For detailed information about this series, visit the My Hero Academia Wiki.
My Hero Academia (僕のヒーローアカデミア, Boku no Hīrō Academia) is a manga written and illustrated by Kōhei Horikoshi and is published in Weekly Shonen Jump. The first chapter was published on July 7, 2014 in issue 32 of Weekly Shonen Jump. The manga is very Westernized, having a similar style to American Comics. It also breaks away from the cliché Shounen main protagonist as being very powerful and wild from the start.
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year old Izuku Midoriya faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated "Hero Academies" in the country: Yuuei. With the help of his idol All Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
Power of the Verse
As of now the verse isn't very powerful, but it is a young series with much yet to be revealed. The universe does have many super-powered heroes/villains with crazy "Quirk" abilities (paranormal genetic mutations), but most of the strong ones usually have a sound weakness. The top tiers in the setting, All Might and All For One, are Large Mountain busters that can move at Supersonic speeds. The majority of combatants in this universe possess Small Building level physical strength and have access to one or two special abilities that can increase their damage output. Due to the diverse and atypical nature of quirks, most fights are equal part contest of strength and part battle of wits to trap the opponent into being hit by the quirk.
- Hatsume Mei's Durability (Scales to the weakest students)
- Fumikage Tokoyami's Durability (Scales to most of the students and anyone comparable)
- Kyoka Jiro's Attack Potency (Scales to physical quirks)
- Shouto Todoroki's Attack Potency (Scales to the strongest students, pro heroes and anyone comparable)
- Yo Shindo's Large Bulding level+ Feat (Scales to 100% Izuku, Todoroki's maximum fire, Muscular, and Gran Torino)
- All Might's Attack Potency (Scales to the top tiers)
- Shouto Todoroki's Attack Speed (Scales to most of the students and comparable characters)
- All Might's Casual Speed (Scales to the top tiers)
Supporters / Opponents of the Verse
- Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer
- Hst master
- Magi Hussie
- Celestial Pegasus
- Arrogant Schmuck