|“||Come back when you can put up a fight.||„|
|~ Meta Knight's victory quote in Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
Meta Knight is an enigmatic fighter with a mask who appears as a consistent rival to Kirby throughout the series. His origins are shrouded in mystery as are his motives, appearing as an impediment in Kirby's progress in some games but serving as a steadfast ally in others. What has remained constant is his deadly skill with a blade along with a tendency to flee when his mask is broken, revealing a face not unlike Kirby's...
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 4-A
Name: Meta Knight
Age: Thousands of years
Classification: Star Warrior, referred to as a puffball
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordsman, Vehicular Mastery, Longevity, Enhanced Senses (Able to travel in dark territories), Can turn into a small ball of intangible energy, Can harm intangible beings and souls, Flight, Teleportation, Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Energy Blasts, Healing via Heal & with Maxim Tomatoes, Speed Augmentation via Meta Quick, Heal & with Invincible Candy, Summoning via Knight Call & Meta Knightmares, Duplication, Attack Reflection (Deflected 3 energy balls of Magolor), Regeneration (Unknown in combat, likely High over time. Should be equal to Dark Meta Knight, his Mirror World counterpart.), Invulnerability via Tornado Attack & with the Invincible Candy, Explosion Manipulation with Balloon Bomb & Cracker, Forcefield Creation with Prism Shield, Invisibility & Intangibility with Invisibility Stone, Meteor Summoning (though to be more specific, his sword Galaxia itself can fight on its own and uses this attack when it does), violin dexterity (Shown in official art), Resistance to Spatial Manipulation, Reality Warping, Magic, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Transmutation (While he has been transmuted several times, he always kept his consciousness and at least his basic functions such as the use of his sword. He can also avoid being spit as a star by Kirby.), Existence Erasure (Can get hit by Drawcia's deletion wave and survive.), Mind Control (Unaffected by Magolor controlling the inhabitants of the universe), Gravity and Radiation Manipulation (Withstood black holes several times)
Attack Potency: At least Multi-Solar System level (Fought evenly with Kirby many times. Defeated Galacta Knight who was said to be "the most powerful warrior in the galaxy", which is full of other Multi-Solar System entities. Able to beat Drawcia while handicapped with the player's assistance, who warped massive portions of space into paint), able to negate durability with his Tornado Attack, Tornado Slash, Mach Tornado and Galaxia Darkness techniques.
Lifting Strength: Multi Stellar (Should be comparable to Kirby)
Striking Strength: At least Multi-Solar System Class (Traded blows with Kirby)
Durability: At least Multi-Solar System level (Can tank blows from Kirby and survives fights against him with only a broken mask to show for it)
Stamina: Very High (Consistently fights foes as powerful as Kirby for prolonged periods. Managed to defeated President Haltmann, Sectonia Clone, Dark Matter Clone, and Galacta Knight in a gauntlet style fight.)
Standard Equipment: His sword Galaxia, his Dimensional Cape, which allows him to teleport and cover the area with darkness. Items such as Balloon Bomb, Cracker, Prism Shield, Invisibility Stone and Maxim Tomatoes. Occasionally his war ship the Halberd. The Blaze Wheelie or a miniature Heavy Lobster (Kirby Battle Royale only)
Intelligence: Genius. Built the Halberd a ship with enough power to harm Kirby and a speed possibly superior to him. Meta Knight is a swordsman of the highest caliber, deftly swinging Galaxia in a flurry of slashes, giving no quarter to even the strongest of foes. He is able to consistently match Kirby in close combat, even after the latter bests foes as powerful as Magolor and Claycia. He also incorporates some throws into his arsenal, picking up foes and tossing them into the ground. He is also a capable leader, having the utmost respect and loyalty of his army of Meta-Knights/Meta Knightmares.
Weaknesses: Meta Knight prefers chivalrous combat, often refusing to fight his foe if they have no means of fighting back such as a sword. He flees when his mask breaks for unknown reasons. He sometimes seems to need to defeat or at least clobber his foes for a time before using his special abilities.
- Meta Quick: Meta Knight increases his speed. The effects are shared if he has a Knight summon.
- Knight Call: Meta Knight summons a Blade or Sword Knight to aid him in battle.
- Sword Beam: When at full health, Meta Knight is capable of slashing a sword beam, which is able to damage nearby ennemies. The beam can be slashed almost as wide as the battle field.
- Sky Knight Sword: When Meat Knight holds up his sword, and then slashes it, he shoots a curved energy beam. This is similar to slashing Sword Beams, except the distance it makes isn't as wide, he's capable of slashing this beam at anytime he wants and it does more damage than an ordinary Sword Beam.
- Heal: Meta Knight replenishes his health and stamina entirely, it also increases his speed momentarily. The effects are shared if he has a Knight summon.
- Tornado Attack (トルネイドアタック): Meta Knight makes a massive jump, turns into a tornado and slowly descends trying to reach his opponents, if he gets them the attack will ignore any guard, if he fails Meat Knight will be momentarily exposed.
- Tornado Slash (竜巻斬り): Meta Knight creates 1 tornado with his sword which is impossible to block.
- Mach Tornado: Meta Knight creates 2 powerful tornadoes in his immediate vicinity, heavily damaging all who are caught within. In some cases this tornado is localized around Meta Knight, simultaneously damaging foes and protecting him from attack. Can ignore Galacta Knight's guard and should be comparable to his other tornado attacks.
- Galaxia Darkness: Meta Knight swings his cape at his opponent, paralyzing them and covering the surrounding area in pitch-black darkness should it connect. After a few seconds, the target(s) caught by the cape are sent flying by an immensely powerful slash while other foes are merely damaged by a far more minor attack. Ignores Galacta Knight's guard, its version in Super Smash Bros. also ignores guards.
- Meta Knightmares: Meta Knight summons members of the Meta-Knights/Meta Knightmares for a devastating full-screen attack, the knights disappear after this. Currently his most powerful attack.
- Duplication: Meta Knight uses his sword to create 4 clones of himself with low durability and identical strength. The duplicates eventually disappear.
- Drill Rush: Meta Knight drills into the target with Galaxia.
- Shuttle Loop: Meta Knight uppercuts with his sword, travels in a loop and glides.
- Meta Multithrust: Meta Knight swiftly jabs the target multiple times.