|“||All around me are empty husks, soulless and unafraid... but I will bring them fear.||„|
Maokai is a rageful, towering treant who fights the unnatural horrors of the Shadow Isles. He was twisted into a force of vengeance after a magical cataclysm destroyed his home, surviving undeath only through the waters of life infused within his heartwood. Once a peaceful nature spirit, Maokai now furiously battles to banish the scourge of unlife from the Shadow Isles and restore his home to its former beauty.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Maokai, the Twisted Treant
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Described as existing long before living memory)
Classification: Treant, Nature spirit, Blessed Isles Guardian, Undead Slayer
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1), Regeneration (Mid-Low), Energy and magic absorption, Self-Healing, Magic, Can become temporarily intangible by transforming into a cloud of plant matter and magic, Plant Manipulation, Can make plants sentient, Can harm intangible beings
Durability: Small Town level+
Stamina: Superhuman (Able to fight off hundreds of wraiths and spirits without tiring)
Range: Several kilometers with magic
Standard Equipment: Saplings
Intelligence: Above average
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Maokai punches the opponent.
- Sap Magic: Periodically Maokai's next basic attack heals him. Each time Maokai casts an ability or is struck by an enemy's ability, Sap Magic's cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds.
- Arcane Smash: Maokai releases an arcane shockwave that travels forth in a line, dealing magic damage to all enemies it passes through and slowing them by 99% for 0.5 seconds. Enemies near Maokai are also knocked back.
- Twisted Advance: Maokai dashes to the target enemy, becoming untargetable for the duration, dealing them magic damage on arrival and rooting them.
- Sapling Toss: Maokai flings a Sapling to the target location that remains there for 30 seconds, granting sight around it. Upon spotting an enemy, the Sapling chases them for up to 2.5 seconds, exploding upon impact or at the end of its duration, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies upon detonation and slowing them by 35% for 2 second. Saplings placed in brush grow, increasing their duration and dealing double damage over 2 seconds. The damage is capped against non-champions.
- Nature's Grasp: Maokai summons a colossal wall of 5 thorny brambles that slowly advances forward, each stopping at the first enemy champion they collide with, dealing them magic damage and rooting them.
- Vengeful Maelstrom: Maokai creates a magical vortex around himself for up to 10 seconds, reducing non-turret damage dealt to himself and allies in the vortex by 20% for the duration and storing double the amount absorbed, capping at Vengeful Maelstrom's base damage. At the end of its duration or upon reactivating Vengeful Maelstrom, Maokai detonates the vortex, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies.