: Nautilus shields himself for up to 10 seconds, causing his basic attacks to deal bonus magic damage over 2 seconds to his target and all enemies around them while the shield holds.
- Riptide: Nautilus creates 3 waves of explosions that radiate from him, each dealing magic damage to all enemies hit and slowing them by an amount decaying over 1.5 seconds. Enemies can be hit by multiple waves, with each wave beyond the first dealing half damage.
- Depth Charge: Nautilus sends out a depth charge that chases a target enemy champion, knocking them up for 1 second and stunning them on arrival. Any enemies hit along the way are also dealt magic damage and knocked up for 0.5 seconds.
- Face of the Mountain: Grants bonus health, regeneration, and cooldown reduction. Also instantly executes weak minions healing the owner and a nearby ally. This effect requires an ally to be in close proximity of the wielder.
- Deadly Phalanx: Grant a shield to the wielder or a target ally for 4 seconds. After 4 seconds, the shield explodes, dealing magic damage and slowing nearby enemies regardless of if the shield remained intact.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Ruby Sightstone: Grants bonus health and reduces item cooldowns.
- Warding: Consumes a charge to place a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 150 seconds. Holds up to 4 charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.
- Boots of Mobility: Grants bonus movement speed that increases when out of combat.
- Cinderhulk Tracker's Knife: Grants bonus health, lifesteal, and mana regeneration, and deals magic damage every second to nearby enemies. Basic attacks against monsters deal bonus damage, and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring health.
- Warding: Consumes a charge to place a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 150 seconds. Holds up to 2 charges which refill upon visiting the shop.
- Frozen Heart: Grants bonus armor and cooldown reduction, and cripples nearby enemies' attack speed by 15%.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.
Key Base | Worldbreaker Nautilus