|“||It's high noon...||„|
|~ McCree's most infamous line|
Jesse McCree was originally a member of the Deadlock Gang, a group of notorious criminals who specialized in trafficking illegal firearms and military hardware to other organizations around the Southwestern United States. In an Overwatch sting operation at Route 66, McCree was captured alongside several other gang members. Overwatch was impressed with his skills and gave him the option of becoming a member of its Black Ops division, Blackwatch, rather than going to prison. He accepted, and began to serve with training from Gabriel Reyes.
When Overwatch began to decline and Blackwatch's rebellion was beginning, McCree opted to leave Overwatch and cut off all contact with its members. He resurfaced after its collapse as a mercenary.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Likely 9-B physically, likely High 8-C with firearms
Name: Jesse McCree
Classification: Former Member of the Deadlock Gang, Former Member of Overwatch, Vigilante, Mercenary
Attack Potency: Likely Wall level physically (As a former professional soldier, he should be at least this strong; scaling from Tracer), likely Large Building level with firearms (His bullets can penetrate the armor of individuals as tough as Reinhardt and Winston, the latter of whom withstood blows that could level skyscrapers)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Likely Wall Class
Durability: Likely Large Building level (Can withstand brief amounts of fire from other heroes, including the likes of Reaper and Widowmaker, who nearly incapacitated Winston)
Stamina: High (Can endure entire firefights without getting winded and casually hangs out on top of a train moving at 640 km/h with the wind whipping in his face)
Range: Several meters with Flashbangs, Several dozen meters with the Peacemaker
Standard Equipment: His six-shooter, the Peacemaker, Numerous flashbang grenades
Intelligence: As a former member of Overwatch's Black Ops Division, McCree is an expert in the arts of assassination, infiltration, and interrogation. His incredible skill with a six-shooter attracted Overwatch's attention long before he joined up with the organization. He is able to accurately take down targets in the midst of holding hostages while crashing through a window of a train moving at 640km/h and even in near total darkness and is able to fire six killing shots at six different targets within his line of sight in less than a second. He is also pragmatic, stunning foes with flashbang grenades before putting a bullet between their eyes if he feels outmatched. However, due to his desire to atone for his past actions, he prefers to avoid getting innocents caught in the crossfire and will go the extra mile to protect them.
Weaknesses: McCree refers to avoid having innocents caught in the crossfire, He presumably has a finite amount of ammunition and his Peacemaker can only hold six rounds at a time, Deadshot leaves him vulnerable as he lines up the perfect shot.
- Peacemaker: McCree prefers to use his trusty six-shooter one-handed, firing perfectly accurate rounds powerful enough to penetrate heavy armor without much difficulty. Although he fires these rounds slowly in game, Train Hopper shows that he's able to fire these rounds rapidly with no loss of precision.
- Fan the Hammer: McCree eschews accuracy and quickly fans the hammer of the Peacemaker to rapidly release a volley of shots that can down all but the most heavily armored opponents instantly but suffers from severe spread due to the recoil generated by firing the gun so many times in rapid succession.. He most frequently uses this in close combat should a foe try to close the gap between them, preferably after nailing them with a flashbang grenade.
- Combat Roll: McCree ducks low to the ground and tumbles to avoid enemy fire, using this time to quickly reload the Peacemaker for another volley.
- Flashbang: McCree throws a flashbang grenade that quickly detonates after flying a short distance, leaving his foes dazed and immobile sitting ducks for rounds from the Peacemaker.
- Deadeye: McCree slows down and takes his time to line up the perfect shot(s) before drawing to unleash a flurry of bullets to quickly end all of his targets with a single fatal shot each. However, during this time his Peacemaker is kept in its holster, leaving him vulnerable if his foes attacks from outside McCree's line of sight.