Methuselah is the ancient god of darkness, having been around since the beginning of the world through the thoughts and ideas of mankind. He is the only god to have kept his existence from disappearing from the world due to his desire to live, his fellow gods (whom all, including Methuselah himself, have been birthed from Mercurius as a byproduct of his Law) having perished due to their mystery deteriorating over time.
It would be many years later where he would arise yet again to the world in the year 1944, taking up the form and identity of a human being named "Ludwig van Rosenkranz", where he would eventually encounter and fight the forces of the Longinus Dreizehn Orden.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 5-B, likely far higher
Name: Methuselah (True name is unknown), Ludwig van Rosenkranz
Gender: Genderless but referred to as male
Age: As old as the concept of darkness
Classification: God, Embodiment of Darkness, "Vampire", Creation of Mercurius
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 1, 3, 4, and 8, will continue to exist so long as the concept of darkness exists), Regeneration (Mid-Godly), Reality Warping, Conceptual Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation (Can accelerate time at a rate of hundreds of thousands to billions of years per second), Soul Manipulation, Non-Corporeal (His true body is made up of all darkness in the world and cannot be harmed by any physical attacks nor is it of any consequence to him as he can simply reform from another spot instantly), Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, Information Manipulation, Blood Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation and immunity to it (Controls everything that is darkness and is related to it in the world; ranging from nightzones to the darkness in mans heart and even that of darkness created by others. Can also cause darkness to occur in place where night has not been created with just his mere movement, turning the area he was previously at to morning and the next to night time.), Flight, Shapeshifting (Can take the form of anything that is related to darkness such as a nachzehrer, vampire, ghouls, ect), Barrier Creation, Attack Reflection, Necromancy (Can infuse corpses with his mystery, allowing him to manipulate them), possesses incredible willpower (Endured living for many years while his fellow gods died over time due to the lack of mystery surrounding them. Kept on living for a few more moments even after Reinhard attacked him with his Longinuslanze through sheer willpower albeit lost all of the mystery of his being and thus his power and immortality), Resistance to Magic, Mental, Spatial, Temporal and Conceptual attacks, Immunity to Soul Manipulation due to lacking a soul and making him immune to the Holy Relics of almost all members of the LDO, Vampirism, Light and Matter Absorption, Energy Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Nonexistence Manipulation, Emotional Manipulation, Aura (His mere presence takes the primal fear of darkness since the Big Bang over the course of the decillions of universes Mercurius has reset up to the year 1944 and shunts it into his opponent's mind, causing them to either go insane, kill themselves, or outright die due to the sudden shock of having all the mental fears implanted into them)
Attack Potency: At least Planet level, likely far higher (He embodies the mystery of all nights from the time of Mercurius to 1944, including his time loops, with their numbers being in the decillions at least. A single night's mystery requires the destruction of half the planet, and Methuselah can create Jaws with a density of a hundred), can bypass durability in a number of ways
Lifting Strength: Superhuman, exact level unknown
Striking Strength: At least Planet Class, likely far higher
Durability: At least Planet level, likely far higher (A single night's mystery is equivalent to the durability of half the planet, with Methuselah piling up nights from the time of Mercurius to 1944, including his time loops, with their numbers being in the decillions at least). Regeneration, conceptual existence, intangibility, and requiring destruction on a conceptual level makes him extremely hard to kill, especially given how he has resistance to all of these things such as the likes of the LDO, and even being able to briefly survive a direct hit by Reinhard's Longinuslanze Testament along with Machina's Briah being the only other ability that can truly harm and destroy him)
Range: Planetary (Exists wherever there is darkness. His darkness aura and presence alone spans across half the planet)
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Extremely skilled combatant, capable of casually beating back the entirety of the LDO. Due to his conceptual nature, he's one of the most knowledgeable beings about souls and their essence.
Weaknesses: None notable
- Predation: Darkness was orginially neither good or evil, but humanity thoughts defined it as something ugly. Death, war, natural calamities, any concept related to darkness born from man ideas is what makes up his body and constitue his existence. Because of this, Methuselah has nearly infinite ways to kill someone both spiritually and physically such as:
- Jaws of Darkness: Surrounding the environment into darkness filled with countless jaws, each one with density of one hundred night. Trapping its targets in the abyss where light cannot escape from the grasp of darkness. Even if the attack is avoided, Methuselah could use the shadows of his enemies to trigger the phenomena. He can even release numerous of these fangs to the point it could only be described as a tsunami and fend off Reinhard Legion.
- Gloria Virtutem Tamquam Umbra Sequitur: (Glory Follows Bravery as if It Were Its Shadow) A passive barrier that takes any attack, regardless of magnitude and be it physical, spiritual or otherwise, and reflects it back at the opponent through a source of darkness or even the opponents shadow, the attack not losing any of its power.
- Magna Voluisse Magnum: (Great Ones Have Wished for Greatness) Methuselah manipulates the shadows to darken the skies as far as the eyes can see, where he then sends it crashing down on whatever it hits, with the mere activation boasting enough power to obliterate a continent. But it's full power is unknown as it was interrupted by Wilhelm before it could be completed.
- Nihili Est Qui Nihil Amat: (Nothing Is That Which Nothing Loves) Binds his targets inside a sphere and then ejects multiple layers of night. Density of 500,000 layers of night which equals to 1400 years. These layers are separated from each other, so they must be destroyed individually to escape. Not only that, but this prison compresses itself until it crushes anything inside it. Moreover, since circumferences of heaven and earth inside this is indecipherable, one may end up harming themselves. Methuselah can also opt to move the cage and throw it elsewhere, essentially removing the target from the battlefield.
- Nihil Difficile Amanti: (Nothing Is Difficult For a Lover) Methuselah summons a pentagram that rotates and speeds up time in the surrounding area, starting at a rate of thousands of years to quickly accelerating at hundreds of billions of years per second, essentially reducing everything (including souls) to dust and is able to ignore resistances to such effects. This was potent enough to where Methuselah was destroying the Legion (who would have perished for good if not for Reinhard's Briah constantly reviving them), reduced Rusalka's legs to dust, and even left a sizable crack on Reinhard's face. The ability is also kept permanently active around him, allowing him to continue using his other abilities in battle.
Note: Methuselah's scaling in speed from the LDO is primarily those of IkaBey as the feats calc'd at FTL to FTL+ only happened in the main storyline 60 years after the events of the previous VN. Thus, he should not be scaled backwards to feats that happened after his time and at least only scales physically to regular members such as Beatrice.