|“||It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.||„|
|~ Pokédex (Red/Blue)|
Mewtwo is a Psychic Type Legendary Pokémon. The story of Mewtwo has quite a few versions, but they all start off the same. Before Mewtwo, there was Mew, the ancestor of all Pokemon. On a day in July, the criminal organization found Mew, and managed to acquire one of its eyelashes. Team Rocket hired scientists, among them the Gym Leader Blaine and the Lavender Town elder Mr. Fuji, to use said eyelash to clone Mew and create the most powerful Pokemon alive. They succeeded, but due to events that happened during his creation, whether it being the death of AmberTwo, the death of Dr. Fuji, or the failure to give it a compassionate heart, Mewtwo became vengeful and savage. Mewtwo was unable to be controlled, and therefore went on a rampage, destroying the lab it was created in and killing a majority of the scientists in it. Its escape led it to Cerulean Cave.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 5-C, likely higher | At least 5-C, likely higher | Low 5-B | 5-B
Gender: Genderless, although usually referred to as male
Age: Around 20 years old
Classification: Legendary Pokémon, Genetic Pokémon, Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Genius Intelligence, Memory Manipulation, Storm Creation, Illusion Creation, Mind Manipulation (In the first movie, Mewtwo wiped a Nurse Joy's memories and took control of her mind; at the end of Mewtwo Returns, it also wiped the memories of everyone involved), Flight, Forcefield Creation, Invisibility, Teleportation, Explosion Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Confusion Inducement, Time Travel, (Low-level) Reality Warping, Summoning, Aura, Regeneration (Low-Mid), Healing, Mist Manipulation, Proficiency in fighting with spoons and crescent blades of psychic energy, Elemental Manipulation, Fear Manipulation (Via Unnerve Ability), Precognition, Power Mimicry, Statistics Amplification, Petrification, Darkness Manipulation, Power Nullification, Resistance to Fighting and Psychic Type moves, minor Resistance Negation, Attack Reflection, Can guarantee critical hits, Homing Attacks. | Martial Arts, Body Control/Elasticity as Mega Mewtwo X and Psychic powers at their highest as Mega Mewtwo Y as well as an Immunity to being put to sleep. Loses Psychic Type resistance as Mega Mewtwo X but gains resistance to Rock Type moves. | High proficiency in fighting with several new attacks in its Shadow Mewtwo form.
Attack Potency: At least Moon level, likely higher (Far superior to the three Legendary birds, who took on Lugia. Casually created a hurricane in the anime. Capable of impaling Deoxys with a spoon) | At least Moon level, likely higher (Vastly superior to its base form. Fought Zygarde as Mega Mewtwo X and Y in the manga) | Small Planet level via this calc (About 1.67 zettatons) | Planet level (Based on this calc)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Was casually reacting to Pikachu's Thunderbolts in the anime, which have been shown to have comparable speeds to Magnemite's. Far superior to Lugia in speed and kept up with Deoxys) | At least Sub-Relativistic, possibly higher (Kept up with Zygarde in the manga) | Sub-Relativistic via this calc (Mach 12404) | Unknown. Likely Sub-Relativistic (Should be comparable to the canon form)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Moon Class, likely higher (Hits with his spoon with this strength) | At least Moon Class, likely higher | Small Planet Class | Unknown
Durability: At least Moon level, likely higher (Took hits from Deoxys and got out of his grip) | At least Moon level, likely higher (Resisted and parried one of Zygarde's strikes as Mega Mewtwo X in the manga) | Small Planet level | Planet level
Stamina: Extremely high (It was able to fight against Mew and other formidable Pokémon for a while, capable of using large-scale, devastating techniques without noticeable exhaustion)
Range: Standard melee range. Thousands of kilometers with projectiles and abilities. Planetary as Shadow Mewtwo.
Standard Equipment: Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y (Allows Mewtwo to Mega Evolve)
Intelligence: Extremely high (Was able to clone various Pokémon)
Weaknesses: Bug, Ghost, and Dark Type moves | Same as base in Y Mega Evolution, X Mega Evolution is weak to Ghost, Flying, and Fairy Type moves | None notable
- Pressure: Base Mewtwo only. Mewtwo exerts a pressure on the opponent which makes them expend twice as much energy tiring them out twice as quickly.
- Unnerve: Base Mewtwo only. Mewtwo's presence unnerves the opponent preventing them from eating berries.
- Life Force: One of a series of Abilities that appeared in Pokemon Conquest. It allows Mewtwo to passively recover health between attacks.
- Insomnia: Mega Mewtwo Y only. Mewtwo cannot be put to sleep.
- Steadfast: Mega Mewtwo X only. Mewtwo speed raises every time it flinches.
- Psystrike: Mewtwo's signature move. Mewtwo fires off a powerful psychic projectile which targets defense instead of special defense.
- Laser Focus: Mewtwo concentrates intensely ensuring that its next move hits.
- Psywave: Mewtwo fires off a wave of psychic energy.
- Confusion: Mewtwo attacks with a telekinetic force, similar to Psychic, which can cause confusion.
- Disable: Mewtwo disables the opponent's last move entirely.
- Safeguard: Mewtwo creates a protective barrier around itself and its allies that protects against status conditions.
- Swift: Mewtwo fires off a series of homing stars at the opponent.
- Future Sight: Mewtwo prepares a powerful psychic attack which strikes the opponent later on. It ignores moves like Protect and Detect.
- Psych Up: Mewtwo copies the opponent's stat changes.
- Miracle Eye: This move allows Mewtwo to hit Dark Types with Psychic Type moves and it also allows it to ignore evasion.
- Psycho Cut: Mewtwo fires off blades of psychic energy which have a high chance of dealing critical damage.
- Power Swap: Mewtwo uses its psychic powers to swap attack and specia attack with the opponent.
- Guard Swap: Mewtwo uses its psychic powers to swap defense and special defense with the opponent.
- Recover: Mewtwo heals itself of any damage it may have received by up to half of its maximum health.
- Psychic: Mewtwo uses a strong psychokinesis for offensive, defensive, and supplemnentary means such as lifting the target in question or simply blasting them. It may also lower their special defense.
- Barrier: Mewtwo sets up a psychic barrier to boost its defense.
- Aura Sphere: Mewtwo draws from its aura and forms it into a light blue sphere which it then fires. It highly difficult to avoid because of its homing properties.
- Mist: Mewtwo creates a mist which protects it and its allies from having their stats lowered by the opponent.
- Amnesia: Mewtwo temporarily empties its mind to boost its special defense.
- Me First: Mewtwo uses the opponent's intended move before they can.
- Hyper Beam: Mewtwo fires off a destructive beam of energy. Unlike most Pokémon it doesn't appear to need to recharge afterwards.
- Counter: Mewtwo reflects any physically based attacks back at the opponent.
- Shadow Ball: Mewtwo fires off a black and purple shadowy ball of energy at the opponent. It may also lower their special defense.
- Protect: Mewtwo creates a forcefield to protect itself.
Note: This composite profile covers all the game versions of Mewtwo, its Mega Evolutions in the canon games and Pokémon Adventures manga, Shadow Mewtwo from Pokkén Tournament, and Mega Mewtwo X & Y from Super Mystery Dungeon.
Key: Base | Mega Evolutions | Shadow Mewtwo | Mega Evolutions (Super Mystery Dungeon)