|“||The land may melt, the sea may swell, the sky may fall... but they will come!||„|
Many men have gone mad beneath the glare of the Shurima sun, but it was during the night's chilling embrace that Malzahar relinquished his sanity. Malzahar was born a seer, blessed with the gift of prophecy. His talent, though unrefined, promised to be one of Runeterra's greatest boons, but destiny plotted him another course; his sensitivity to the roiling tides of fate allowed other, unwelcome things to tug at his subconscious mind. In his dreams, where the veil of separation is thinnest, a sinister thing beckoned. For some time, Malzahar was able to resist its prodding solicitation, but with each passing night the voice grew louder, or perhaps deeper, until he could withstand the call no more.
He ventured into the desert without supplies, drawn by the lure of a specious charm. His destination: a lost civilization to the east, known to ancient texts as Icathia. Few believed such a place ever existed, and those who did were certain that the sands had long since devoured whatever remained. When Malzahar's cracked feet finally failed him, he found himself kneeling at the base of a bizarre crumbling obelisk. Beyond it lay the alien geometry of a ruined city and the giant decaying idols of dark and horrific gods. His eyes, seeing what others cannot, and what none should, were filled with the essence of the Void. His once shifting visions of the future were replaced with the immutable promise of Valoran beset by creatures of the Void. Standing alone, but not alone, amidst the echoing dunes and infused with the power of the Void itself, Malzahar set off to the north to seek his fate.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C | At least 7-B
Name: Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Likely in his mid 30s)
Classification: Void Altered Human, Prophet of the Void (Formerly a Seer), Leader of the Cult of the Void
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Mid-low), Precognition, Void Magic, Summoning (Voidlings), Telekinesis, Can open portals to the Void, Empathic Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Magic Absorption, Flight, Telepathy, Partial Intangibility, Limited Power Nullification (Via Call of the Void and Nether Grasp)
Lifting Strength: Unknown, at least Superhuman with Telekinesis (Effortlessly lifted a person over his head) | Class M by virtue of size
Striking Strength: Small Town Class | City Class
Durability: Small Town level+ | At least City level
Range: Extended melee range with dagger, at least several meters with magic, several kilometers with telepathy
Standard Equipment: Void Dagger
Intelligence: Relatively high
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Malzahar fires an orb of Void magic at the opponent, dealing physical damage.
- Void Shift: Void Shift phases out Malzahar, making him immune to crowd control and taking 90% reduced damage, lingering for 0.25 seconds after taking damage or blocking a crowd control effect. Malzahar receives Void Shift if he hasn't taken damage nor been affected by crowd control in the last 12 seconds. Damage from minions does not interact with Void Shift.
- Call of the Void: Malzahar summons two orbs at the target location perpendicular to where he is facing, dealing magic damage to all enemies caught between the orbs and silencing them.
- Void Swarm: Malzahar spawns a Voidling at the target location for 12 seconds, that deals physical damage plus bonus magic damage on its attacks. Voidlings deal 50% damage to monsters, and 300% damage against minions affected by Malefic Visions. The first time a Voidling attacks a champion or large monster, Malzahar will spawn an additional Voidling with the same remaining duration that can in turn spawn additional Voidlings. This cannot happen if there is less than 9 seconds remaining on the swarm. Voidlings gain 100% bonus movement speed toward priority targets and if they're close enough to Malzahar. Malzahar stores a charge of Void Swarm periodically, up to a maximum of 2 at once.
- Malefic Visions: Malzahar infects the target enemy's mind, dealing them magic damage every half second over 4 seconds. Damaging a target with Call of the Void or Nether Grasp will refresh the duration of Malefic Visions. If the target dies during this time, they pass Malefic Visions onto the closest enemy, refreshing the duration and restoring 2% of maximum mana.
- Nether Grasp: Malzahar knocks down an enemy champion. For the next 2.5 seconds Malzahar channels, during which the target is suppressed. A Null Zone is opened beneath the target that lasts 5 seconds, dealing magic damage every second to both Nether Grasp's target as well as all other enemies within it.
- Summon Voidling: On every fourth ability use, Malzahar summons a Voidling that remains on the field until it is killed or 21 seconds have passed. If Malzahar dies, the Voidling stays behind but stops attacking. Voidlings grow in size after 7 seconds, gaining 50% bonus attack damage and armor, and frenzy after 14 seconds, gaining 100% bonus attack speed.
- Null Zone: Malzahar creates a zone of negative energy for 5 seconds, dealing magic damage every second to all enemies standing on it, capped at 120 against minions and monsters.
- Telekinesis: Malzahar has shown to possess telekinesis, but the full extent of this is unknown.
- Telepathy: Malzahar is capable of communicating with champions such as Kog'Maw over several miles. However, it is entirely possible this connection is limited to Kog'Maw alone.
- Void Dagger: Malzahar possesses a dagger imbued with the magic of the Void which can cut holes in reality and open portals to the Void.
Key: Base | Battle Boss Malzahar