Nanotechnology ("nanotech") is the manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale. In fiction a nanotechnology usually means the use of nanobots, ie microscopic robots able to penetrate living organisms (but not only) to perform a wide variety of functions (from treatment to destruction).
- Providing partial or complete immortality.
- Providing partial or complete resistance to various external influences (here also include the ability to adapt to these impacts).
- Imitation of superhuman physical characteristics.
- Manipulation with different technological devices.
- Manipulation with organic matter, and not only at the micro level (here also include body control, manipulation of form, it is also possible improvement, as well as some types of absorption).
- Intangibility (due to the fact that the body itself is composed entirely of nanobots).