|“||I'll keep on fighting for peace for both humans and robots!||„|
|~ Mega Man's driving goal|
Rock Light was the second of Dr. Light's Robot Masters after Blues and one of the first robots to have truly human-like intelligence. He was initially designed to be a simple lab assistant and a surrogate child for the good doctor alongside Rock's sister unit, Roll. However, when Dr. Wily, Light's jealous and disgraced former colleague, stole the other Robot Masters and reprogrammed them to wreak havoc upon the populace, Rock volunteered to take up arms and defend the world as the hero Mega Man.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 5-B | 5-B
Name: Mega Man, Rock Light, DLN-001
Origin: Mega Man
Age: A.I. age is 10, physical age is unknown
Classification: Robot Master DLN-001
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Absolute Zero Ice, Energy Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation (Said fire is hotter than the Earth's core), Water Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Strength Augmentation, Transmutation, Weather Manipulation, Flight, Magnetism Manipulation, Forcefield Creation, Space-Time Manipulation, Fusionism (Can merge with his mechanical dog Rush in a variety of ways), Creation (Can recreate virtually any materials required for the usage of his Variable Weapons System), Resistance to Absolute Zero and EMPs, Immunity to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (As a Robot, he lacks the soul of an organic being, and can't be manipulated through typical mind manipulation techniques), Meteor Summoning, Can breathe underwater
Attack Potency: Small Planet level+ (On par with Sunstar, Duo and Evil Energy, his Dual Mega Buster Blast killed Ra Moon) | Planet level (Killed Sunstar, who should be superior to Wily's satellite lasers)
Speed: Massively FTL (Dodged attacks from Duo's Meteor Form and navigated Space Rush Across the asteroid belt. Outran Quick Man's beams of light and escaped from Galaxy Man and Saturn's black holes) with Massively FTL+ Teleportation Speed (Same speed as Proto Man's teleporter, which went from Earth to Pluto nearly instantly)
Striking Strength: Small Planet Class+ | Planet Class
Durability: Small Planet level+ (Tanked blasts from Wily's #8 machine that injured Duo, tanked hits from Sunstar) | Planet level (Tanked hits from Sunstar)
Stamina: Essentially limitless due to being a Robot Master
Standard Equipment: Mega Buster, Rush, Beat, Robot Master copied weapons
Intelligence: Although he is programmed to act like a child, Mega Man is an extremely skilled combatant who has faced off against entire armies of robots single-handedly even though he was initially designed as a mere helper robot. He is able to instantly analyze and master any Special Weapon he acquires and has navigated through Wily's series of death traps and puzzles to foil him time and again, even defeating advanced robots designed to conquer other planets. However, he is rather gullible and naive at times due to his natural programming, having been fooled by Wily's robotic duplicate of Dr. Light, a ruse that Proto Man saw through in an instant.
Weaknesses: Mega Man is powered by sunlight, so spending large amounts of time underground without an alternate source of power can be potentially dangerous, but this is usually a non-issue in most combat situations. His copied weapons have limited ammunition.
- Copy Vision: Mega Man generates a holographic copy of himself to draw enemy fire and act as a distraction. It can even fire actual buster shots to look more convincing.
- Time Slow/Time Stopper/Flash Stopper/Centaur Flash: Over the course of his adventures, Mega Man has copied various weapons that allow him to slow down or stop time in his vicinity, working instantly to freeze virtually everything in sight upon activation. In addition, various other media show that he's able to control the effective area of the ability to a single target if desired.
- Black Hole/Black Hole Bomb: Mega Man generates a black hole which sucks in enemies and their attacks. He can also reverse the gravitational pull to send out everything it sucked in as high-speed projectiles.
- Concrete Shot: Mega Man fires a glob of a special liquid that converts anything it covers into a block of concrete that he can destroy simply by jumping on it, leaving no trace of the original target.
- Ice Slasher/Ice Wave/Freeze Cracker/Chill Spike/Blizzard Attack: Mega Man has copied numerous ice-based weapons in the past which approach or reach absolute zero to flash freeze targets and destroy them at the atomic level.
- Metal Blade: Mega Man creates and throws a buzzsaw made of Ceratanium that can cut through most materials with complete and utter ease.
Key: Canon | Composite
Notes: Dr. Wily once claimed that Mega Man can't harm a human, prompting Mega Man to spare him. This is likely a reference to Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics. However he's violated these rules many times before including in the very same scene where Wily attempted to protect himself by invoking said laws (allowing harm through inaction), and there's the implication that Mega Man was on the verge of killing Wily. Hence it's most likely that he only loosely follows this rule out of choice and not by obligation.