The Mazinger Z (マジンガーZ Majinga Zetto) is the titular mech of Mazinger Z and had appeared in several subsequent series. Following the discovery of Japanium and the creation of Super Alloy Z, the titanic robot was created by Doctor Juzo Kabuto to combat Dr. Hell and his Mechanical Beasts, who desired the metal for their own nefarious purposes. When the doctor was killed, his grandson Koji Kabuto piloted the mech to fight against Dr. Hell. In production history, the Mazinger Z is the first giant robot to be internally piloted leading a series, launching the Super Robot genre into existence.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 8-C physically, 8-A with most of its weapons, 7-C using the Breast Fire. High 6-A with the "Big Bang Punch".
Name: Mazinger Z
Origin: Mazinger Z
Classification: Mazin series, Super Robot.
Powers and Abilities: Flight, Light Manipulation, Forcefield, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Air Manipulation (with rust tornado that dissolves its opponent with corrosive chemicals), Enhanced Armor (His Japanium has resistance to photons, sub-zero temperatures, acids, and fire.), Temperature attacks (can freeze his foes to -180 C and melt them at 30000 C), Photonic Energy
Attack Potency: Large Building level+ physically, Multi-City Block level with most of its weapons, Town level with Breast Fire. Multi-Continent level+ with the "Big Bang Punch" (Can cause planetary shockwaves)
Lifting Strength: Class K
Striking Strength: Large Building Class
Durability: At least Multi-City Block level, likely Town level
Range: Several yards to several kilometers
Weaknesses: Can be damaged with corrosive substances:
- Koshiryouku Beam: Mazinger Z can fire photons in a the form of a laser through its eyes. This move is not very strong and is usually used to get enemies attention, get them off the Mazinger, or take out projectiles.
- Rocket Punch: The Mazinger Z's signature move, firing its arm through the air powered by rockets crushing everything in its path. Its direction can be changed to return it, or do more damage through a rocket on its finger. Both fists can also be launched.
- Daisharin Rocket Punch: Mazinger Z spins its arms rapidly and builds up momentum before firing off both fists in standard Rocket Punch fashion. Iron Cutter: An improved Rocket Punch designed by Dr. Morimori in which the forearm sprouts a pair of axe-like blades, allowing it to cut and slash as well as to bludgeon.
- Reinforced Rocket Punch: It's basically the Rocket Punch, but it's reinforced with stronger armor.
- Missile Punch: Mazinger Z mounts a missile launch bay in its belly, which can store several missiles. The missile fired has a force of 100 tons of TNT.
- Rust Hurricane: Acid/corrosive material mixed with air flows from his mouth rusting enemy metals in an instant and appears to even work on Super Alloy Z.
- Breast Fire: Firing a heated beam from the chest panel at 30,000 degrees Celsius, Mazinger Z can burn up enemies. Its power can be focused for more intense heat. It also melts off the paint job.
- Drill Missile: A barrage of small, needle-like missiles fired from ports in Mazinger's upper arms. This attack was typically performed after the Rocket Punch but before the forearm had returned.
- Reito Beam: Mazinger unleashes a blast of intense cold of 180 degrees Celsius below zero that is capable of freezing even flames; this attack was alternately fired from the mouth grill or the spikes on the sides of Mazinger's head.
- Finger Missile: A rarely-used attack where Mazinger fires the last joint of its fingers as miniature missiles.
- Mazin Power: A power-up move that amplifies the Mazinger's power output.
- Mazinger Boomerang: Removes the heat sinks from the chest, connects it and flings it at the enemy. This attack only appeared in a flashback in Grendizer, Getter Robo G, Great Mazinger: Kessen! Daikaiju.
- Big Bang Punch: With the God Scrander transforming the Mazinger into a form resembling Zeus' fist (even making it glow gold), it is launched at an opponent, which releases a planetary shockwave, making it the Mazinger's most powerful attack.