Mifune was once a member of a mafia family, operating as the Godfather, Marlon's, bodyguard and right-hand agent. During his early employment, Mifune was called to meet with Marlon to discuss an assignment he was to be given. Marlon explains to Mifune that some of his associates had managed to track down a Witch in the possession of a rival family, and that Mifune's assignment was to capture the Witch. Upon capture, Mifune was to kill the Witch and deliver her Soul back to Marlon for a large pay.
After a large battle that ultimately leaves all of the rival family's forces dead in a public restaurant, Mifune is left standing in the middle of the building as the sole victor. Suddenly, Mifune is approached by a small voice, asking him if he had come to kill the person speaking. Mifune quickly turns around as the person continues to speak; it is here where the voice is revealed to be coming from the Witch Angela Leon. She goes on to further explain to Mifune that her death is what is sought for by everyone she has met, and describes how she is always surrounded by death and murder. As the two briefly stare at each other, Angela's age and restrained body draw Mifune's attention, and he openly realizes that the child standing in front of him was the Witch he was assigned to kill.
Mifune then disobeys his orders, and instead, flees with Angela to a boat cargo container yard. As the two hide from Marlon's men, two family members are shown looking for Mifune. One family member questions the other as to what he believes Mifune was thinking when he decided to save the Witch, as the pay for her Soul would have been extremely high. The family members then run off in another direction, and Mifune and Angela escape. Upon realizing that they were safe, Mifune gives one of his "Konbu" candies to Angela, and the two begin their relationship.
It is unknown what exactly happens after these events, but what can be told is that Mifune had established with Angela that he would be her guardian, protecting her from forces like the ones she had so far had to endure. The two also somehow make their way to Magic Castle Cinder, where they stay until the events of Soul Eater.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-B
Origin: Soul Eater
Age: Unknown (Likely in his thirties)
Classification: Human, Samurai
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Swordsman, Infinite One-Sword Style (Not only serves as his style but also allows him to manipulate his own swords via some sort of superpowered connection to them.)
Speed: At least Hypersonic+ (Reacted to Asuza's sniper bullets from a rather close distance)
Lifting Strength: Class 1
Striking Strength: At least City-Block Class
Durability: At least City-Block level (Took numerous blows from Black☆Star)
Range: Extended melee range normally, a few dozen meters when using his swords as projectiles
Standard Equipment: Dozens of katanas
Intelligence: Skilled combatant
Weaknesses: His soft side and caring side towards children
- Infinite One-Sword Style: Mifune's Infinite One-Sword Style is a fairly unique style of sword fighting. Rather than relying on a single good quality blade Mifune makes use of hundreds of katana scattered around the battlefield. Mifune does not care about the quality of the blades he uses, and uses a variety of moves making use of a single blade, or even multiple blades at the same time.
- Three Paths Shot: Mifune grabs onto three of his swords and throws them onto the ground creating a path. Then running along these swords Mifune grabs onto a fourth one and uses it to directly attack the opponent.
- Addition (1-12 Blows): Mifune moves at high speeds to attack his enemy. After each hit he will let go of his sword to quickly use another to let him attack from different angles while his enemy is stunned from his previous blow. This leaves his enemy covered with twelve swords.
- Multiplication (Twenty Four Blows): Mifune will follow his Addition Blows with this attack. He strikes the swords that he left around his enemy from his Addition Blows which ends up cutting his enemy with the twelve swords all over again.
- Sword Fang: Mifune begins by hitting three swords standing parallel to each other. They are hit near the end, causing all three of them to slash upwards, in the manner of a "fang".
- Vertical Line: Following his Sword Fang the three swords hover in the air where Mifune will use the sword in his hand to hit and thereby launch them at the enemy.
- Disorderly Line: Mifune initiates this technique by spinning the current sword in his hand in a circular motion having several swords float around him. Following this; Mifune is able to keep the several swords floating around him, using them to conduct numerous other attacks, while integrating even more swords as he continues. The technique itself is extremely versatile, combining both a powerful defense with an overwhelming offense, while still retaining the ability to effortlessly switch between the two.