|“||Heroes never die!||„|
|~ Mercy resurrecting the recently fallen|
Angela Ziegler (callsign Mercy) rose to become the head of surgery at a prominent Swiss hospital before pioneering a breakthrough in the field of applied nanobiology that radically improved the treatment of life-threatening illnesses and injuries. It was this expertise that attracted the attention of Overwatch.
Because her parents had been taken by war, Ziegler was opposed to the organization's militaristic approach to keeping global peace. Ultimately, she recognized that Overwatch offered her the opportunity to save lives on a much larger scale. As Overwatch's head of medical research, Angela sought to leverage her work for healing in frontline crises. The result was the Valkyrie swift-response suit, which Ziegler herself piloted on many Overwatch missions.
Despite her contributions to Overwatch, she was often at odds with her superiors and the organization's overarching aims. One example was the development of the biotic rifle by Torbjörn. Torbjörn provided assurances that the device was only intended for healing, but Ziegler maintained that this was setting Overwatch down a road that could lead to the weaponization of biotic technology, and that she had only conducted research in the field on the condition that it would not be used for offensive purposes.
When the group was faced with a series of allegations, Ziegler was interrogated in the hearings conducted by the United Nations. In light of the fight between Overwatch members Jack Morrison and Gabriel Reyes, Ziegler admitted that the outcome had been inevitable. They had drifted further and further apart ever since Morrison had been chosen over Reyes for the position of strike commander, and that rift had widened despite her efforts.
When Overwatch dissolved, Ziegler dedicated herself to helping those affected by war. Though she spends most of her time caring for the broken and dispossessed in crisis areas around the world, Dr. Ziegler can be counted on to don her Valkyrie suit whenever innocents are imperiled, hoping to make a more peaceful world.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-B physically, possibly High 8-C with firearms
Name: Angela Ziegler, callsign Mercy
Classification: Overwatch's Former Head of Medical Research, Leader of the Valkyrie Swift-Response Unit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Healing, Flight, Expert Markswoman, is able to boost the efficiency and firepower of her allies' armaments, and can resurrect the recently fallen
Lifting Strength: Regular Human
Striking Strength: Human Class
Durability: Large Building level (Can take hits from other heroes)
Stamina: High (Can tend to multiple allies and endure entire firefights without slowing down)
Range: Several meters with her Caduceus Staff, several dozen meters with her Caduceus Blaster.
Standard Equipment: Her Valkyrie Swift-Response Suit, her Caduceus Staff and Blaster.
Intelligence: Mercy is a leading medical researcher and physician, having served as Overwatch's Head of Medical Reserach and personally designed the Valkyrie suit and her Biotics technology with the help of Torbjörn. While she is staunchly opposed to violence, she is more than capable of fending for herself on the battlefield, taking down targets with the pinpoint accuracy of her Caduceus Blaster when pressed while healing allies with her Caduceus Staff, being able to do so during flight as well as keeping up with her more open-minded teammates in the middle of thick firefights.
Weaknesses: Mercy is staunchly opposed to violence and would prefer to negotiate rather than fight her foes, she can only use her Caduceus Staff on one person (and not on herself) at a time and cannot use its healing and damage boosting abilities at the same time, her Valkyrie suit needs time to regenerate and cannot do so while under enemy fire.
- Valkyrie Suit: Mercy wears a special suit of her own design that allows her to rapidly fly to her teammates and slow her descent at will to remain close enough to her allies to use her Caduceus Staff on them. In addition, it is able to repair itself and heal her injuries when she hasn't taken damage for the last few seconds.
- Angelic Descent: Propelled by her Valkyrie suit, Mercy slows the speed of her descent from great heights.
- Caduceus Staff: Mercy carries a special staff that Is able to discharge two kinds of beams formed from her biotics technology. The first allows her to rapidly close and heal her ally's injuries as well as repair their armor and energy shielding. The second allows her to greatly increase the firepower of her ally's weapons.
- Caduceus Blaster: Mercy's only firearm, the Caduceus Blaster is a low-caliber energy pistol that Mercy can rapidly fire with pinpoint accuracy to defend herself and her allies in a pinch, often while using her Caduceus staff at the same time.
- Guardian Angel: Mercy flies towards a targeted ally, allowing her to reach them quickly and provide assistance in crucial moments.
- Resurrect: Mercy pushes her biotic technology to the limit to radiate a burst of restorative energy, resurrecting a single ally within five meters of her, restoring them to perfect health and briefly shielding them to prevent enemy retaliation.
- Valkyre: Unleashes the full power of Mercy's Valkyrie Suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds.