|“||Beware, minions of chaos! The Shard of the Monolith has come.||„|
There is a world of perfect harmony, where all are part of the whole. The Monolith is the essence of all creation, and its denizens are but singular pieces of it. It is beautiful in its symmetry, and in its almost complete lack of uncertainty. The rocky beings that live there know their place and work to fulfill their duties to the fullest extent, functioning almost as a superorganism or hive. Malphite has always strived to live up to his full potential, as his own personal part of the whole, serving the role of a distinguished creature questing to enforce his people's flawless vision of order.
One day, without warning, a dimensional rift opened, and he was pulled to the world of Runeterra. The transition was painful and terrifying for him, as he was cut off from the song of his people and the Monolith - things that had been ever-present in him since the day he was born. He raged, trapped in this new realm - Runeterra - a world that had nearly been consumed by its disharmony. Yet, it was a world that needed protectors to bring order out of chaos. It was to that end that the rock-creature found his true purpose. Looking past his own fear and apprehension, Malphite could see that Runeterra needed him. Today, he hammers those who would seek to upset Valoran's movement toward order, especially turning his attention to those that wield chaotic magic. Unfortunately, Malphite has also begun to change, as he has been forced to face his own profound loneliness among the world's vibrant individuality.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C, likely 7-C | High 6-C
Name: Malphite, Shard of the Monolith
Origin: League of Legends
Classification: Earth Elemental, Mecha
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1), Regeneration (Mid-Low), Earth Manipulation, Can steal part of the opponent's movement speed and use it to increase his own | All previous abilities plus Flight and the ability to transform into a drill tank
Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (Can fight on-par with Garen and similarly powerful champions), likely Town level | Large Island level (Designed to defend against the Battlecast army, which should make him comparable to Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath)
Lifting Strength: At least Class M by virtue of size
Durability: Small Town level+ | Large Island level
Stamina: Superhuman | Limitless (Due to being a robot)
Range: Extended human melee range by virtue of size, Several meters with magic
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Above average
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Malphite strikes the opponent. Augmented by Vicious Strikes.
- Granite Shield: Malphite is shielded by a layer of rock which absorbs damage up to 10% of his maximum Health. If Malphite has not been hit for 10 seconds, this effect recharges.
- Seismic Shard: Malphite sends a rock rolling to the target enemy, dealing them magic damage upon impact and stealing a portion of their movement speed for 4 seconds.
- Brutal Strikes: Malphite starts to hit with such force that his attacks deal damage to all units in front of him. Passively increases his Armor.
- Ground Slam: Malphite slams the ground, sending out a shockwave that deals magic damage based on his Armor as damage and reduces the Attack Speed of enemies for a short duration.
- Unstoppable Force: Malphite dashes to a target location and becomes immune to crowd control for the duration. Upon impact, Malphite deals magic damage to all nearby enemies and knocks them up for 1.5 seconds.
- Drill Tank: Mecha Malphite has the ability to transform into a Drill Tank, granting him flight and the ability to tunnel through the earth at high speeds.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Doran's Shield: Grants bonus health and regeneration, and blocks 8 damage from basic attacks and single target abilities from champions.
- Ninja Tabi: Grants bonus armor and movement speed. Reduces incoming damage from all basic attacks by 12%.
- Sunfire Cape: Grants bonus health and armor, and deals constant magic damage to nearby enemies.
- Cinderhulk Stalker's Blade: Grants bonus health, lifesteal, and mana regeneration, and deals magic damage every second to nearby enemies. Basic attacks versus monsters deal 20 bonus damage and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals 30 magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring as much as health.
- Chilling Smite: Upgrades Smite to Chilling Smite. Chilling Smite can be cast on enemies, dealing true damage and stealing 20% of their movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Frozen Heart: Grants bonus armor and cooldown reduction, and cripples nearby enemies' attack speed by 15%.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.