Monkey D. Garp is a Marine vice admiral. He is the father of Monkey D. Dragon, the grandfather of Monkey D. Luffy, and the adoptive grandfather of Portgas D. Ace. He took charge of both Coby and Helmeppo's training. After the war, he became a Marine Instructor to train new recruits, though still retaining the rank of vice admiral.
Powers and Stats
Name: Monkey D. Garp
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Marine, Vice-Admiral, Instructor
Age: 76 Pre Time-Skip, 78 Post Time-Skip
Attack Potency: Country level via power-scaling (Frequently fought with Gol D. Roger; Stated to have destroyed mountains by using them as punching bags. He is hailed as the hero of the marines, being among the most notable and powerful marines in history. In his prime, he was worthy of being promoted to Admiral, but he always turned down the offer in order to keep his vacation time.)
Lifting Strength: Class T (Lifted and tossed a humongous iron ball with one hand, and is regarded as one of the most physically powerful characters in the verse)
Striking Strength: Country Class (Frequently traded blows with Gol D. Roger)
Stamina: As a Top Tier, his stamina reserves should be unparalleled by One Piece standards, may have declined somewhat with age however
Range: Standard melee range, higher by throwing cannonballs
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Highly experienced and adept fighter, should possess formidable ability to marshal tropes as he held the post of Vice Admiral for 27+ years and led the marines from the front lines since Gol D. Roger's time, the former Fleet Admiral Kong also repeatedly tried to promote him to the rank of Admiral, which indicates he boasts outstanding strategic intelligence and tactical skills
- Haki: There are normally two types of Haki regular people can tap into: the Kenbunshoku Haki which allows individuals to sense the presence of others, and Busoshoku Haki which allows individuals to create an invisible armor around them. There is however a third type of Haki, Haoshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. It is currently unknown if Garp is one of these people.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): Garp's application with this type of Haki has no defined limitations, but he should be advanced with this ability seeing as how he can easily overpower other Busoshoku Haki users with ease.
- Busoshoku: Koka (Color of Armaments: Hardening): Garp uses Busōshoku Haki to drastically harden parts of his body (typically his fists). Basically, whereas basic Busoshoku Haki surrounds the users body with a hard armor, Koka hardens the body itself, giving a larger increase in attack power.
- Ai yaru Kobushi (Fist performing Love): A punch Garp uses to discipline Luffy, as well as Ace during his childhood.
- Genkotsu Meteor (Fist Meteorite): Garp throws a cannonball. Duo to his inhuman strength he can throw them easily and their power surpasses that of cannonballs fired from actual cannons.
- Genkotsu Ryuseigun (Fist Meteor Shower): Garp continuously throws cannonballs in quick succession.