|“||To know that you are superior, in mind, in body, in spirit, that is everything! To know that power is your birthright, to know that untold thousands exist on this world for no reason but to serve you, to channel their power through your empire, be it of land or of business, channeling it upward to fuel you, to fuel your glory!||„|
|~ The Mandarin|
The Mandarin was born the child of Mongolian and British aristocrats, both of whom died shortly after his birth. He was raised by his aunt, who was bitter about not being the inheritor of the family fortune, and decided to twist his mind, raising him to be vain and bloodthirsty.
Every bit of wealth he had inherited was squandered training him into a twisted super-soldier. As a result, he was too broke to pay his taxes, resulting in the government foreclosing on his bankrupt estate. Blaming civilization for his downfall rather than his own vanity, and shortsightedness, the Mandarin then began a life of wandering and exploring as he sought some new source of wealth and power.
On one of these explorations he discovered an alien ship containing priceless technological treasures, including ten gold rings. He claimed these rings as his personal weapons, and looted the ship's technology. He then conquered the native villages surrounding this alien treasure, and exploited them for slave labor. This would become the base of operations for numerous attempts to either conquer the world or plunge it into war and chaos.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 6-C, possibly higher
Origin: Marvel Comics
Classification: Human Martial Artist
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Genius Intelligence, Chi Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Illusion Creation, Energy Projection, Matter Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Disintegration Beam, Light Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Forcefield Creation
Attack Potency: At least Large Island level, possibly higher (Has fought and physically overpowered Iron Man on various occasions, even breaking his arm in Armor Model 8, fighting with Model 9, and even fighting more advanced models. With one of his rings, he struck War Machine with enough force to shatter a mountain and cause an earthquake that could be felt in California, seven thousand miles away).
Speed: At least Sub-Relativistic+ (Can keep up with Iron Man)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Large Island Class, possibly higher
Durability: At least Large Island Class, possibly higher (Can take blows and repulsor blasts from Iron Man)
Range: Standard melee range. Unknown with energy beams.
Standard Equipment: His ten Makluan power rings that give him his powers.
- Ice Blast: This ring can emit waves of cold that he can use to stun an opponent, or freeze the air.
- Mento-Intensifier: This ring allows the Mandarin to take control of others mentally and transmit commands to them. It can also be used to create illusions.
- Electro-Blast: This ring allows the Mandarin to emit high-power electrical blasts.
- Flame Blast: This ring allows the Mandarin to emit heat or infrared radiation to create flames or trigger chemical explosions.
- White Light: This ring can emit various kinds of electromagnetic radiation and even intense gravity.
- Black Light: This ring can create a zone of absolute darkness that absorbs all light within it.
- Disintegration Beam: This ring can fire a high-power beam of energy that destroys all the molecular bonds of the target it strikes, though it has a twenty-minute recharge time.
- Vortex Beam: This ring can cause air to move around to create a high-speed vortex that can be used for offensive purposes, or to simulate flight.
- Impact Beam: This ring can emit various forms of energy, usually high-speed, powerful neutrons with great concussive force. It can also be used to project sonic vibrations, or create magnetic waves.
- Matter Rearranger: This ring can be used to manipulate the atoms in any substance to the Mandarin's liking, allowing him to transform others into stone, condense water vapor into liquid water, and create dangerous poisons from the air. It cannot transmute elements, however.
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius
Weaknesses: He has an extreme temper.
Note: Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.