Miroku Amagi (天戯 弥勒 Amagi Miroku?) is the main antagonist of Psyren and the founder of W.I.S.E. He desires a world inhabited by only psi users and to make this dream a reality, he founded the organization of W.I.S.E., and, through this group, he was able to somehow draw the asteroid known as Ouroborous to Earth and completely reshape the entire planet into a new world. In the future, it is known to survivors as Psyren, where creatures known as Tavoo exist.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C | Possibly 6-A
Name: Miroku Amagi, Grigori #06
Age: 19 | Unknown
Classification: Human, PSI-User
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics with Rise, Can control PSI Energy, Memory Manipulation and Mind Control via Malkuth, Life Manipulation and Absorption (via Tifereth), Regeneration (Low-Mid with Tifereth), Can create vines and branches via Sephiroth seeds for offense, defense and mobility, Aura (Fear type, only against those who can perceive him psychically) | Presumably all prior in addition to Energy Projection with Opening Gate, Creation and Biological Manipulation (Can alter different species or create entire new species of life with Keter)
Attack Potency: Building level (was able to tear a two-floor house to pieces with Sephiroth: Gevurah) | Possibly Continent level (Destroyed Quat Nevas with the help of Grana)
Speed: Unknown | Unknown
Lifting Strength: Unknown | Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown | Unknown
Stamina: Superhuman | Higher than base. Due to his body being constructed completely of life energy, he is capable of continuing to survive for several minutes even with the bottom half of his torso destroyed.
Range: Extended melee range normally; several dozen meters with PSI powers, | Hundreds of kilometers with Sephiroth: Opening Gate (while on Earth's surface, he destroyed Quat Nevas who was likely in low Earth Orbit at the time)
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable
Weaknesses: None notable
- Sephiroth (生命の樹 (セフィロト) Seimei no Ki (Sefiroto), lit. "Tree of Life"): This ability starts off as Seeds of Light which can be planted in any spot to "take root". They can also take root in human bodies, as seen with Inui when he planted a Sephirot seed in him to be used as a from of Trance to control him through hypnosis. The seeds can also be dropped into a surface to grow vines, which can then be used as a trap to entwine his opponent or as stepping stones to cross unwalkable areas, such as water. The seeds also have the power to grow into trees so as to use his many tree-like forms for attack and defense.
- Sephiroth: Gevurah (生命の樹"峻厳"(セフィロト ゲブラー), Seimei no Ki "Shungen" (Sefiroto Keburā), lit. "Tree of Life - Strict"): Miroku can create a full grown lightning-like tree at any location he desires which pierces everything. The power limit of this attack has yet to be revealed, but it appears to be extremely powerful, as it allowed Miroku to finish off all of the Elmore Wood children in one blow in the altered version of the future seen in the tape. This attack does not have to grow completely into a tree in order for Miroku to utilize its power as he been shown release just a few branches when attacking Grana in their first battle. He can grow the tree as high as his mind will allow for others to see and follow to his location or extend the length to reach its target from long range. The Sephirot: Gevurah branches can also be used to wrap around Miroku, creating a sphere-like defense around his body that can block most attacks.
- Sephiroth: Malkuth (生命の樹"王国"(セフィロト マルクト), Seimei no Ki " ōkoku"(Sefiroto Marukuto), lit. "Tree of Life - Kingdom"): Miroku can plant his Sephirot seed inside a human body. Unlike normal plants that gain nutrients from soil and sunlight, the Sephirot seeds drain human life force from humans, instantly killing them with Sephiroth trees coming out of their mouths. Before the draining process starts, Miroku must signal for the process to begin, essentially allowing him to prepare in advance for future battles. He has been shown planting them in bystanders who don't have the necessary skills or senses to know they have been planted in the first place. After this, he can use Sephirot: Tifereth.
- Sephiroth: Tifereth (生命の樹 美（セフィロト ティファレト）, Seimei no Ki "Bi" (Sefiroto Tifareto), lit. "Tree of Life - Beauty"): Using all the life force taken by using Sephirot: Malkuth, he can force the life force into himself to use as his own power, essentially using it as food and to regenerate himself back to life as seen in his first fight with Grana when he took an attack that would have killed him if it was not for this technique. This is described as a power that stands above all life. With this ability Miroku describes himself as the "puppeteer of life." Miroku has used this technique so much that his body is no longer made of flesh and bones, it is only life energy. His body cracks when struck and can still live even after being cut in half.
- Sephiroth: Opening Gate: After absorbing the life force of helpless victims with his Sephirot: Malkuth, the life force forms into what appears to be souls and gives birth to a giant Sephiroth: Gevurah in the shape of a flower with a black sphere at the center of the Sephiroth: Gevurah flower. Soon the flower opens up and the black sphere forms another but smaller black sphere on top with a circle of text in between. The smaller sphere then fires a large life-powered beam of PSI energy at his target.
- Sephiroth: Keter: This is the final power of Amagi's Sephiroth ability. It uses an extensive amount of life energy that can be used to create life to the point of a whole new species being capable of created.
Key: Base | Future Miroku