|“||It's okay to lose to opponent, but never okay to lose to fear.||„|
Kesuke Miyagi is a Okinawan martial arts master who fled to America to avoid a fight to the death challenged to him by his former best friend. When in the states he was placed in the Manzanar Japanese internment camp. He later joined the U.S. army in WWII, even receiving a Medal of Honor for his service. However while he was away at war his wife and son died in the camp due to complications with childbirth. This tragedy led him to isolate himself from society and turn to alcohol to drown his sorrows. His life changes when he defends a high school student named Daniel from being beaten to near death by a gang of bullies. After that night he reluctantly accepts the kid as a karate student, with their relationship helping him cope with the loss he's suffered with for decades.
Powers and Stats
Name: Mr. Miyagi, Kesuke Miyagi, Nariyoshi Miyagi
Origin: Karate Kid film series
Classification: Human, Medal of Honor Recipient, Martial Arts Teacher, Handyman
Attack Potency: Street level (Curbstomped Choze, who kicked off a piece of a stone statue. Chopped a large wooden support beam in half. Able to defeat numerous grown men, martial arts masters, army veterans and armed fighters at once casually)
Speed: Peak Human (Able to land hits on extremely trained fighters with little to no difficulty) with Superhuman reactions (Caught a flying arrow from a highly skilled archer. Can completely easily dodge attacks from Karate masters and weapons experts without even taking a stance)
Lifting Strength: Athlete level (Effortlessly broke a grown man's grip and pushed him several meters back)
Striking Strength: Street Class (Far stronger than Daniel who could defeat Choze and break a foot of ice with his bare hands. Was stated to be capable of killing a Peak Human fighter in a single hit)
Durability: Street level (Tanked a full power hit directly to the spine by Choze while he was using a weapon)
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Extremely knowledgeable in martial arts, medicine, gardening and philosophy.
Weaknesses: Mr. Miyagi is an extremely merciful pacifist, always sparing his opponents and willing to even escape his home country to avoid conflict. Also plays around with fighters from time to time.
- Wax On, Wax Off: This technique refers to a drill Mr. Miyagi teaches Daniel in order to master blocking. This particular block (often referred to as the Chudan Uke in Karate) is performed in a circular motion, preventing oncoming attacks towards a fighter from hitting the person's face or body.
- Paint The House: Another nickname given to the Karate block Kakuto Uke, where by sticking one's wrist out and striking the arms in an upward motion, they block attacks in a similar motion to stroking a paintbrush up and down.
- Sand The Floor: A downward block which involves swinging the hands below one's waist, moving them like one would if they were sanding a floor. Unlike Wax On, Wax Off and Paint The House, which are meant to intercept punches aimed at the face and body, Sand The Floor is for blocking kicks towards the legs, groin and body.
- Honk: A psyche out technique Mr. Miyagi often uses after beating an opponent. He first pretends that it'll be the finishing blow that ends the opponent's life, but instead follows with a playful tap on the nose. Despite not causing any physical harm, the intimidation factor of it has caused numerous fighters to lose their will to fight and even faint.
- Drum Technique: A form of dodging where the martial artist rotates their body from side to side, much like how a Japanese pellet drum is played.
- Crane Kick: A variation of a jumping front kick where one stands on a single foot and raises their arms up spread outward (resembling a position a crane bird would make) The fighter then jumps off the foot they are standing on and kicks with the other. This is Mr. Miyagi's ultimate technique and is extremely difficult to dodge or block when executed correctly.