|“||It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.||„|
|~ Pokédex (Red/Blue)|
Mewtwo is a Psychic Type Legendary Pokémon. Cloned from Mew, Mewtwo eventually broke free of the mansion in which it was created and escaped to the wild.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least Low 6-B, possibly 6-B | At least High 6-A | Low 5-B | High 5-A
Gender: Genderless, although usually referred to as male
Age: Around 20 years old
Classification: Legendary Pokémon, Genetic Pokémon, Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Mind Manipulation (In the first movie, Mewtwo wiped a Nurse Joy's memories and took control of her mind; at the end of Mewtwo Returns, it also wiped the memories of everyone involved), Flight, Forcefield Creation, Teleportation, Energy Manipulation, Time Travel, Low-level Reality Warping, Summoning, Aura, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Proficiency in fighting with spoons, Elemental Manipulation, Fear Inducement (Via Unnerve ability) Precognition, Power Mimicry, Statistics Amplification, Petrification, Darkness Manipulation, Power Nullification | Martial Arts, Body Control as Mega Mewtwo X and Psychic powers at their highest as Mega Mewtwo Y as well as an Immunity to being put to sleep. | High proficiency in fighting with several new attacks in its Shadow Mewtwo form.
Attack Potency: At least Small Country level, possibly Country level (Superior to the three Legendary birds, who took on Lugia, and casually created a hurricane in the anime) | At least Multi-Continent level (Vastly superior to its base form. Fought Zygarde as Mega Mewtwo X and Y in the manga) | Small Planet level via this calc (About 1.67 zettatons) | Dwarf Star level (Based on this calc)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Was casually reacting to Pikachu's Thunderbolts in the anime, which have been shown to have comparable speeds to Magnemite's) | At least Sub-Relativistic, possibly higher (Kept up with Zygarde in the manga) | Sub-Relativistic via this calc (Mach 12404) | Unknown, likely Sub-Relativistic (Should be comparable to the canon form)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown | At least Class NJ as Mega Mewtwo X | Class XJ | Unknown
Durability: At least Small Country level, possibly Country level | At least Multi-Continent level (Resisted and parried one of Zygarde's strikes as Mega Mewtwo X in the manga) | Small Planet level | Dwarf Star level
Stamina: Extremely high (It was able to fight against Mew and other formidable Pokémon for a while, capable of using large-scale, devastating techniques without noticeable exhaustion)
Standard Equipment: Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y (Allows Mewtwo to Mega Evolve)
Intelligence: Extremely High (Was able to clone various Pokémon)
Weaknesses: Bug, Ghost, and Dark Type moves | Same as base in Y Mega Evolution, X Mega Evolution is weak to Ghost, Flying, and Fairy Type moves | Unknown
- Pressure: Base Mewtwo only. Mewtwo exerts a pressure on the opponent which makes them expend twice as much energy tiring them out twice as quickly.
- Unnerve: Base Mewtwo only. Mewtwo's presence unnerves the opponent preventing them from eating berries.
- Insomnia: Mega Mewtwo Y only. Mewtwo cannot be put to sleep.
- Steadfast: Mega Mewtwo X only. Mewtwo speed raises every time it flinches.
- Psystrike: Mewtwo's signature move. Mewtwo fires off a powerful psychic projectile which targets defense instead of special defense.
- Laser Focus: Mewtwo concentrates intensely ensuring that its next move hits.
- Psywave: Mewtwo fires off a wave of psychic energy.
- Confusion: Mewtwo attacks with a telekinetic force, similar to Psychic, which can cause confusion.
- Disable: Mewtwo disables the opponent's last move entirely.
- Safeguard: Mewtwo creates a protective barrier around itself and its allies that protects against status conditions.
- Swift: Mewtwo fires off a series of homing stars at the opponent.
- Future Sight: Mewtwo prepares a powerful psychic attack which strikes the opponent later on. It ignores moves like Protect and Detect.
- Psych Up: Mewtwo copies the opponent's stat changes.
- Miracle Eye: This move allows Mewtwo to hit Dark Types with Psychic Type moves and it also allows it to ignore evasion.
- Psycho Cut: Mewtwo fires off blades of psychic energy which have a high chance of dealing critical damage.
- Power Swap: Mewtwo uses its psychic powers to swap attack and specia attack with the opponent.
- Guard Swap: Mewtwo uses its psychic powers to swap defense and special defense with the opponent.
- Recover: Mewtwo heals itself of any damage it may have received by up to half of its maximum health.
- Psychic: Mewtwo uses a strong psychokinesis for offensive, defensive, and supplemnentary means such as lifting the target in question or simply blasting them. It may also lower their special defense.
- Barrier: Mewtwo sets up a psychic barrier to boost its defense.
- Aura Sphere: Mewtwo draws from its aura and forms it into a light blue sphere which it then fires. It highly difficult to avoid.
- Mist: Mewtwo creates a mist which protects it and its allies from having their stats lowered by the opponent.
- Amnesia: Mewtwo temporarily empties its mind to boost its special defense.
- Me First: Mewtwo uses the opponent's intended move before they can.
- Hyper Beam: Mewtwo fires off a destructive beam of energy. Unlike most Pokémon it doesn't appear to need to recharge afterwards.
- Counter: Mewtwo reflects any physically based attacks back at the opponent.
- Shadow Ball: Mewtwo fires off a black and purple shadowy ball of energy at the opponent. It may also lower their special defense.
- Protect: Mewtwo creates a forcefield to protect itself.
Note: This composite profile covers all the game versions of Mewtwo, its Mega Evolutions in the canon games and Pokémon Adventures manga, Shadow Mewtwo from Pokkén Tournament, and Mega Mewtwo X&Y from Super Mystery Dungeon.
Key: Base | Mega Evolutions | Shadow Mewtwo | Mega Evolutions (Super Mystery Dungeon)