|“||No matter what you do to me...I will never fall into despair!||„|
Makoto Naegi considered himself an "incredibly average" person with no outstanding qualities until he won a lottery to enter the prestigious Hope's Peak Academy as the "Ultimate Lucky Student". But this stroke of good fortune quickly turned into a nightmare as he is soon pitted against his new classmates by the enigmatic and sadistic Monokuma. Caught between trying to save his classmates and himself from their gruesome fates, Makoto will need every shred of luck he can get to survive this ordeal with his sanity intact.
Powers and Stats
Name: Makoto Naegi
Age: 19 in Trigger Happy Havoc. Older in later installments.
Classification: Human. Ultimate Lucky Student. Ultimate Hope.
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Durability and Reactions, is able to retain hope even in the most dire situations, has extreme luck, has a very good memory
Attack Potency: Human level
Lifting Strength: Regular Human
Striking Strength: Human Class
Durability: Wall level (Survived falling through an extremely deep garbage chute)
Stamina: High (Can maintain debates for a long time with no signs of tiring)
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Gifted (Solved every murder in Hopes Peak academy and defeated Junko Enoshima, the ultimate Despair).
Weaknesses: Has no combat experience.
- Solved the murder of Sayaka Maizono.
- Solved the murder of Chihiro Fujisaki.
- Solved the dual murder of Kiyotaka Ishimaru and Hifumi Yamada.
- Solved the "locked room murder" of Sakura Ogami.
- Defeated Junko Enoshima, the Ultimate Despair.
- Contributed to the defeat of AI Junko inside the Hope Restoration Program.
- Ultimate Lucky Student: He shares this talent with his predecessor, while his luck isn't nearly as powerful as Komaeda's or Izuru Kamukura's, his luck is difficult for Junko to predict and analyze because his luck pattern is different from the other lucky students and his good luck mostly takes effect in near death situations, such as him accidentally slipping on a piece of paper to avoid being knocked in the head by a wrench thrown by Junko and Alter Ego suddenly appearing to prevent Makoto from dying just before his execution can be completed by opening up a door on a floor.