Murmur is an incredibly powerful elemental born when the Universe was created, about whom little is known. The Shadow Council inhabiting the Shadow Labyrinth summoned it for their nefarious purposes, but seem to be having trouble keeping him under control. Its history is briefly documented in the Codex of Blood, which reveals Murmur is the primordial essence of sound.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknown. Likely 6-C
Age: Unknown. Was supposedly born at the dawn of time
Classification: Elemental Spirit, Primordial Essence of Soud
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 1 and 8), Resurrection (Elemental Spirits whose physical bodies are destroyed will reanimate themselves on their home planet. Likely not combat applicable), Sound Manipulation and possibly Magnetism Manipulation
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown. Likely Island level
Durability: Unknown. Likely Island level
Range: At least hundreds of kilometers (His summoning damaged the necropolis Auchindoun and leveled the surrounding forests)
Standard Equipment: Shockwave Truncheon
Intelligence: Unknown, has supposedly existed since the dawn of time, but seems naive (ignored the creatures that summoned it)
Weaknesses: Not being summoned to full strength, naive or apathetic.
Note: Due to contradictions with lore introduced later in the franchise and the unreliability of the source of the statements, the summoner from a different planet who wrote the The Codex of Blood (statements implying that Murmur has existed since the dawn of time, that it has destroyed planets), Murmur has been placed in a tier comparable to the Elemental Lords of Azeroth.
- Sonic Boom: Builds up and releases a powerful wave of sonic energy outwards.
- Murmur's Touch: Places a vortex of sound on a target, that explodes with violent force, launching the victim.
- Magnetic Pull: Randomly charges a victim with energy, yanking them towards him, and launches Shockwave.
- Shockwave: Blasts a powerful jet of hypersonic energy at point-blank range.
- Resonance: Continuously echos a sound-wave on a frequency that cannot be heard, but increases Murmur's sonic potency against victims of Resonance.
- Magnetic Pull: When agitated or engaged on multiple fronts, Murmur will combine his Touch and his Pull, throwing people around and blasting them with Shockwave.
- Thundering Storm: The name is misleading, as it's not electricity, but powerful sonic energy. It latches onto a target and constantly "shocks" them, becoming more powerful with every moment they're being "shocked".