Maria is Firion's childhood friend and Leon's sister, she joins the Rebellion alongside her friends in order to find Leon and free the continent from the Emperor's clutches. Along the way, she begins to harbor feelings for Firion as they fight through thick and thin, becoming a romantic couple by the end of the game.
Powers and Stats
Origin: Final Fantasy II
Classification: Human Fighter/Rebel
Age: Appears to be in her late teens or early 20s
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Energy Projection, Holy Manipulation (in the form of Holy and various White Magic), Weapon Mastery, Teleportation, Petrification, Transmutation (In the form of transforming others into a regular toad), Elemental Manipulation (of the Fire, Ice, and Lightning variety), Poison Manipulation (in the form of Scourge), Mind Manipulation (In the forms of Confuse, Fear, Fog, and Sleep), Time Manipulation (in the forms of Haste, Slow, and Stop), Healing (mid-low via regeneration scale, in the forms of Cure and Life), Forcefield Creation, Can instantly kill targets
Striking Strength: Large Mountain Class (Drew back arrows with enough force to harm Dark Emperor Mateus in a scripted cutscene)
Range: Dozens of meters with her long bow, likely dozens to hundreds of meters with magic
Standard Equipment: Yoichi's Bow
Intelligence: The voice of reason amongst the main party, Maria is emotional but level-headed. She quickly takes to the many trades and tricks of being part of the Rebellion and along with her friends are its most successful members. In combat she is the most proficient amongst her friends in the use of bows and magic, having naturally high Intelligence and Agility ratings.
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana from which she is able to use her magical abilities, but this can be replenished through the use of Ethers.
Notes: Little canon information is available in regards to what magic the party may or may not possess (sans Maria having learned and mastered Holy [confirmed by the cutscene in Soul of Rebirth]), thus it is up to the thread maker to specify what sort of magic, if any, Maria has at her disposal at the start of a match.
- Death: Instantly kills the target, but has a chance of failing and sufficiently powerful enemies may be immune.
- Holy XVI: Despite its name, the attack is designated a non-elemental magical explosion, the White Magic counterpart of Flare.
- Haste: Speeds up time around herself, effectively increasing her combat and movement speed.
- Slow: Slows down time around the target, effectively reducing their combat and movement speed.
- Stop: Stops time around an opponent, leaving them helpless.
- Toad: Transforms the target into a toad, rendering them powerless.